Worst Dining Experience?

thebookworm218

Earning My Ears
Attempting to try and sort out ADRs with my mother for our Dad's surprise trip in September, but we are going back and forth on where to go. Anywhere we SHOULDN'T go, or you wouldn't go back to? :confused3

Fortunately, we have not had bad experiences to the point we wouldn't return anywhere on Disney property. There are definitely places we won't go back to simply based on the menu, not necessarily a poor experience. I'd be happy to give you some suggestions of great restaurants if you want!

Fortunately, we have not had bad experiences to the point we wouldn't return anywhere on Disney property. There are definitely places we won't go back to simply based on the menu, not necessarily a poor experience. I'd be happy to give you some suggestions of great restaurants if you want!

Sure! Sounds great! :thumbsup2

I will listen to all experiences, good or bad! :rotfl2:

Some of our favorites:

Ohana - Breakfast (character), and Dinner
1900 Park Fare - especially great for the little "princesses" :)
Hollywood & Vine - Breakfast (character), or Lunch
Crystal Palace - Lunch (Character)
San Angel in Mexico Pavillion
Via Napoli (great for lunch!!)
Le Cellier (takes 2 dining credits per person)
Liberty Tree Tavern (all you can eat family style)
Cape May Cafe - Breakfast (character)
Kona Cafe

I'll let you know if I think of any others!!

we finally gave up on Chef Mickeys for any meal four years ago and Mama Melrose was a bad dining night. favorites are Kona's Grill- O Hana's dinner-Captains Grill-Yachts club/Fultons crab House in DTD--Rain Forest in DTD---Cape May any meal-Tusker House breakfast and dinner is great-Crystal Palace-Liberty Tree Tavern--50's prime Time Diner-LeCelleir- Germany- we will be taking our 64th trip in late October so we have ate all over and some more favorites.and we like character breakfast. we will never grow up

Last trip akershus was horrible! Way too packed we couldn't barely exit because of the amount of people! They sat up at a table that rained on us, they took 45 mins to fix a billing issue. It was not a good time! I loved Marrakesh very good food, very fun!

I don't want to return to Ohana, I didn't care for it (not bad, just wasn't really my thing). DH liked it, but said it's not a "must do" for him. Both of us agree we won't go back to Tony's or Sci Fi. I liked SF as a one time visit, but have no need to return. DH hated it. Other than that we've been pretty pleased.

Favorites include: Whispering Canyon, California Grill, Le Cellier, and the buffet at Fort Wilderness... can't remember the name! :headache: The only counter service I would never skip is Flame Tree BBQ... so good!

'Ohana is the worst restaurant at Disney in my opinion. We went last year to give it a try. First I found a piece of plastic in my salad after I had already eaten some it it gross. The napkin they gave me was dirty before I even began eating. The servers where rude. And I do not eat pork and simply requested them not to serve it together i.e. bring the skewers touching and they could not even do that.

Some of the best ones.

*Coral Reef
*Akershus
*Garden Grill (Best Character interaction)
*Kouzzina (Awesome food)
*50's Prime Time
*Dine with the Imagineer at Brown Derby
*Tokyo Dining (simple but good)
*Tony's (biased because they made mine and my husband's anniversary so special)
*Artist Point (Buffalo was delicious)
*Crystal Palace (breakfast)
*Via Napoli
*Liberty Tree (if you like Thanksgiving food for dinner)
*California Grill
*Kona Cafe (Breakfast have not tried there dinner, macadamia pineapple pancakes and Tonga toast delicious)
*Le Cellier

The only other bad restaurants I have ate at but nothing as bad as 'Ohana was Planet Hollywood super loud techno music was playing. I mean so loud there was slight vibrations.

And San Angel Inn had delicious food but the server could not understand we wanted two chicken moles and two desserts instead brought out one of everything but after a talk with the manger super nice was only charged one table service credit because only had one entree and then he brought us out another dessert so I will give them another try in the future. The other two I would not however.

So you can see the good restaurants out weigh the bad.

The only restaurant we won't return to is Tony's. We ate there twice, 10 years apart, and it was not good either time.

We had a mediocre at best meal there about 12 years ago (and terrible service too).

We tried it again 2 years ago. The service was fine but the food was awful. I had chicken parrm that was so tough it was like they cooked one of those rubber chickens you get in a joke shop. Completely tasteless too.

My will not return list is pretty short...
Chef Mickey's
ABC Commisary
Hollywood & Vine

Some of my favorites...
Sanaa
Chefs de France
Garden Grill
Cape May breakfast
Tusker House breakfast
Flying Fish Cafe
The Plaza Restaurant

The only meals we have not loved were our TS meals at DHS. We have eaten at 50s PT, and H&V. Not the worst food ever, but...meh!

We also ate at Mama Melrose, but that was back in 2000, and we were still in college....I remember it being good, but I also remember eating a lot of questionable stuff in college. :rotfl2:

We are trying Sci Fi on our upcoming trip and if we don't like it, it's going to be 3 strikes and you're out for eating at DHS.

I would not return to Chef Mickey's (unless I had small children.) The food was terrible and it is very expensive (for what you get.)

I also wouldn't go to Tony's EVER again. From the time our waitress took our order until the food was served was about 4 minutes. THe food is clearly sitting under heat lamps all day.

My favorites...
Prime Time
Teppan Edo

Our never agains were Tony's (tasteless, cold and bad service), Hollywood and Vine dinner (tables never cleared, food allowed to get hard and crusty on buffet at 6PM), and Chef Mickeys (until we have grandkids :rotfl:), our girls are teens now and our last visit was over priced and food was nor good, coupled with general messiness (tables not being cleaned, food on floor everywhere) and I remember unaccompanied children at the buffet using their hands!

The DIS has a wonderful feature that you can browse through lots of restaurant reviews. This may help you in trying to decide. Don't forget to add your's once you get back.

The restaurants I would NEVER visit again are:

Tony's - Horrendous food. just awful taste and quality. Gross actually.

Chef Mickey's - Not as bad as Tony's, but just not that great either. Poor quality of food, selection wasnt great either (breakfast).

I noticed a lot of lack of love for Tonys here :rotfl2:

I asked my mom what she thought and she said it was just okay, not a favorite but if we need to go back for a ADR, thats fine.

We've been lucky to have had good to great experiences everywhere we have tried. One thing though, we have stopped eating at TS places at MK. Everything just seems crowded and for the most part just okay. We prefer eating at one of the monorail hotels either on our way in or out and then just QS while in the park. But no experience has been bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter