Worried about offsite hotel - Tropicana

RockyMountainElway

Earning My Ears
Hello. I am taking my daughter to Disneyland 10.16-10.21.01 and I booked our rooms at the Tropicana Suites and Inn. I don't know why, I just picked it. Does anyone have any information about it. I am worried now that we will not be safe at night walking from the resort to the hotel. I usually plan so much for trips and this time it was all on a whim, no research involved. I heard this hotel was across the street and I thought good enough.

Did I make the wrong choice? I am not worried about looks and amenities, just safety.

Thanks for any help.

RME

In all honesty I'm not familiar with this property, but I notice Southwest Vacations (from Southwest Airlines) uses it in some of its packages, so it's probably fine. Also, the hotel has shuttle service to the park, so you should not have to walk to and from DL.

Relax, this is a fabulous location. You will almost cross the sidewalk and into the parking lot. I have stayed 3 blocks further down the road, and felt safe walking home alone at midnight. It is a very busy area, and well lighted besides :)

Location is good, most the hotels along that section are all about the same, I wouldn't worry about it.

Thanks to those of you who responded. I feel much better now. We went to WDW twice last year and I want my daughter to see where it all began - DL. I think it is going to be so much fun.

We just returned from Park Inn which is the "sister" hotel to Tropicana and right next door. You will be right near the crosswalk...we were out at 1:00 am and I felt very comfortable with the surroundings.
If you don't have the web site for the hotel here it is:
www.bei-hotels.com
Have a great time. The location is super to be able to walk back & take a rest whenever you want.
Colleen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter