Worried about Spoodles ADR

NIkita

Earning My Ears
I am going to WDW Thanksgiving week with my extended family (party of 13, kids and adults). We have an ADR at Spoodles. I have never eaten there but thought the menu looked good and was pleased that they could seat us all at one table. Based on some reviews I have been reading, I am getting a bit concerned. We already have ADRs at Ohana, Primetime 50s, Chef Mickey's and 1900 Park Faire. I was hoping to eat a nonbuffet meal in the Epcot/Boardwalk area. Any suggestions? Should I stop worrying and just stick with my original reservation? :confused3

Help!
Nikita

Why worry about what other people say about a restaurant? If the menu appeals to you (which you say it does) why not give it a try!

We ate there tonight! I'm still full. It was great as usual.
The menu is changing as of October 1st.
We had two fltabreads, awesome calamari, lamb kebobs as apps, then sausage rigatoni, a special order vegetarian pasta, and pork for dinner. desserts looked amazing, but way too full! Also, love the sangria!
Service was excellent!:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Do you know what changes are being made to the menu in October?

We ate at Spoodles last week and it was great, as usual. We eat there once every trip and have never been disappointed. I haven't been to "Ohana, but of all the other restuarants you listed, I'd say Spoodles is the best of the bunch. If the menu appeals to you, give it a try! Have fun!

We ate there last trip and enjoyed it! Nothing SUPER EXCEPTIONAL...but it was ok! :cool1:

I have read some bad reviews recently--from the menu changes not offering the much loved Portuguese stew to the beef kabobs being tough. I will have at least too picky adult eaters in the group, so they will want to have either something with beef or the pork chop dish. I guess I should just stop worrying and go with the flow, right? :cool2:

Does anyone know what the menu changes will be in October?

Thanks again for your input!
Nikita

Nikita - I see that you don't have many posts on the DIS boards yet. What you will come to find is that for every bad review, there will be another good review. People love Boma, others don't. People rave about the California Grill, I personally don't like it. I love Yachtsman Steakhouse but others prefer somewhere else. I avoided Tappenaki for years because of people's reviews. I finally made a reservation there for a Thanksgiving lunch and it was great!

So don't pay attention to the reviews. And remember that it's human nature to write a bad review but we have to be prodded into defending something with a good review.

Keep your reservation, have fun. And if the food isn't what you want, there's always the pizza take out window and the hot dog cart right outside the restaurant.

We've eaten at Spoodles a couple times. The atmosphere is great, perfect for a large group. It's fun - food was fine. Enjoy!

I think that Spoodles does a consistently good job with serving hot tasty food, cooked to order, and I have never had a bad meal there.. I think the service is good and we always eat at Spoodles when we are at WDW....I think they have a good chef in charge and I know he is conscientious about doing the best job he can.. So please do not worry...they do a good job with their offerings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter