Worst change in the last 10 years...What do you miss most

Oh I also miss (although I barely got to explore it) Main Street when it was not a giant souvenir shop. My first trip there as a 14 year old, I remember spending an hour in the arcade playing with the penny machines and just exploring main street. I loved the feel of it....it has no heart anymore.

Tapestry of Nations - loved that music! Find myself humming it all the time.
The Christmas lights at Epcot - those gave me goosebumps they were so gorgeous!
Homogenization of merchandise - I want resort specific mugs and clothing brought back!

Personally, I miss Jeremy Irons. I am a fan of Dame Judy, but I prefer Jeremy.

On a very personal note, I miss my french toast loaf. It is a very minor thing but I still looked forward to it every visit.

Tarzan Rocks. Loved the show, the actors were cutie pie's, it was original and different. Loved the X games elements of skating, boarding, etc.

oh, posted before but I forgot my biggest "miss". ALFREDO'S I loved that place.

I miss the old commentary on TTA.

Though it may sound extreme, I cried when they made the recent changes to TTA, I refuse to go on it now. That ride held so many memories for my dad and I. We always had our father daughter weekend and ride TTA multiple times, we knew the whole script. But now, it lost it's spark. Disney did what it does to everything else, standardizes it. Nothing has individuality or any sign of uniqueness. I hate it. I sometimes wonder what goes on in those board meetings when they decide to make changes to rides. :confused3

Though it may sound extreme, I cried when they made the recent changes to TTA, I refuse to go on it now. That ride held so many memories for my dad and I. We always had our father daughter weekend and ride TTA multiple times, we knew the whole script. But now, it lost it's spark. Disney did what it does to everything else, standardizes it. Nothing has individuality or any sign of uniqueness. I hate it. I sometimes wonder what goes on in those board meetings when they decide to make changes to rides. :confused3
Doesn't sound extreme at all. These are emotive things for many people, so it's totally understandable. I too can't imagine what Disney is thinking when it makes these changes. What's next, getting rid of the cheesy schtick on Jungle Cruise?!!!

Ringnes beer
Akershus before the Princesses
River Country
Tapestry of Nations
The quality of the food (hate the dining plan and "free dining")
Cranium Command
Adventurers Club
Comedy Club
Spoodles - though Kouzzina is good
Hunchback Show

Hi Jackie!! :wave2:
from one Bel Air resident to another!! So cool to see someone else from Bel Air here on the Dis!!

Now for my list:
I am surprised that there are not more things listed from the old MGM Studios
that said:
MGM Studios:
the old backlot tour where you saw the working soundstage, the wardrobe dept, and the tour where you saw the Golden Girls house... sigh...
the old animation tour
Four for a Dollar at BtBlos
Hunchback of Notre Dame stage show
Stars and Motocars parade
Who wants to be a Millionaire?

Epcot:
horizons
World of Motion
The original Figment
Kitchen Kaberet
Food Rocks
Wonders of Life pavillion
Lights of Winter
the original 'Illuminations' with more lazer lights and less pics on the globe
the original Living with the Seas

AK:
Tarzan Rocks! (Tarzan was one buff dude! lol)

Magic Kingdom:
20,000 Leagues under the sea
Mr. Toad's wild ride
The Skyway
Ariel's Grotto
Toon Town (I know it's not gone yet, but I won't get to see it again :guilty:)

Outside of the parks:
being able to ride in the front of the monorail
Concourse Steakhouse in the Contemporary
Resort specific merchandise

Soft, yummy white-bread hamburger and hot dog buns. I don't even buy burgers and hots anymore because I can't stand the stale crappy rolls they have now.

Other than that, 20,000 Leagues, River Country and a wider variety of merchandise. It seems like now, everything is the same in every shop until you get to the World Showcase. :(

Lights of Winter
Pleasure Island (nightlife)
Year of a Million Dreams
Walter Cronkite narrating Spaceship Earth

Horizons
Adventurers Club
Making of Me Movie (Martin Short was awesome!)
Tapestry of Nations Parade

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter