• Controversial Topics on DISboards.com. Several months ago I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in opt-out. Click Here

Worried about e-bay seller.....

MKhead72

Have you ever stopped to think, and forgot to star
I recently won an item on e-bay, received the invoice from the seller on Nov. 25th and in it he said to pay using paypal. He also said as soon as payment was received, he would send shipment. Still to this day, I have not heard another word from him, even though I made payment the same day. I have e-mailed the seller twice just wanting to know the status of my order. Still nothing.:confused3 With other items I have won as soon as payment was made I received like a shipping verification from paypal saying when it was being shipped. With this one, nothing. Starting to get worried and aggravated because it is a hard to find item, and also a Christmas gift. What should I do ?

Well, I'm not sure about Paypal requirements (timelines, etc.), but I think I would email the seller one more time and tell them that you're concerned and why (particularly about the difficult to find part). Then I would mention how many times I've emailed and had no response. I would ask them to contact me withing 24 hours, or I would have to look into filing a dispute through Paypal. It's been over a week. They should have at least contacted you.

I'd start a Paypal payback. That oftens jostles them into action. If nothing else, if he can't prove delivery, you should get your money back.

I recently won an item on e-bay, received the invoice from the seller on Nov. 25th and in it he said to pay using paypal. He also said as soon as payment was received, he would send shipment. Still to this day, I have not heard another word from him, even though I made payment the same day. I have e-mailed the seller twice just wanting to know the status of my order. Still nothing.:confused3 With other items I have won as soon as payment was made I received like a shipping verification from paypal saying when it was being shipped. With this one, nothing. Starting to get worried and aggravated because it is a hard to find item, and also a Christmas gift. What should I do ?

Does anyone know if I contact paypal about the issue do they notify the seller of the problem, or do they just start the refund through their system ?
Because I really would like to get the item, just a little communication would be nice.

I think you've been patient enough! I would start a dispute, https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_complaint-view If the seller's not compliant it can take while to finally get your money back so you should know you will have to go elsewhere if you want this item for Christmas. Before you actually fill out the dispute you can look at your transactions in paypal and if the seller has used paypal to print out their shipping label next to your payment it will say "check shipment", or something similar to that, click on the and it will give you some basic info on the shipment.

Hope this helps! Remember though that you only have something like 30 days to file a chargeback with your credit card.

I think you've been patient enough! I would start a dispute, https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_complaint-view If the seller's not compliant it can take while to finally get your money back so you should know you will have to go elsewhere if you want this item for Christmas. Before you actually fill out the dispute you can look at your transactions in paypal and if the seller has used paypal to print out their shipping label next to your payment it will say "check shipment", or something similar to that, click on the and it will give you some basic info on the shipment.

Hope this helps! Remember though that you only have something like 30 days to file a chargeback with your credit card.

Thank you too figaromeetsmarie....:goodvibes I checked my paypal account and all the other payments for other items have "check shipment" beside them, but guess what........................... this one does not...:mad: They are getting a phone call tomorrow for sure !!!

Other than no communication which sucks. I don't think it has been all that long. You won during Thanksgiving week, they could have been out of town or something. Packages are a bit slower to arrive this time of year.

Thank you too figaromeetsmarie....:goodvibes I checked my paypal account and all the other payments for other items have "check shipment" beside them, but guess what........................... this one does not...:mad: They are getting a phone call tomorrow for sure !!!

I do think additional contact is warranted, specifically since they haven't responded to you at all thus far and you have no idea if your item has actually shipped.

Just something to remember though - if they don't ship through PayPal online a check shipment link won't ever appear - they'll have to send tracking info manually. It doesn't necessarily mean it isn't on its way already (but they still should have responded to your emails!).

I am an eBay seller and I usually ship parcel post in order to save on shipping. My post office tells me that this means sometimes anywhere from 3-10 business days! This is SLOW! I have gotten emails from people asking where their stuff is and sometimes people get impatient with me. But once it goes to the PO, it's out of my hands really. Don't give up hope yet. The PO is very busy like a PP mentioned, plus the seller may have been caught up with other things lately - not everone is on the computer as much as we Disers. Hang in there another few days....It's truly only been 9 business days.

Well I have tried to call the seller a few times today and they did not answer the phone. No voice mail or answering machine either. :confused: I have also sent another e-mail titled " URGENT " , if no response by Monday, guess I will have to contact paypal about the issue.:confused3 ( don't relly like to be a bad guy though ). But somethings gotta give!

Well I have tried to call the seller a few times today and they did not answer the phone. No voice mail or answering machine either. :confused: I have also sent another e-mail titled " URGENT " , if no response by Monday, guess I will have to contact paypal about the issue.:confused3 ( don't relly like to be a bad guy though ). But somethings gotta give!

Did you purchase insurance? and tracking? for item.
If seller can provide evidence that item was shipped
your claim will not go thru. PayPal will investagate both
sides to make sure no one is getting cheated.
I also agree with mail being slower at this time of year.
Also all PO are closed on Thanksgiving Day so all mail will be
delay by at least one extra day.

Believe me, I completely understand about mail being slower this time of year, I am one who gets paycheck in the mail on Friday's until this time of year, sometimes can take until Monday. My two main concerns are ; there has been no communication since they were paid, and how long do you think a package from Az. should take to get to FL. ? Believe me, I don't want to get an honest person in trouble, I just don't know what is long enough to wait ? Anyone care to share how long they would wait ? The item was paid for on Nov. 25th.

Believe me, I completely understand about mail being slower this time of year, I am one who gets paycheck in the mail on Friday's until this time of year, sometimes can take until Monday. My two main concerns are ; there has been no communication since they were paid, and how long do you think a package from Az. should take to get to FL. ? Believe me, I don't want to get an honest person in trouble, I just don't know what is long enough to wait ? Anyone care to share how long they would wait ? The item was paid for on Nov. 25th.

I would be concerned about the lack of communication.

However, they have 7 business days to ship (I think it's business days - maybe it is just calendar days). Say they waited that long, it would have shipped on Friday, the 5th (assuming they waited 7 business days). Even if they shipped before Thanksgiving, depending on the shipping method, I'd say it could take up to 2 weeks.

I shipped 3 boxes on 11/14 (I know because it was my DHs birthday) - they were all large and all went parcel post. They left from St Louis, 2 were going to the Northeast and 1 was going to Arizona. The recipients got them on November 24th and 25th and they were all pretty anxious about when they would arrive since it had been nearly 2 weeks since they'd paid.

I'm not saying you just sit around and wait for 2 weeks - I think it's appropriate to request some sort of confirmation on the status of your order - I just wanted to share my recent experience with shipping items.

IMHO, you've waited long enough. You can't get the seller to respond to you to tell you whether it has shipped or give you any information. You paid Nov. 25th. They should have found time to respond to you by now no matter how busy they are. I think you've been more than patient. How long it may be taking due to holiday mailing is really a secondary issue. The total lack of communication is the main issue - particularly when you have emailed more than once trying to get answers.

Does anyone know if I contact paypal about the issue do they notify the seller of the problem, or do they just start the refund through their system ?
Because I really would like to get the item, just a little communication would be nice.

I just went through this and did get my money back. The seller just would not return emails to me or Paypal, they gave her around 30 days, then did a chargeback. I just checked and my paypal account shows the money...

I just went through this and did get my money back. The seller just would not return emails to me or Paypal, they gave her around 30 days, then did a chargeback. I just checked and my paypal account shows the money...

The seller you had must have not provided proof of shipping or didn't respond in the time they alloted.
I've been on both ends and have been the seller and the buyer.
I filed a non recipt with Paypal and did all I could to get my money
back because I never receive an item. Never did get money or item.
Seller was able to get off on it.
I wish buyers would also have a little patience at this time of the year.
I would give until mid next week before filing anything with PayPal.

If I were you I would check also with your local post office, sometimes
they will have things sitting on the shelf in the back and forget to
deliver. We've had that happen a few times.

O.K. !!!! finally heard from the seller !!.....:yay: They sent me an e-mail and said that they have been out of town, just returned yesterday and apologized for not getting in contact with me. They left the same day I made payment. They said the order would be shipped on Monday the 8th and it would go out priority mail, should receive it by Wed. or Thur., and they were also sending an additional free item for the trouble !!:goodvibes So hopefully they are being honest, and I will keep you all informed !!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter