World of Color Superthread

We had dinner at Carthy Circle Tuesday,the price was 59.00 for the 3 course meal ,and 24.00 for kids.Didn't like the location for the Woc reserved spot for Carthy Circle,and they wouldn't let us move down.So it was disappointing for the price.

If you do a meal for your WOC tickets you can stand wherever you want... They have an area for CC people and another for WCT people, but if a cm tells you that you can't move, find another cm... The line of sight is really good from up there if you are on a rail, they say the show is better seen from farther back because it is so wide... But I prefer front and center in the wet zone! So we do the meal and then march right to the wet zone when we enter, telling CMs as we go that we are headed there :)

Are the WOC meal packages avalible for Ariel's Grotto on weekdays for this summer? I have a WCT reservation, but was interested in trying something new. :idea: Thanks!

Midnightred

Hi again! Found the answer to my question. Ariel's offers WOC dining on weekdays too. Anyone have a review? Thanks!

Midnightred

We saw the 9p show on Mon Jun 10 with Carthay Circle passes. I scoped the area out early - ropes were up by 7p. Talked with cast members to see where to wait, where the areas were, then left and came back at 7:30p, hung out near Little Mermaid. They didn't open the ropes until 8p. We got closest to the center - for viewing of the show, not the center of the Carthay section - at the front at the rail, which was important as we're both shorter than 5' 2". The area never got as full as the other areas where folk were crammed in, but I still wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere but at the rail in order to see.

We went again 10:15p show on Wed Jun 12 with free machine FPs and it was fairly empty. Didn't get there until about 9:55p - my sister watched the fireworks from the train station in DL and I met her at Little Mermaid (I saw the fireworks from corner of Mater's and Bug's Land) and then we did a bathroom break before getting our spot. Got front wet zone just right of center at the rail and that was a *much* better view than the front of the Carthay Circle section. Could see into the water better and really could feel the heat from the flames. We had ponchos that time and put them on as we don't like getting wet at all - we're the type that wear ponchos on Splash.

I had wanted to eat at Carthay anyway so not unhappy we did that - and the dinner was excellent - but if we ate there again we'd plan so we could get 10:15p tickets and not have a 7a rope drop the next morning. I loved the show the first time I saw it but am really glad I saw it down in the wet zone center. Totally awesome. The projections were better further back but I loved watching the fountain mechanisms and being able to see into the water.

----

When we were at dinner Jun 10 I reminded them we were eating 1 appetizer and 1 entree each to get the WoC tickets (didn't need more dessert that day) and they told and showed us the $59 dinner WoC menu that they have now but as we had made reservations Apr 10 under the old rules they honored that and so our dinner was much cheaper than it would have been with the new $59 each.

If you have somebody in your party in a wheelchair, do you have to sit in the wheelchair seating? Could they see ok from somewhere like up at the railing on the blue bridge? How far before the show would somebody need to show up in order to get a spot over there? I'm not concerned with the fact that the view is from the side. From what I'm reading, those wheelchair spots fill up pretty early and it can be difficult to see over people's heads and the person in the wheelchair is a child. We also have an autistic child with us so we can only arrive so much before the show and we need to be somewhere not quite as packed in. Would the blue bridge be a good spot or would there be somewhere better? I don't mind paying for the dining package or arriving early one day to get a FP. I'm just trying to figure out what will best meet all of our needs.

I believe I asked this before but I don't recall the response. :confused3 We are going on Thursday December 12 to DCA and are planning to get the WCT reserved WOC dining. We both use ECVs. I see there are stairs in some areas so I want to nake sure we can access the Reserved Viewing Areas on ECVs. I don't want to spend that money and tehn have to stay in the handicap areas all the way in the back.

The last time I saw World of Color was a nightmare. It was a brand new show, so the crowds were ridiculous! People were waiting in lines for hours. We weren't going to do that. We ended up doing the picnic deal. I was disappointed. Our view was horrible! I couldn't enjoy the show because of how disorganized it was.

Anyway, I want to give it another try on our next visit. Can anyone tell me how best to do World of Color? Last thing I want is to have another bad experience.

The last time I saw World of Color was a nightmare. It was a brand new show, so the crowds were ridiculous! People were waiting in lines for hours. We weren't going to do that. We ended up doing the picnic deal. I was disappointed. Our view was horrible! I couldn't enjoy the show because of how disorganized it was.

Anyway, I want to give it another try on our next visit. Can anyone tell me how best to do World of Color? Last thing I want is to have another bad experience.

I think it's laid out very well in the first post. If you want to a great view of the show you either need to line up about 90 min. early for the first show. If there is a 2nd show that night it will be MUCH less of a hassle and if you can stay up that late, most people report getting great spots by showing up maybe 30-40 min. early.

I think it's laid out very well in the first post. If you want to a great view of the show you either need to line up about 90 min. early for the first show. If there is a 2nd show that night it will be MUCH less of a hassle and if you can stay up that late, most people report getting great spots by showing up maybe 30-40 min. early.

Thanks for the tip on the second show.

Anyone do the fire hydrant spot? Is it still the blue section (I think thats the color)? And when you get a Fastpass do you get what you get as far a section? We did a package last time so didn't have to worry about that.

Does anyone have experience with where to line up for the late (10:15pm) showing of WoC and what time they start forming the line for guests with reserved viewing passes? I would just ask a CM in that area ahead of time, but we'll be doing the late WoC show our first night in the parks and will be doing the WoC dining package at WCT until it's time to start lining up, so there really isn't a way I can ask any CMs in the WoC area ahead of time...

Does anyone have experience with where to line up for the late (10:15pm) showing of WoC and what time they start forming the line for guests with reserved viewing passes? I would just ask a CM in that area ahead of time, but we'll be doing the late WoC show our first night in the parks and will be doing the WoC dining package at WCT until it's time to start lining up, so there really isn't a way I can ask any CMs in the WoC area ahead of time...
I am afraid I do not have direct experience with that. If it was me I would show up a minimum of 60 minutes before the second show and ask a CM.

:wizard:

Hey Hydroguy, you got a new picture!

One thing, you might want to update the OP with the fact that DLR has discontinued the WoC picnics as of June 2013. :thumbsup2

I am afraid I do not have direct experience with that. If it was me I would show up a minimum of 60 minutes before the second show and ask a CM.

:wizard:

Thanks again, HydroGuy. We have a 7:00pm reservation at WCT, so we should be able to line up by 9:00pm easily. Hopefully we'll be able to find a CM who can get us to the right place on the first try!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter