Worried about the crowds

DisneyPeanut

Mouseketeer
Have the crowds been much larger than the crowd predictor has estimated?
Planning to go next week when the crowd predictor says Tuesday-Thursday is supposed to be a "ghost town". How accurate is this now that it's the 60th celebration??

At this point, no one really knows. The 60th has seemed to increase crowds over past years, but how it'll affect a specific day is unknown.

I don't think DL is ever a ghost town anymore! Halloweetime has become super popular and with the 60th on top of it it won't be empty. I will be lighter than a Friday or weekday, but don't go in expecting it to be quiet! we went recently on a Friday - Monday and I felt like Monday was busier than the other three days!!!

I've been on Christmas Eve and July 5th and those were predicted to be crazy days and I didn't feel either were. But I think different people have different levels of crowd comfort. We haven't been yet this year (going next month).

I'm going Tuesday-Friday next week as well and am preparing myself for high crowds just in case! With a Halloween Party on Wednesday and Gay Days weekend starting on Friday I'm thinking there might be a fair amount of people in the park all week.

Fingers crossed the "ghost town" prediction for mid-week holds true though!

Thing is, all these 'crowd predictors' are based on HISTORICAL crowd data and the 60th plus the new parade/fireworks/WOC have thrown a HUGE monkey wrench into the works. I think it's still safe to say that mid-week will be less crowded than weekends, but exactly what that means is open to personal interpretation. It's also the start of Halloween season which means more guests.

Just remember my philosophy; "A crowded day at Disneyland is still better than….just about anything!".

I didn't know there was a Halloween party on Wednesday. Where do you find such info? Does the park close early?

If you go to the DL website and click on the info about the Halloween Party you can see the dates!

And yes, DL will close at 6pm on a Wednesday night party day.

I didn't know there was a Halloween party on Wednesday. Where do you find such info? Does the park close early?

You can see all the Halloween Party dates here - https://disneyland.disney.go.com/events/mickeys-halloween-party/purchase/

Disneyland will close at 6pm to all non-party guests. You will have to hop over to California Adventure (IF you have a park hopper ticket) at that time. Or if you want to remain in DL for the party, purchase tickets to that.

Have a great trip! :)

Glad I asked! I had no idea there was a party this early before Halloween. Looks like Monday is out too. Dang!

We are going next week as well, and are a bit concerned about the crowds. When we arrive on Monday, we are going to do MHP that afternoon/evening, then we have 5-day park hoppers for Tue-Sat, and departing on Sat. Hoping that Tue-Thur the parks won't be too bad, but fully expect Fri-Sat to be crowded w/ Gay Days and general weekend traffic (APs/HalloweenTime/60th Anniversary). Most hotels seem "sold out", including not only the DLR hotels, but most along Harbor Blvd. I think though that if go in with the mindset that it is going to be crowded, and have a bit of extra patience, it will make the trip and time in the park more enjoyable. And if the crowds are truly as the 'crowd predictors' predict with low crowds Tue-Thur, then all the better!

Thank you! But no I don't plan to attend. I want avoid the crowds.

The reality is you will face crowds however there are choices to be made that could make it easier on you. I highly recommend going early that day, make use of FP often and have the expectation that things might be busy. As you will need to leave DL once it closes for the MNSHP DCA will become much busier.

It might he good to make a priority list for DL that day so you have time to head over to DCA unrushed ahead of the crowds. Aladdin has a late showing of 620pm usually which is a good 45 minutes refresh.

Just be prepared buy try not to feel intimidated. I assure you hundreds of people are concerned too but you have the DIS boards on your side.

Just be prepared buy try not to feel intimidated. I assure you hundreds of people are concerned too but you have the DIS boards on your side.

I think this is really good advice. At the end of the day you have no control over who else is going to go along to the parks same day as you. You might be lucky or you might not. Regardless, always go early and make the most of the quieter times during the day. When it gets chaotic, take some deep breaths and try not to get stressed, it isn't going to change anything and you are not going to enjoy the parks as much.

Good luck, we are there for a week from next Friday, expecting it to be busier than the last 2 years when we have visited at the same time.

We get to the parks tomorrow. I am hoping that we get a couple of quieter days, we will be traveling with 8 kids and 9 adults so fingers crossed ;) so far our Halloween party isn't sold out, and it was the only one to not sell out last year. With any luck that means it won't be as busy, but who knows how many tickets didn't sell last year, could have been 1. Anyways, go with the flow and enjoy your trip.

Thank you! But no I don't plan to attend. I want avoid the crowds.

We are attending a party to avoid the crowds. Some say the lines for rides are lower since the crowd is limited and the other activities. We haven't been there yet, so time will tell.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter