World Trade Center Movie - Go or No Go?

Today is the opening of the Movie "World Trade Center". Will you go see it or not?

• Yes - I'll Go See It - I have no reservations about seeing it.

• Yes, I'll Go See It, but I have mixed feelings about seeing it.

• No, I won't See It.

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.

mmausse

"Amid a burst of lightning, I'll show up in a flas
Today is the opening of the Movie World Trade Center. Please vote as to whether you'll see it or not.

Personally, having been involved with 9/11 at the Pentagon, I don't think I am strong enough to relive it all. While I know this is "supposed to be" a story about the "heroes" and those that survived - it is still Hollywood glamorizing of the most horrific day in American history! IMO

There was a short segment on Good Morning America (my favorite show!) about it.

I think I'll go and see it- only if I bring a box of Kleenex's with me.

I don't see why not :confused3

How are 9/11 movies different than any other film based on a tragic event? I suppose some would say too soon? I don't think so.

I live in New York City and my father was dying of cancer then. It was a horrible period during my life, but I do want to see the movie. I"ll just bring lots of tissues!

DH and I are going to see it. I plan on bringing tissues. I have no reservations about it.

I don't want to dredge up all those emotions again.....it is too painful. I'm sure it will be a great movie, I just can't watch it.

I'll watch it, but I'll wait for the dvd. I'd rather watch it at home.

I still have very strong emotions about this. I can't go , it would just tear me uo too much.

tissues a must! I highly doubt dh will want to see it. will have to see trailer or something first.

I can't do it. I know many people who died in the towers that day, and it would be too painful. Even five years later it's like an open wound for a lot of the people I know here in NY. To us, that day is something far more ... I don't know the word, compelling, destructive, life-changing, -- than anyone could portray in a film.

I had the privilege to preview it last Night with my dd 18 , It's a very good movie. and it rerminds us of what happen that day and gives us the prospective of the heros and how we begin to fight back. It was not at all gory and i did have reservations about going, But i was so glad i did!! It is a show to let all of us know ,Never forget all those who gave their lives and helped others at the world trade center.
Kim

For me it's too soon. I (like many others) watched it in real time and I just can't see the Hollywood version. Sure there are movies about other world events and I've seen them. Usually, though, they happened before I was born which removes some of the reality of the event.

Sparx said:
I'll watch it, but I'll wait for the dvd. I'd rather watch it at home.
::yes:: Same here. I absolutely won't go see it in theaters, but I will probly see it when I can watch it at home.

I'm too sensitive. There are a lot of movies I can't see (I sobbed during the first minutes of "Babe" and had to stop watching) and this is one of them.

I don't for a minute think I need a movie to remind me what happened that day.......

mrsltg said:
For me it's too soon. I (like many others) watched it in real time and I just can't see the Hollywood version. Sure there are movies about other world events and I've seen them. Usually, though, they happened before I was born which removes some of the reality of the event.
diznygirl said:
I don't for a minute think I need a movie to remind me what happened that day.......

Exactly!
I'll probably wait a few years more before I'll watch it.

I am a native New York City person. My apartment had a direct view of the WTC looking out my window. I strongly oppose this film or any other "dramatization" of the events or people involved with 9/11. It is EXPLOITATION plain & simple. :furious: This is not a documetary. This is a dramatization and they are making money off of it. :badpc:

Documentaries, with ACTUAL footage of events, I will see. There was a fabulous, touching, heartbreaking one, where Robert DeNiro was in the introduction. The filmmakers just happened to be there, doing a different film on "probbie" firefighters and caught the events. That was tastefully done. That was shown for FREE on tv the year following 9/11. They didn't reach into out wallets. At the end, DeNiro said if you want to DONATE money to the Widows & Orphans fund, he gave a number.

Simple, direct, a choice. none of this dramatization crap & reaching for money up front. :furious:

I really dont know if I will go. A man from our church is a personal friend of Will Jimeno, dont know if I spelled that right and my friends cousins husband perished in one of the towers and dh friend was on morgue duty for a while and what he told dh made me so upset. I know it looks at it from one perspective but the other perspective will also always be in my mind, so I really dont know if I am ready for that. We also lost some people from our town and another friend was a first responder. They have moved and his wife says he is o.k. but I would not be suprised if he got lung cancer etc. He looked terrible last we saw him., they dug him out of rubble too. JR lost men in his fire dept. too. Its just too raw yet for me I think.

NO
Live in NY was in the city that day already lived it no need to see.... let me leave it at that And the profits go to??? :rolleyes:

I won't see it, but it has nothing to do with the subject matter; I just haven't liked an Oliver Stone movie since Michael Caine in The Hand! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter