World's Worst Mom

emdav

<font color=blue>If I scratch my left elbow, I hav
I packed my kid's lunches this morning with thermos of noodles and vegetables. At least I thought I did. I pour boiling water into the thermos to activate the insulation. When I emptied ds's lunchbox, I opened his thermos and found water. I had forgotten to put the noodles in the thermos. I felt so terrible. I can't believe I sent him to school with a main dish of hot water. BTW, the water was still hot when he got home.

Anyone care to share their worst parenting moment?

Oh, the poor kid must have been so shocked when he opened the thermos and just saw water!

I stick my son's sandwich in the freezer after I make it in the morning to get it cold so it will last better until lunch. More than once I forgot to stick it into the lunchbox before we left, so he had fruit or yogurt and a drink and dessert but no main item. I felt terrible each time it happened. Now he's the one who gets the sandwich out of the freezer. :rotfl:

It would take something much worse than that to wrestle that title away from Susan Smith or Andrea Yates.

I sent my DD with moldy grapes, Hey I'm not a morning person.

My mom once drove to our school to pick us up from grammar school, like she did EVERY day forever. One time, she unlocked the front door of the car so my sister could get in, my sister said something smart or whatever, my mom starts nagging in on her, and then drove away.

Leaving me on the curb watching the car drive away.

She forgot to unlock my back door (back then, kiddies, you had to manually pull the lock up) and assumed I was in the car already because USUALLY my sister would unlock my door after she got in.

I took a LONG time for her to realize where she left me.

I believe in fostering independence and raising kids who are self-sufficient. My kids have been packing their own school lunches since the youngest was 4, (older ones 6 and 7) and with the exception of packing too many snacks at times are perfectly capable. One morning about 4 years ago my kids made their lunches and then sat down to eat breakfast. I was pre-occupied with attending two house closings (buying and selling) and moving an entire household across state lines. I was still packing up the kitchen while they were eating. When I went to pick up my youngest at pre-school the teacher/director mentioned that she only had one slice of bologna in her lunch bag. I was so embarrassed! I knew that she had packed more than that, although I really hadn't been too focused on the actual contents. Turns out she had packed more but then turned around and ate that for breakfast. Luckily she wasn't hungry at lunch and didn't want more (the staff offered her food, but she declined).

:rotfl2:OMGoodness!! There are literally tears on my keyboard and I now have stripes in my makeup!! These are too funny!

OP, what did your DS say when he got home? Did he even mention it?

Handbag Lady, we were at KMart in Macon, GA and my little brother always wanted to put the buggies up in the parking lots. He was probably 5 then and the buggy coral was close with no cars parked nearby so my mom told him this time he could do it. We got in the car, he went to put the buggy away, and she drove off. :scared1: Imagine her surprise when I interupt them talking and ask her if she meant to pick him up before we left! :lmao: He was running across the parking lot chasing the car!! That story is soooo old but it's still funny!! He's been gone for 20 years this year and she's been gone for 6. :sad2:

One morning I looked in DS's lunchbox and saw foor in there - and assumed Dh had made it (we all what happens when you assume:rotfl:)

Well, he hadn't so I sent DS with a half eaten sandwich and a GoGurt from the previous day - which he ate:scared1:. He came home and asked why I hadn't made him a new sandwich for the day??? Luckily he didn't get sick

I used to teach at a preschool/MDO. We had one mom pick up her infant son and forgot to get her 2yo daughter. We actually saw her walk out of the building with her DS, at which point she usually got into the hookup line to get her DD. Instead she drove off...made it all the way home before realizing what she did. We got a good chuckle out of that one.

One mom fell asleep and completely missed hookup. She came screeching in about 15 minutes late with sheet marks still on her face! :rotfl:

And then there was the dad who just plain old forgot to get his kids one day. Pickup is at 2:30 and when he wasn't there by 2:40 (he was ALWAYS on time) I called him and asked who was coming to get M and I. He was quiet for a minute and then very loudly says..."Oh S**T!" :lmao:

My kids get out 1 hour early on Mondays for staff meetings. I forgot one time last year. I was busy shopping away when my cell phone rings...it was another mom asking where I was. Not my proudest moment!

Sorry, you can't wrestle that bad mom crown off MY head...

When my oldest was about 6 months old I zipped her chin up in her snowsuit zipper! Seriously! The skin was intertwined in the metal parts of the zipper! Getting it unzipped was just as traumatic for her (and me!)

OOOH! Ow Ow Ow!

When I was in kindergarten, my mom forgot to come pick me up -- she was at my great-aunt's house, and their clock had stopped. A teacher waited with me for a while, and THEN LEFT!!!! I decided to walk home -- we lived in Chicago, and I was 5 -- I got as far as a gas station a couple of blocks away, when an attendant there saw me walking alone and insisted on walking me back to school. He waited with me for my mom to come -- she had to be 45 minutes late!

When DS18 was 3, I locked him in the car -- got him in his car seat and ran back in the house to grab something. The keys were in the ignition (car wasn't on, I don't think), and somehow the doors locked. I tried a locksmith, no answer, tried the dealership, no record of the key -- the cops had to come out and only would because there was a child in the car. DS thought I was being funny trying to get him to get out of his car seat, until he realized that I was crying, then he got upset and started to cry. This story actually came up yesterday as we were bringing him to college -- I wondered if I could lock him the car to keep him from leaving!

One morning I looked in DS's lunchbox and saw foor in there - and assumed Dh had made it (we all what happens when you assume:rotfl:)

Well, he hadn't so I sent DS with a half eaten sandwich and a GoGurt from the previous day - which he ate:scared1:. He came home and asked why I hadn't made him a new sandwich for the day??? Luckily he didn't get sick

I just did that the other day! My son usually takes his lunch because he's super picky (due to sensory problems). Well, that day they were having chicken nuggets for lunch (which he tolerates) and I was running late, so I told him to buy lunch that day. Only problem was I forgot to take his lunchbox out of his backpack the day before (or DH put it back in thinking it was new), and it still held most of his lunch from the day before. Luckily it was just chips, salsa and carrot sticks. He ate some of the salsa, but didn't get sick.

Sorry, worst mom is me people. DS now 12, was about 2.5 years old. We were outside playing with neighbor kids to the back of us. He was sitting and playing with a truck while I was talking with the other mom. My DS started whining a little, then it got a little louder, nothing unusual for him, so I told him to play and I would be there in a minute. He started crying louder, the other mom looks at me and her eye got real big and said, you know I think I saw fire ants over there, Yep, my son was being eaten by fire ant and I just let him sit there. He doesn't remember it and laughs when I tell him how bad I feel. To this day he still has a horrible reaction to fire ants.

OP, what did your DS say when he got home? Did he even mention it?

He didn't mention it. I found out when I was cleaning out his backpack. I offered him food because I was sure he was famished and he insisted he wasn't hungry. I kept apologizing and he let me know that he had plenty of cold food and was fine.

I just realized I was raised by the worst mother in the WHOLE world, y'all can rest easy.

My mom (and dad) not only forgot to pick me up from kindergarten one day because they were hanging out at my aunt's house, my mom zipped my brother's stomach into a sleeper zipper AND she (and my dad) locked the car, with the car running and my brother in it, with them outside. :scared1:

My mom got on one side of the car and made faces to get his attention while my dad broke the window.

She's only not guilty of poor lunch management because I cannot remember even one instance of her packing us a lunch. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter