• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

World Showcase Souvenirs

This past trip my husband bought a Christmas tree ornament (or something that would work as one) from every country.
Also this past trip I decided I would purchase something from every country. Chocolate is what I picked :lmao: A couple countries did not have chocolate so I just bought candy. Morocco did not sell any type of candy. Some we tried immediately, some we ate in our room and some we took home. I still have an American mint bar that I keep saying we will eat when we are all together (DD is away at college) but whenever we are together I forget. Not necessarily a souvenier, but it was fun.

I am working on getting a Flag from each country for my desk at work. For some reason last time we were at EPCOT, I only bought 4. I will finsh up in a few weeks.

The next trick will be something like a little Eifle Tower from each land (if I can find something comparable to the tower in each country that is).

I have some neat souvenirs from the World Showcase pavilions.

Mexico---ceramic sun

Norway---Geir cologne

France---soap

Morocco---wind chimes

This year, I really want to treat myself to the Laila perfume in Norway. I absolutely adore it!

Me too! I spray it on the paper and carry it with me. I am always alittle sad when the scent disappears. We are going to be in WDW right before my birthday. I'll have to tell my husband what a terrific gift it would make!! How wonderful it would be to spray the perfume on a cold, snowy morning and remember the warm, magical feelings of "home".

My niece bought little stuffed animals of Donald, Mickey, Minnie and Goofy...each one is dressed in an outfit from that country. Same cost as a pin...

I love this idea for my DD. She loves plushes. Do you remember about how much they ran? Im a newbie to Disney so I dont know what to expect as far as souviner prices go.

I like the idea of a flag from each country. I also like the idea of getting a miniture landmark from each country (example :Big Ben in London, leaning tower of pisa, eiffel tower, etc) I think I need more spending money!!! ;)

The stuffed characters run about $8.95 - and they are a bit larger than beanie babies. I collect them and have found the best place to buy them is at the Outpost.

Back in 1986 on our honeymoon trip, I bought a small plastic doll that sits on a mat. I call her Ling-Ling ;) . More recently I bought this I think it's a lucky cat. He's plastic and does a waving movement when the sunlight hits him. I also have fans from Japan and China, they'll write your name on them.

I bought a small genie lamp in Morocco.

I've bought earrings in both Italy and Norway. Also, a small pin in the shape of a gold mask. (A another poster has a great thread of visiting Italy and one picture has similar masks that are much larger on a vendor's display)

I got a hand-bag with a Monet scene from France.

From Mexico, I bought a small nicely painted vase.

I haven't bought anything from UK or Canada but i did visit Canada (last year) and bought an Anne of Green Gables doll.

None of these items were more than $25.00.

I did this the last time I went.

In Mexico I bought a paper flower, and maracas
In Norway I bought a troll figurine
In Germany I bought a pickle ornament, a shirt, and had a glass engraved with Mickey wearing lederhosen
In China I bought an umbrella and they will write your name in Chinese and a small Chinese silk change purse
In Italy I bought a small pin that looks like a Venetian mask
In Japan I bought a fan and they will also write your name in Japanese and a paper lantern
In Morocco I bought a small genie lamp
In France I bought a small Eiffel Tower figurine
In England I bought a stuffed bear dressed as a Royal Guard
In Canada I bought a small stuffed bear dressed as a Canadian Mountie

This year, I really want to treat myself to the Laila perfume in Norway. I absolutely adore it!

I broke down and bought some of this last trip. I got a set that is the perfume, lotion and this lip tingle that plumps your lips. I had always wanted it and this time I just got it. It reminds me of WDW and the ocean too which are my 2 favorite places.

We always get a pearl in Japan.. well we always get 4 each trip. Its a tradition. In the past we have bought candy from each country and one time we got shirts although we could not find them for each country.

We've never made it a point to buy something in each country before, but this year will be different.

In addition to the photos they need to collect for their Photo Scavenger hunt that I wrote for them, each boy will be given X amount of money (the amount is still to be decided) and will be expected to buy candy in each country - enough for all 4 of us to share. The candy idea was from someone either on this board or on allears....I can't remember for sure, except that it did not originate with me.

My personal goal for each country is a small plushie...or a pin w/ the flag.

Another thing I forgot to metion is the smashed pennies. I collected one representing each country. Sometimes it's fun and challenging to find the machines.

My favorite souvenier is the Chinese scroll that I purchased. It has flowers on it and Chinese writing - I think it was about $15.00 and hangs on the wall in my room. My next trip I want to get a Lucky Cat.

Japan - either a pearl or a sushi plate set
England - tea!
Germany - Christmas Ornament
France - perfume
Norway - troll figurine.

We bought Christmas ornaments and flags- tucked the flags into the Christmas tree-turned out kinda cute.

I like the little stuffed animals. I have a couple of them, and I hope this year to complete my collection with one from every country.

We look forward to buying chopsticks every year from China or Japan. This year we will be able to communicate in China (we are taking Mandarin Chinese language classes). Next year we are (tenatively) planning on going to China & Japan (and I will definately be stopping at Disney Hong Kong and Tokyo).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter