worse day ever, stressed out

louisaho

DIS Veteran
yesterday was the worse day ever...
we just recieved the invitation we ordered it, it took us 3 weeks to recieve it. our wedding is on 23dec, all my guests are asking me about when are they going to recieve it.
i was very happy when my mom called me let me know our package arrived finally, but when i went back home....
my father in law's name was spelled wrong...
and the card is not what we wanted , we want the carrosell, not the cinderella one...
i am so upset, and crying all night.
no one knows that planning a disney wedding oversea is very very stressfull...
all my guests came from hk... i can understand that they want to recieve the invitation ASAP in order to apply for a visa...
yesterday, i was blaming my bf since he is the one who made the order... and HE told me he double checked it...
exhausted...
we have to spend the 400$ again to order the invitation, while we are already lack of money for the wedding...
i want to prospone my wedding... but what will they say... they already got their ticket...
and i am sure my mother in law will say that : i know you guys won't be able to make it... she never believe us...
i don't want that to happen, i want to show her that we can do it...

my mother in law is not helping us at all, not even a penny...
she never discussed our wedding...

sorry...
i am mad, exhausted, sad....
hope that you can understand
if moderator thinks that this is too much, you are welcome to delete this post....

I'm so sorry that you had such a bad day. take a few deep breaths. Everything will work out. Here's a great big hug, I hope it helps.

:grouphug:

I think you need to pause and take a deep breath. Read back over your e-mail - it's the worst day ever because your father-in-law's name was spelled wrong on your wedding invitations, and you got the wrong design? In the grand scheme of things, these are very, very minor. I know that planning a wedding seems to intensify things, so that every little mistake is a catastrophe, but if you can take a step back, you'll realize that's not so.
I can see one major advantage to your situation, which is that your fiance ordered the invitations, not you. So your in-laws have no one to blame but their own son - I know that some in-laws would have held you responsible, even if it was a printer's mistake, had you been the one to proof the order.
I can remember breaking down and crying because the dove releases were cancelled 3 weeks before our wedding. Now, I think back and realize how silly that was - our day was so perfect, that even having the doves wouldn't have added one iota more of happiness than we were already filled with.
When I was planning, I thought that it mattered where we got married, and whether everyone had complete itineraries ahead of time, and whether the videographer was right, and whether we'd chosen the right venue for our reception. But on our wedding day, when those pavilion doors opened, all I could see or hear was my beautiful husband. We could have been married next to a dumpster, with a high school marching band passing by, and I wouldn't have noticed. All that mattered was that it was me and my Andy, together, forever.
Just try to relax, and keep things in perspective as best you can.
Cheers!
Heather W

Heather
thank you so much for your help
yes, it is wrong design
and i do agree with you that every little mistake is catsastrophe
i agree on everything you said
because it is not JUST a wedding that i am planning. i have to plan for all our guest's itinerary. i booked their flight, their hotel... since they cannot speak english
i just want my wedding to be 99% perfect
and most of the time, when you care something SO much, you tend to make mistake... this is what happened
but thank you so much for your words, it helps
thank you

Originally posted by hmp2z
I think you need to pause and take a deep breath. Read back over your e-mail - it's the worst day ever because your father-in-law's name was spelled wrong on your wedding invitations, and you got the wrong design? In the grand scheme of things, these are very, very minor. I know that planning a wedding seems to intensify things, so that every little mistake is a catastrophe, but if you can take a step back, you'll realize that's not so.
I can see one major advantage to your situation, which is that your fiance ordered the invitations, not you. So your in-laws have no one to blame but their own son - I know that some in-laws would have held you responsible, even if it was a printer's mistake, had you been the one to proof the order.
I can remember breaking down and crying because the dove releases were cancelled 3 weeks before our wedding. Now, I think back and realize how silly that was - our day was so perfect, that even having the doves wouldn't have added one iota more of happiness than we were already filled with.
When I was planning, I thought that it mattered where we got married, and whether everyone had complete itineraries ahead of time, and whether the videographer was right, and whether we'd chosen the right venue for our reception. But on our wedding day, when those pavilion doors opened, all I could see or hear was my beautiful husband. We could have been married next to a dumpster, with a high school marching band passing by, and I wouldn't have noticed. All that mattered was that it was me and my Andy, together, forever.
Just try to relax, and keep things in perspective as best you can.
Cheers!
Heather W

an update"
i just recieved an email from the invitation company, they said that it is their mistake, they put the wrong number on their printer, that's why it is cinderella design instead of the carousel
and she will reprint it for free

Heather,
it is such a little mistake, and yet i took it too seriously
and i cried yesterday the whole night , and telling my bf that i want to prospone it..... i was so stupid

Louisa - I'm glad to hear they are going to repint the invitations for free! That's a huge stress reliever.

As hard as it is, you have to keep the wedding in perspective. Making is perfect for your guests is a goal, but remember a Disney wedding will be very different from any wedding they have ever attended before, and expectations really, go out the window. As long as you and your FH are having a good time, your guests will too. If something goes wrong, let it roll off your back. Some things (like the invitiatons) will be fixable, other things won't be. Don't let it ruin your day. Either way when your wedding day is over, you'll be married to your prince!

-Helenprincess:

Just hang in there, I know how easy it is to melt down w/ all the wedding stress, but no matter what it will be wonderful. If things aren't exactly the way you wanted them the only one who will know is you. The guests will never notice. Relax, it will all be ok.

thanks a lot
it is so nice here
i just hope that the worse day will only be in the beginning

louisa

So glad that this got sorted - poor you - and you do have soooo much to organise not just the wedding.

Now please try and remember to talk things out here as soon as you need to if stress comes your way again. But remember that you need to take care of yourself during this mad planning phase so make sure, if poss, you can have some "louisa-days" where you go for a pamper session or just watch chick-flicks or something like that. This really helped me to keep it together - i was also planning my brother and his family's first vacation as well as the wedding so even if a little more small scale to your I do understand what you are going through.

THANKS A LOT SAM
so nice
i have an update:
as i mentioned above that i have recieved an email from the company, and it is indeed their mistake, not ours, i thought it is ours.
and the company agrees to reprint it at no cost.
but i want to change the color of the printing, instead of silver, i want it to be pink, after changing my wedding theme to pink.
but then somehow, the company says that in that case, we will have to pay again since this will be reorder...

Originally posted by Fantasia Sam
louisa

So glad that this got sorted - poor you - and you do have soooo much to organise not just the wedding.

Now please try and remember to talk things out here as soon as you need to if stress comes your way again. But remember that you need to take care of yourself during this mad planning phase so make sure, if poss, you can have some "louisa-days" where you go for a pamper session or just watch chick-flicks or something like that. This really helped me to keep it together - i was also planning my brother and his family's first vacation as well as the wedding so even if a little more small scale to your I do understand what you are going through.

Louisa - perhaps you can negotiate with them so that instead of paying the cost of a full reorder, you only have to pay the cost of the changed ink color? Since they owe you a reprint for sending you the wrong invites anyway, and technically changing the ink color would mean you are changing the order, I think that would be a fair compromise.

i think this is what we have to do... since our budget is limited
thank you so much for your kind words

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter