Worst attraction/ride?

Yep, sorry but I have to agree with It's A Small World. In our house, we sing it when we want to annoy someone! My eldest bro who lives in LA comes over to see us in UK once sometimes twice a yr and he can sing it in all the different languages... SO ANNOYING! It was great the first time he spent any quality time with my son when my son was a baby coz he just sang that and my son went to sleep.. NEVER FAILED! But that is the only good thing going for it! Would be better if it went into a big black cave and had that music playing then all the babies and toddlers would fall asleep and give their parents a rest for a bit! Heeheehee! :)

LOL! This^^^

But I also got thinking about a bunch of the rides we've never bothered with. There's several of them that just go round and round and I don't see the point. Yes, we did Dumbo once, just because you have to! But Triceratops Spin, Alladin's Carpets, Astro Orbiter, and yes, Dumbo. Unless I've missed something major, I don't see the point.

LOL, that's funny because Aladdin, Astro Orbiter, and Dumbo are three of our must-dos. My dd loves these and she's 15!

OTOH, we tend to only do the Disney "thrill" rides when the lines are short or we have FPs. Splash Mountain and TOT we will wait for (the theming is awesome), but the others are optional. We live the next town over from Six Flags so we have plenty of access to real roller coasters.

Different strokes!

Mine used to be Stitch's Great Escape, but now it is the Jack Sparrow attraction in HS.

Wow. This thread definitely proved that there just is no accounting for taste. Dumbo on the list of the worst attractions? Mission: Space? Flights of Wonder? **.

I personally love the Country Bears, and it's funny... on our first WDW trip, when my oldest kids were 5 and 7, they liked it and I hate hate HATED it. Refused to go near it the next time we went to WDW.

Went back years when those same kids were 11 and 13, and discovered that I now love the show. Go figure.

My vote, for the actual purpose of this thread, is the classic Tiki Room. I was one of the weirdos who liked the new management version, but was excited to see the classic show return (I'd never seen it on the original run). Ugh. Booooooooorrring. Our two year old enjoyed the birds, but everyone else felt like it was a waste of time. Give me a chili dog burp in the face any time.

Captain EO was exciting in 1985. Worst attraction in WDW now. Figment ride is close 2nd. Really the only thing worthwhile at Imagination pavilion is the fountains. We wouldn't miss Ellen's Universe of Energy either.

Captain EO was exciting in 1985. Worst attraction in WDW now. Figment ride is close 2nd. Really the only thing worthwhile at Imagination pavilion is the fountains. We wouldn't miss Ellen's Universe of Energy either.

No way. Captain EO is the most amazing thing to come back. It will forever be in the world of nerdy YES YES YES.:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

I gave my input on my worst attractions earlier in this thread, and after reading all the subsequent posts, I came to the realization that if Disney were to take every one of the rides, shows, and attractions listed here as "the worst" (including the one's I cited), and put them in a park within a hundred miles of my house, I'd buy an annual pass to enjoy it as often as I could! :confused3

Instead, I'm "lucky" enough to have a second-rate six flags park nearby, and visiting that place reminds me how much I've enjoyed Journey Into Lack of Imagination, the Indy Speedway, Stitch, CoP, Pirates with JD, and all the rest! :lmao: My bottom line, even Disney's crappiest rides still beat the competition.

Go figure! :rolleyes2

::cry:: I love Ellen (parts of the ride are dull - but we go just to listen to her - she's a riot) but I wish it stayed open later. A 45 sitdown ride would be wonderful after dinner and before illuminations :)

If I had to pick just one - it would have to be IASW - sorry but as it says under my screen name, those dolls just creep me out!

DW would say Indy Speedway. I would probably vote for the TTA.

The piggy bank game at Innoventions West.

Anyone who can afford to go to WDW has obviously learned to save some money.

Worst waste of time ever.

What is your least favorite attraction at DW? I have a few I don't love, but I just discovered one I hate. I just got back from ten days there and saw Country Bear Jamboree for the first time. I couldn't believe how bad it was. Obviously, it's supposed to be comically bad. But it wasn't funny. It was just awful. The jokes and music grated my ears and nerves. Eight minutes of my life taken from me. What is your least favorite attraction?

I can't agree with you more. Totally disliked Country Bear Jamboree!

I gave my input on my worst attractions earlier in this thread, and after reading all the subsequent posts, I came to the realization that if Disney were to take every one of the rides, shows, and attractions listed here as "the worst" (including the one's I cited), and put them in a park within a hundred miles of my house, I'd buy an annual pass to enjoy it as often as I could! :confused3

Instead, I'm "lucky" enough to have a second-rate six flags park nearby, and visiting that place reminds me how much I've enjoyed Journey Into Lack of Imagination, the Indy Speedway, Stitch, CoP, Pirates with JD, and all the rest! :lmao: My bottom line, even Disney's crappiest rides still beat the competition.

Go figure! :rolleyes2

I 100% agree with this. I should say I'm lucky cause I'm in the middle of madness haha I've got Hershey, Knobles, Idewild, a few little parks, and kennywood all within 2-4 hours of me and the little ones right in my town and one a few towns over. I went to the little ones this summer after staying away and man I felt like I was gonna die on each ride. People talk about Disney rides always being closed but if they weren't always being kept up they'd end up like Fair rides where you feel like you're gonna die haha

Definitely all the worse rides at Disney are way better than any ride at other parks.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Ellen's Energy Adventure is our least fav; what a waste of space and ENERGY!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Stitch! That Drew Carey sound show was boring (I fell asleep). Love Ellen, but not the Energy show.

The Great Movie Ride. Even more outdated than Ellen's 1990s Energy Adventure (which is much more fun). Most pointless, awful ride I've ever ridden.

I would have to say, in no specific order:

Ellen's Energy Adventure (unless I want a nap)
The Great Movie Ride (could be cool if they ever updated it!)
Stitches Great Escape
Mission Space

Ill ride them, sans Stitch and MS, if it's raining or I wanna relax. As for the Stitch and MS, I just have no desire to ride them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter