• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Worried about All Star Sport Resort reservation

jaw62901

Mouseketeer
Since I am changing my reservation on Dec 26 to Jan 3 over to the All-Star sports resort, what information can disney AS vets pass on to me. I have asked to stay in the touchdown building with a room inside of the court, overlooking the giant field. I am going with the gold dream makers package so I will hopefully have a busy fun filled trip. I am looking for the usual resort information and anything that can be passed on to me would be great.

That being said, I read the post from the person who tried to check in and was told something about not having a perferred room for them when they checked in and just having a horrible time with the resort people. This makes me wonder, I am new to traveling and was wondering how frequent things like this happen. Am i going to get there early on December 26, and be told they are sold out and are sending me to some off site hotel.

This year is our first stay at the ASSp so I might not be the best helper but I will try. We have stayed at the movies, always a prefered room in the past and have never had any problem of any kind. We too have requested the touch down building. This I know. The prefered building at the sports is the Surf's up building so your request for touch down is just a request. You may or may not get it. They also will grant request in the order listed and the more request the less likely ALL of them will be filled. You will not be sent off site no matter what. You could very possibly not get the building you want, an outside chance of being bumped to another on site resort maybe even an upgrade, but you will have a room on site. Try not to worry.They will do thier best to make you happy and you will be taken care of.

jordan's mom

I've stayed at Sports twice and movies and music once each. Both times we have been in touchdown but I wouldn't recommend overlooking the football field. It can get very noisy when people are playing on the field and it can go long into the night or start very early in the morning. We like the baseball quiet pool. The theming is really cute and it's usually not as crowded.

Food at the food court is ok. They also have an alacart cooler area where you can get sandwiches, salads, fruit, juice/milk. If the lines are long then this can be a quick alternative. The refillable mugs are a good idea if you are planning on being around the resort at all. I use it a lot during pool time.

I have not had any issue with preferred rooms. They book it automatically when you make your reservation. They ask if you want a preferred or standard room. However, sometimes if you ask for a specific section, they say they cannot guarantee it. I would get to the hotel as soon as possible, exactly at check in so if your specific room is available, you will make sure you have it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter