• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

World's Most Beautiful Woman

I agree that Lupita is stunningly beautiful. I'd love to see other ethnicities represented more in discussions of beauty. 3/23 indicates a bias towards white women. And for goodness sakes, of course white women can be beautiful :-)

I agree that Lupita is stunningly beautiful. I'd love to see other ethnicities represented more in discussions of beauty. 3/23 indicates a bias towards white women. And for goodness sakes, of course white women can be beautiful :-)
I agree. It would be nice to see more different ethnicities represented.

If you look at the raw numbers, no bias at all. 26 women total X 13.2% (african-american population of the U.S.) equals 3.432, rounded to 3. What amazes me is that Julia Roberts was chosen 4 times - she wouldn't be on my list at all.

And if you don't agree with the beautiful Lupita winning last year, perhaps Beyoncé in 2012 or Halle Berry in 2003 might get you to back down from this misconception.
Twenty six years:
23 women, 3 men.
23 different winners (Julia Roberts in 1991, 2000, 2005, 2010)
23 white, 3 black.
11 patently beautiful winners, 12 uniquely attractive winners in my opinion.
And there is absolutely nothing beautiful about Julia Roberts. Makeup works wonders for her, without it she's a whole lot less attractive.

Sandra isn't so much beautiful as she just projects real, down to earth and fun to be with. I'd certainly call that beautiful.

she wouldn't be a close second if i was the judge....without a doubt, my wife would beat her , hands down.

i am from a different age group & old fashioned with values & insights but those things don't matter. reality 'is"...
all about human dynamics & if you learn them growing up, then you are "wise" in all your choices--
because you understands your feelings while respecting all the "others" that are lacking behind.

lucky for me, i grew up in a large family & was challenged by many obstacles. good fortune was being a
rural paper boy, where some customers went as far back to the civil war era. many just wanted to
share their stories..but those stories followed patterns of success or failures in life.

out of this, gave the impression that acts of kindness & lady-liked behaviors are not only very attractive
but are outstanding "measurements."

in this situation, one needs to know "self" as in many areas in deciding the area of the desire for
relationship. i think the "people" behind the magazine are not good @ judging beauty.

I think they just realized she was an A list star who hasn't been chosen yet so they had to give her a turn. When I heard about it the person on TV talking about it said Sandra Bullock was quoted as saying "that's ridiculous" when she heard.
I'm so glad she had the good sense to dismiss the moniker! I have to respect that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter