• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Worst Experience at a WDW park, ride, or Hotel.

My DW twisted her knee in our room at All-Star Music and ended up having to be pushed around in a wheel chair. The problem was we had our 2 yr old DS with us in a stroller. So everywhere we went I was pushing my DW and she was pushing my DS. Looked like a train.

My worst experience in Orlando happened about 10 years ago at MCO. I was traveling with my sister and we had just gotten off the tram from the gates on our way to get the luggage. Some stranger walks up to me in a very authoritative voice as if I had gone through a restricted area and says " didn't you see the sign?". Turns out it was some religious group looking for money. He acted like he was airport security. Well the really security and airport management heard a mouthful from both me and my sister and I haven't seen any groups like that at MCO in a long time.

Reading the last post reminded me on one trip with my DD who was 2 and she was playing onthe bed and bumped her head very badly onthe table between the beds poor thing. She was fine but had an awful bruise on her face for most of our trip.

When Spaceship Earth broke down when we were sitting backwards in the dark at the part where you start coming back down. Stuck for around 20 minutes. It absolutely sucked.

Kitka said:
When Spaceship Earth broke down when we were sitting backwards in the dark at the part where you start coming back down. Stuck for around 20 minutes. It absolutely sucked.
I got stuck on Spaceship Earth as well and I absolutely loved it. That ride is a classic and the break down gave me a great opportunity to check out all the small details I've overlooked in the past. :woohoo:

ImaginEars said:
:banana: Tell about a bad WDW park, ride, or Hotel experience. :banana:

might be the last trip we took a few weeks ago. check in at POP was over 1.5 hours! they screwed up our 'grand gathering', put one of 4 rooms clear on the opposite end of the hotel. lost the information on our pre-paid tickets. and after trying for so long to find the ticket orders tell me that i have to come back in the morning when concierge opens.. i'm like, no way! we had a very early ADR for 13 people and i wasn't about to get up an extra hour early trying to fix up their mistake!
oh and the one room at the other end of the hotel was for three people and they put them in a handicap accessible room with only one bed!
i've also had plenty of run ins in different hotels with bad bug problems... mainly at contemporary and WL... but i think that can happen anywhere.

ReninDetroit said:
My horrible experiences at Disney tend to happen off Disney property, at the ORLANDO AIRPORT. :crazy: I hate, hate HATE that airport. It is so poorly designed. I get aggravated every time I have to go through, from outdated security procedures (schlep your own bags to x-ray, etc) to lack of restaurants and lack of seating, to grumpy ground crew, and it is always SO HOT in there.

ReninDetroit -

I'm in the Detroit area too and it is only fair to rip on how bad the Oralndo Airport is now compared to the new Detroit airport. The old Detroit Metro terminal was the worst airport in America and virtually any large airport in America was a huge improvement over that old terminal.

As for my worst experience in Disney, the worst I can think of is ride stoppage - on our most recent trip (only a month ago), HM and the Pooh Ride stopped, sometimes for very lengthy periods, every single time we rode them. But, if that is the worst I have to complain about, then things aren't so bad.

after a disasterous first day at CBR (fridge not working, phone cord pulled out of the wall, TV not working, etc), we finally had Disney change our hotel. Rather than wait for Disney to take us over to the CSR (they were going to give us comp trip), I decided to get the h*ll out of there, and ordered a taxi.

Upon paying for this $12 trip, I pulled out my credit card.......I should have known by the look on the drivers face that was not what he was used to seeing. Needless to say, he proceeded to charge my credit card for $1200, and could not get it credited. His office was no help as I overhead the girl say 'what do you want me to do about it, YOUR in the car not me'.

Luckily I had a back-up card, cuz that one was close to max since we paid the hotel, airfare, etc with it. I didn't get the credit back from the taxi company until after I got home.

Couple of minor experience. I was carrying my sleeping son, headed back to the hotel, and got to the exit turnstyle. The cm would not let me exit there (these were being unused at the time, wasn't an entrance, and made me walk 100 feet down to one that was opened.
Then, few years later, walking with him, and holding his hand, I looked one way, and he walked smack into a light pole and bumped his head (I still feel guilty about that 15 years later.)
But the best, or worst, which didn't happen to us personnaly, was watching some guy go balistic because he thought someone cut in front of him for the merry go round. Apparently, as there are breaks in line, this man though he was at the end of the line, but wasn't. Wasn't so much that they guy who he cut in front of was mad, the language was the type that "would make a sailor blush." He's calling him all sorts of 4, 6, and 12 letter names, and variations of these. In front of children. A lot of children. Likely even his. He even wanted to fight the guy right there. We kept moving so I don't know how is was resovled. They guy who cut just walked away with the guy still hollering. I hope his wife gave him hell. He looked like the type who may have overdone the steriods. And, hate to say it, the accent was real New York/New Jersey.

I had a bad experience in the cab ride to the POLY from the airport.
A big Palmetto Bug crawled on my leg in the back seat of the cab, of course I screamed the whole way to the hotel :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

My worst Disney experience - actually happened off site - we took a day trip to visit Universal and IofA. At IofA we rode Jurassic Park River Adventure... and you know that big drop right as the TRex is about to eat your head for dinner.... the boat dropped and some how from it - I face planted the handle bar in front of us - bloodying my nose and giving me a splitting headache. Pretty much ruined the rest of the day...
Imagine the Crew guy's face when I get off the ride bleeding from the head.. :eek:

Worst was due to my own clumsiness...at CBR, Christmas, a couple of years ago, I went over my ankle on a sidewalk and fell into a bunch of poinsettias (well at least it was colorful!) - results were two bloody knees and one slightly sprained ankle. (Besides the loss of life of a number of poinsettias - ha!). Anyway, cleaned up and limping slightly... this was the day we were going to tour the monorail resorts and view the Christmas decorations. So after disembarking at GF, we were walking down a grand staircase to the ground floor level, when my week sprained ankle flipped and I fell down the last couple of stairs ... mortification!! At least I didn't get any more banged up than I already was! :banana:

My best and worst was an experience at EPCOT in 2001. My DH and I were taking a trip before my son was born and we were just getting off Journey into Imagination when I realized that I left my souvenir bag on the ride. I didn't get more than 15 feet away from the ride when a CM approached me , wide-eyed and shocked, stating "The people behind sitting behind you stole your bag!" He was more surprised than I was!! Anyway, the CM was so nice he helped me replace the couple of small souvenirs that were in my bag (a shirt and mug from Norway).

I was overwhelmed with how helpful everyone was...at the end of the day it was really my fault.

On that same vacation my DH accidentally left our camera in the cab, but the driver brought it to our resort shortly after. Someone was watching out for us on that vacation!!

My worst experience was in the gift shop in the Contemporary. A couple was there with a baby ( probably 1 year old) who seemed to have touched something in the store that caused a severe reaction. The baby was red, swelling and looked to have difficulty breathing. This was the first time a reaction ocured in this baby like this. The couple approached the register and requested help ( ie and ambulance, doctor security --- whatever..in order to get the baby medical attention) The cash register girl didn't have a clue how to get any of those people to her store and she was ostensibly in charge. She just suggeested they go to a hospital... so they asked her to call a cab, which she couldn't/didn't know how to do.
The parents were freaking out and the baby didn't look so good, so my mom approached them and told them to bring the baby downstairs to the main desk and get security there to take them to the hospital or medical center.
It really made me think about the safety of my baby down there in such a large resort. I have visited twice since but have always rented a car precisely because of what this family went through

some hateful mom back in the line yells out "oh my God there are children waiting......please!!!!".
This gives me so much anxiety about waiting in character lines. If someone said that to/about me, I would have felt like crying, like I was doing someting so terrible. I'm usually a bold person, this scenario would just make me weak enough to spoil the magic for me. Too sensitive, I guess. I know I'm going to obsess over this now, and hope it doesn't happen to me.

The man pushing his DW in a wheelchair pushing their baby in the stroller like a train is a really funny image!

Imagine the Crew guy's face when I get off the ride bleeding from the head..
This is hilarious! :rotfl2: I'm sorry you got hurt, but to think you looked like the dinosaur got you is so funny!

The worst thing to happen on one of my trips was when my mom freaked out during Honey I Shrunk The Audience. When the mice started "crawling" around her feet, she totally lost it, screaming, crying, lifting her legs so high up that she hit the head of the person sitting in front of her with her feet. I kept shouting "it's not real!!!" (sorry if I spoiled it for anyone that day, but I had to try to calm her down.) It only lasted maybe a minute of hysterics, and I grabbed her and dragged her to the exit door, where a kind CM let us out and directed us to the nearest bathroom, where my mom remained for a LONG time. It really shook her up!

I had an embarrassing thing happen to me when I was about 5 months pregnant with our 3rd child. We were in line for the Snow White ride and I started to feel funny. I had a buzz in my ear and started to get dizzy. Well we were in line awhile, and we were just about to get on and I thought if I can just make it on the ride I'll be O.K. (we had been in line a while and I wasn't about to leave the line!). Next thing I know I can't hear anything and have tunnel vision. Instead of grabbing my husband, I fell onto the young CM and said "I need help". I don't know who was more scared, my kids or the guy working the line :scared1: . Luckily he caught me, and my husband carried me to a nearby bench. This was my 3rd pregnancy, so I was looking very pregnant. Next thing I remember was 5 staff members with a stretcher and a wheelchair around me and everyone walking past was looking :eek: . My two kids were scared and embarrassed, and I just wanted to sneak away quietly. When asked if I wanted the wheelchair I said no thanks and they had us fill out a report--luckily they had taken away the stretcher by this time.

Turns out I had low blood sugar and just needed to eat. It was also very hot. Everything was fine, and I saw two other pregnant women in wheelchairs that day. Later, I wished I had taken their offer of a wheelchair, but I was too embarrassed at the time to think straight! :blush:

Kitka said:

OMG, I wish that would happen to me...that is the part that I always start getting sleepy and want a nap!!!

trulygoofy said:
I had an embarrassing thing happen to me when I was about 5 months pregnant with our 3rd child. We were in line for the Snow White ride and I started to feel funny. I had a buzz in my ear and started to get dizzy. Well we were in line awhile, and we were just about to get on and I thought if I can just make it on the ride I'll be O.K. (we had been in line a while and I wasn't about to leave the line!). Next thing I know I can't hear anything and have tunnel vision. Instead of grabbing my husband, I fell onto the young CM and said "I need help". I don't know who was more scared, my kids or the guy working the line :scared1: . Luckily he caught me, and my husband carried me to a nearby bench. This was my 3rd pregnancy, so I was looking very pregnant. Next thing I remember was 5 staff members with a stretcher and a wheelchair around me and everyone walking past was looking :eek: . My two kids were scared and embarrassed, and I just wanted to sneak away quietly. When asked if I wanted the wheelchair I said no thanks and they had us fill out a report--luckily they had taken away the stretcher by this time.

Turns out I had low blood sugar and just needed to eat. It was also very hot. Everything was fine, and I saw two other pregnant women in wheelchairs that day. Later, I wished I had taken their offer of a wheelchair, but I was too embarrassed at the time to think straight! :blush:

I was a few weeks pregnant with my DD when I was in WDW and I started to feel funny I went to a CS place and got a lemonade. Felt much better after the sugar and liquid. Made sure I didn't get dehydrated again.

I had a problem with a flight on a previous trip to Disney. I was booked on a flight by Disney and told it was non-stop. It turned out to be a layover in Pittsburg. When I asked to change to a non-stop there was none. I was given two hunderd Disney dollars. It seems the Disney people really care!!!!!!!!
:cool1:

My worst experience was due to my own clumsiness. I'm not usually a spontaneous person when it comes to playing with my kids. Since we were on vacation, I thought ... what the heck??? So, as we walked from the K. Safari in AK along the P. Forest Trail, I urged a race when the trail split. My 6 yr. dd jogged up one little trail while my husband and our younger dd went along the main trail. (Don't worry ... there was no one else along there so we weren't bothering any other guests.) We were just coming down the trail where the two trails re-joing when I stepped just on the edge of the asphalt. Having the weakest ankles in the world, of course my ankle rolled and I went flying. Ended up w/ a sprained ankle and two pretty scraped up knees. Luckily, my husbands sister was with us and she took the girls ahead to see the mole rats while I sat on a bench and tried to clean up. Thankfully, I was carrying a little kit.

On the plus side ..... several folks stopped as they went by & offered band-aids or wipes or disinfectant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter