Worried about buses for 8:05 am breakfast at MK

MickeyNicki

It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out a
Do you think it would be better to take a cab from POR to MK for our early breakfast ressie or do you think I will be able to catch the early bus for character meals?

Also, if I do take a cab do they pick you up in from of the POR lobby area or do I have to call a cab first? Will the cab take me right to the MK bus area or to the ticket center and then I need to monorail over to the entrance??

The first bus should be at POR around 6:30 AM. That should give you plenty of time!! Rule of thumb is to be at bus stop about 45 minutes before your ADR. The bus will take you straight to the MK. Good luck!!

I'm not sure where the cab drops off. I have never, never seen a cab in the bus area though!!

I would still take the bus. The bus starts at least an hour before park opening. If your reservations are at 8:05, I'm assuming the park is opening at 8:00. The buses run good in the morning, because it is basically just drop offs. They get back quicker, because there is no one waiting to board to come back to the resort!

You should be fine!

The park doesnt open until 9am but they offered me reservations for 8:05. At the time that I made the reservations the CM told me there are buses that are marked "Character breakfasts" and they start 1 hour prior to the first breakfast reservation. Well I was double checking all my reservations last night because we leave in 10 days (woo hoo) and the CM said "you better drive yourself or use a cab because the buses will not get you there on time"

So now I am a panicked mess

I agree with taking the 6:30 AM bus to the Magic Kingdom, that should give you a lot of time to make your 8:05 AM ADR.

Also whenever my family & I had a Magic Kingdom view at the Contemporary, I have never seen a taxi cab pull into the Magic Kingdom bus area. They went as far to turn into the Contemporary, but that was it. Also something else to consider is the sign just before the MK station that says WDW Transportation Buses only, so I assume that means taxi cabs can not go there & they would need to go to the TTC.

We stayed at POR is August and had a 8:05 ADR at CP. We went to the bus stop around 7 and were on the bus to MK within 5 minutes. It was a pretty short ride and we made it to MK with plenty of time to spare.

When you get to the park there will be a line with a CM checking in folks who have breakfast ADRs. Go to that line, give them your name, and you'll be free to walk into MK and enjoy a great view of the castle (without the masses) on your way to breakfast.

P.S. I don't recall seeing a bus marked "Character Breakfast" at any point during our stay. It doesn't mean they don't exist - just that I didn't see any.

Enjoy POR!

I learned the hard way about the AM buses. No one at Disney was any help at all. Kinda like the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing. I actually went and sat at the POFQ bus stop at 6 AM just to see what would happen. The first bus of the morning arrives about 6:20 and goes to POR from there. The Chef Mickey's breakfast starts at 7AM and the bus might stop there on the way to the MK. This was in May of 2005 and I was trying to get to the MK for the Regis and Kelly show. I still hold to the 45 minutes before theory. You also might try the Transportation Board. I think a bus driver or two might hang out there!

I would not wait on a bus called "Character breakfasts." One poor family on our last trip skipped three MK busses from POR because they weren't labeled "character breakfast" and made themselves late for their breakfast. We never saw one. Just get there early and you'll be fine.

Ask at the desk when you check in and if you go to the bus stop and do not see any buses marked character but there is a Magic Kingdom bus running that early then by all means just take it.

You can always ask any bus driver that does arrive and find out what you need to do. Never set at a bus stop and miss out due to not asking someone.

Thanks everyone! Now that I know I can catch the bus the hard part will be getting a family of 4 ready in time :wave2:

There are early buses. We had an 8:05 breakfast at MK, it was awesome to walk up a totaly empty main street USA and when we came out of breakfast the park had just opened. There were no lines for anything at Fantasyland, it was great :)

I have reservations for our upcoming honeymoon for breakfasts all but one morning of our trip. DFH even though the little thing he is likes his breakfasts when he wakes, We have some char breakfasts, and WCC. I was told that we would NOT have transportation to WCC the morning of our breakfast there as the busses do NOT run that early to go there. This by our resort which had me very worried and actually thinking of changing our resort cause of the bus issue, but I disscussed it with out resort, and Disney travel and was told unless you don't wanna be rushed early in the am for the bus, or you are worried about making it the best thing to do would be to catch a cab, so I think we may do this a few times to be safe and save us the hassle of being in super speed mode to get to the bus stop. :bride: :groom:

WCC is at a Hotel, not a park, you would need to take a cab for the early breakfast times, but to the parks they have buses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter