World showcase or future world first?

DBMC

Mouseketeer
We have two days to spend in Epcot, one at the beginning of our trip, and one at the end. I was thinking of focusing on the world showcase one day, and future world on the other. Epcot will be our first day at Disney world parks, but we will probably not get into the park before 10 or 11. Which would you pick for the first day? World showcase, or Future world? If it helps, it will be three adults, and one toddler. Also, if you would do it differently, how would you do it? Oh, and we have TS reservations for both days.

I was thinking about doing this as well, but several people suggested doing 1/2 of each on each day. Doing the left side one day and using FP+ for Test Track, Mission Space, and Spaceship Earth and doing Mexico through America. Then the second day doing the right side, FP+ for Soarin', Turtle Talk, and Seas and doing Canada through America. Depending on where your ADRs are, it might make things easier for you to pick which day to do each side. I decided to go with the left/right plan after playing around with different touring plans. Just a suggestion.

The World Showcase opens at 11am so your plan is perfect for a late start/lazy morning & then visiting the countries.

As for Future World...I don't think you would need an entire day for that. I do most of that before WS opens. Granted I am an adult traveler & no kid, but if I get at the gate 15 minutes before park opening to line up I can ride Test Track (single rider), a quick spin thru the building next to Mission: Space if there is a festival happening, Spaceship Earth (FP+), The Seas (and I linger awhile looking at the fish), Soarin (FP+), Living with the Land & the Figment ride before I head out to WS. Granted I skip Ellen's Energy Adventure (that's close to an hour) & usually Mission: Space if there is a line since it's not a must do for me. There isn't too much else left in Future Word now with Innovations closed. And you can only drink so much Beverly. lol

I agree that splitting the park left or right side doing both the front & back each day may be a better plan and spread things out more for your group.

I don't think that I could go to Epcot and not see world showcase. I would do a left half/right half split.

I decided to go with the left/right plan after playing around with different touring plans. Just a suggestion.

I totally agree. If you have two planned days at Epcot, do the half thing as suggested. That way, you have both parts of the park on each day. It's not an overwhelming thing of each specific part on any day but more of a gentle feel of Epcot. With a toddler, it might be a bit difficult not to think "today is rides!" and then the next time "today is just walking around!" You get both with each trip. Just like with every other park.

The better plan is to split the park vertically rather than horizontally. Do either the right or left half of future world and then move to the world showcase. Then do the other half of future world and the rest of the world showcase.

That's always the way we do it.
World Showcase doesn't open until 11, so Future World before that.

Thanks everyone! So glad I asked! I think I will go with the split as suggested. :disrocks:

We always stay at an Epcot resort so we always do our first day at WS, it's usually a half day since we don't get there until around 2. Next time we do it, we do Future World and back over to WS. In all fairness though, if you are not staying in an Epcot resort and have PH, I agree the split the park plan is probably the best. Since we have PH, we go every day at some point.

well WS section opens at 11am so if you are not arriving in the park until then then i suggest doing WS the first day and then RD FW the second epcot day.

Best for us is Future World in the evening. Starting about 3, everyone has moved up to World Showcase so just about everything is a walk-on. We think Future World is just gorgeous at night. Spaceship Earth is so beautiful in the purples and blues, plus the fountain, and the light-up sidewalks. It's great in the evening.

I would recommend going into World Showcase first, passing the lines for everything, and take one of the boats to Germany or Morocco then work your way back to Future World. Maybe have dinner at 4:30, 5:00, then head down into Future World after dinner. Or plan dinner at Garden Grill, Coral Reef or Sunshine Seasons. Then you'll have a good 3-4 hours for everything.

I totally agree. If you have two planned days at Epcot, do the half thing as suggested. That way, you have both parts of the park on each day. It's not an overwhelming thing of each specific part on any day but more of a gentle feel of Epcot. With a toddler, it might be a bit difficult not to think "today is rides!" and then the next time "today is just walking around!" You get both with each trip. Just like with every other park.

If you want to do Soarin' and Test Track, this is a good strategy since you can only do one or the other FP+

Best for us is Future World in the evening. Starting about 3, everyone has moved up to World Showcase so just about everything is a walk-on.

I have always done Epcot at RD, but have wondered if arriving later the front of the park would be emptier. Seeing this makes me want to try it on a future visit. Just curious what time of year is this & week days or weekend?

I have always done Epcot at RD, but have wondered if arriving later the front of the park would be emptier. Seeing this makes me want to try it on a future visit. Just curious what time of year is this & week days or weekend?

It has never failed us, no matter what day or what time of year. Soarin' and Test Track always have lines, but everything else will be walk-on to 15 minutes or less after 3. If you haven't yet, download the MDE app and check the wait times to get a sense of it (and prove me right or wrong lol).

We usually do rope drop in future world and use our fast passes until 11am. Then starting at 11am we walk around world showcase until 1 or 2 and then do a break. We have a three year old so we always do afternoon breaks. By starting world showcase at 11 am until 1 or 2 pm, the world showcase is pretty empty and there are a lot of characters especially princesses that you can meet with little to no line. Also it is much easier to navigate each country with a stroller during the early afternoon then it is at night. We do two days in epcot with half the future world rides one day with fp and half the other day with fp.

It has never failed us, no matter what day or what time of year. Soarin' and Test Track always have lines, but everything else will be walk-on to 15 minutes or less after 3. If you haven't yet, download the MDE app and check the wait times to get a sense of it (and prove me right or wrong lol).

I think we are going Labor Day weekend so I will give it a try on the Monday! Maybe go to AK at opening & then cruise over to Epcot late morning & have lunch. We can go around the WS first if it still looks busy & then hit FW on our way out before heading home. Ohhh....I am excited to try something new. Bless the BF for coming...I hope my Disney wild doesn't scare him!

I think we are going Labor Day weekend so I will give it a try on the Monday! Maybe go to AK at opening & then cruise over to Epcot late morning & have lunch. We can go around the WS first if it still looks busy & then hit FW on our way out before heading home. Ohhh....I am excited to try something new. Bless the BF for coming...I hope my Disney wild doesn't scare him!

I checked yesterday after I posted, and it was like I said. 10 mins SE, 10 mins Nemo, 10 mins Figment, etc. TT was 100 and Soarin' was 70.

We usually do rope drop in future world and use our fast passes until 11am. Then starting at 11am we walk around world showcase until 1 or 2 and then do a break. We have a three year old so we always do afternoon breaks. By starting world showcase at 11 am until 1 or 2 pm, the world showcase is pretty empty and there are a lot of characters especially princesses that you can meet with little to no line. Also it is much easier to navigate each country with a stroller during the early afternoon then it is at night. We do two days in epcot with half the future world rides one day with fp and half the other day with fp.

Our typical days are similar, except that we don't have any trouble doing everything we want to do in Future World between 9 and 11. Then we move onto World Showcase, tour, shop, snack, eat lunch, and then take an afternoon break. If we return, it will be for an ADR and/or Illuminations.

Sorry, I know these posts are a little old, but I am having an Epcot dilemma.

I had decided to reserve two full days for Epcot, already have FPs, we leave in about 28 days.

We have 1/2 evening MK, Epcot, MK, HS, Epcot, MK, 1/2 day morning AK.

I did two days for Epcot because I feel in recent years it has gotten short end of the stick. I always preferred to do WS first and then as it cooled down some in the afternoon, headed to WS. The only problem with this was that last year as we headed into Mexico to begin our walk around the world, I was already tired.

It seemed like we just walked thru most of the countries and walked out of the park during Illuminations.

So, this year I am doing Epcot earlier in my plans and was shooting for 2 days.

Not sure how we will break it down. Thought about getting there later one day and going straight for WS.

The fastpasses I chose are no big deal, since Soarin' is out of the picture and I do not do any of the more thrilling rides because of a bad back.

Now, to my dilemma. I always do AK 1/2 day on our day of departure. I feel like that is really enough time, but again this park gets short changed.
Not to mention it is on our last day and I am pretty much Disney'ed out by then.

So was wondering about switching up one of my Epcot days to AK and doing FW as a half day on our last day. Seems like I usually cover what I want to in FW by around 3 in the afternoon. It should be pretty in March with the topiaries, etc.

What is everyones thought on 1 and 1/2 days in Epcot and full day AK????? Of course AK closes earlier, darn it!

For whatever reason I am nervous about devoting 2 full days to Epcot.

I could probably skip HS if not for Toy Story and we have ADR at Sci Fi for lunch.

Does anyone else think it will be "crazier" at MK in March because of the construction going on in the other parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter