• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Worried about Chef Mickeys...

Chloesmom

Mother to Princess Chloe
We have an ADR for dinner at CM and I have been hearing alot of bad thing lately. as anyone eaten there recently? We always eat at CP and enjoy it... how does it compare now? My friend wants to eat there because we never have but Im starting to retink it...

We just had dinner at Chef Mickey's last week and we enjoyed it. The food was decent, service was good and the character interraction was good. Our kids really enjoyed it! I've been hearing a lot of mixed (or negative) reviews but was pleased with our overall experience. HTH!

We just ate at CMs this Monday. It was excellent! Our server, Dan, was very attentive and came often to check on our drinks. Our food was delicious, especially the mashed potatoes.

I'm writing a full review on the review board now. You can view it if you want.

We eat at CM first breakfast every trip. Hav never eaten at lunch or dinner, but when we were there in Aug, it was as good as ever. Kids luv the characters !!

I'm not a buffet person and I like the food selection much better at CP. However my DD really enjoyed dinner there, the character interaction was fun and she thought that the make your own sundae area was wonderful. I make all the ADRs so we haven't done CMs again, I have been trying out different character meals every time except CP which we do every time because it is my favorite.

We have an ADR for dinner at CM and I have been hearing alot of bad thing lately. as anyone eaten there recently? We always eat at CP and enjoy it... how does it compare now? My friend wants to eat there because we never have but Im starting to retink it...[/QUOT\\

In my opinion it don't compare. Now don't me wrong CP is good but Chef Mickey's is great. :worship:
The food is good the Atmosphere is the best.:thumbsup2

Thanks everyone.. it's good to hear positive things about CM. I hope my experience is worthy of praise also...

This is the second post where someone has said they read Chef Mickey's was not so great. It was not so great to ONE person.

A negative review on these boards is like a rumor in high school. It keeps getting spread wider and wider until no one wants to have anything to do with the person the rumor was about. And then it turns out that the person saves kittens and puppies.

I cannot imagine "worrying" about Chef Mickey's! :rotfl2:

It is one the most "worry free" environments I've ever been to. The only worries are eating too much and having too much fun. :thumbsup2

We were there in May and I had heard mixed reviews befre we went, however we got there and feel that it was the best buffet we have eaten at WDW. I really enjoyed it. The CMS were plesent and we did not feel rushed at all especially with the crowds waiting. We had a great meal and plan to go every trip now.

We ate dinner at CM this past March and all of us enjoyed it. Character interaction was great!

I went through the same panic this morning about the CRT dinner, I read a bad review (seriously, they made it sound horrid) and I came to the conclusion that I'm going there for the atmosphere and characters, otherwise I wouldn't have even made the ADR, and just went to a counter service restaurant. I'm not going to let someone else's bitterness ruin my fun, or even worse... cancel my ADR! :lmao:

Go, have fun, and don't let someone else's negative opinion form yours. :)

This is a tradition to eat here on every trip. We have only ever been for Dinner though. We have never had a bad meal at CM:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter