World of Color Superthread

So Hydroguy - have you made it back to check it out yet to see what the proceedures seem to be these days? Can't wait to get your official take on it with the changes from this summer with CCT! popcorn::

Me too!! I'm anxious to get the updated scoop even though I already booked my WCT dinner package.

And thank you sooooo much for the info in this and your other superthreads!!! I've been to DLR 12 times but now I feel like a newbie with all the new attractions and entertainment that have opened in the loooooong 6 years since my last visit!!

Jason

Woke up Tuesday morning late thanks to the Halloween party the night before and got a wild hair. Called and made lunch reservations at Carthay Circle so I wouldn't completely obsess about how early to get to WoC or whether we'd get there in time for the blue fastpasses. We'd only done one sit down meal and were getting tired of counter service anyway.

When we called at 10:00 they had a spot for 11:50.

The show was at 8:15, with our tickets saying we had to be in the area by 8:00. We were back in the Paradise Pier area around 5:00 and CMs were already lined in pairs along the area. I ask a couple of guys where the preferred seating group lined up and they told us under King Triton at the Ariel Ride. I asked what time people tended to start queing up and dude says, "oh, with preferred seating you can wait until 8:00!" I tried not to look at him like he had two heads.

At 7:00 we came back around and the girl at the preferred area spot wasn't letting anyone in yet and there appeared to be almost no one waiting at the ropes, just a handful under Triton. Ariel was a walk-on, so we rode that and came back out to find the area had been opened.

We didn't know we could ask for the front viewing area and when they asked and we told them "Carthay", we were herded into the upper part along the rail, although within those few minutes, the rail along the front was already filled before we got there.

We plopped down, backs to the rail for an hour, and people watched, especially the girl who worked her way one foot step every two minutes to wriggle between me and the couple who had gotten there right ahead of us and were to our left on the rail. It was fun to watch her attempt at stealth.

I wanted a nice meal and less stress about lining up more than two hours early for a show, so the fact that you can't actually see the surface of the water from my height when the lower areas fill in wasn't a make or break problem, but it might be for people who shelled out the money just for the viewing.

The area to our right facing the water was already packing them in towards the back of the area when we walked up to the rail at 7:10

Our main mistake was focusing on the rail nearest the center that we could stake instead of spotting the light tower directly in front of us. The view was just okay.

I'm glad we got to see it. I loved the Brave and Pirates sections. But it's not something I'd do preferred seating again for, nor would I feel like I needed to spend hours to get the best view. I guess I'm more of a Fantasmic chick ;)

315.jpg

318.jpg

I guess I'm a little confused. We are going in a month and also going to CCT for the WOC pass. So you said you went to te rail but should have headed for the light post. Can you please clarify so I know where to try for? Thanks so much for posting!

I guess I'm a little confused. We are going in a month and also going to CCT for the WOC pass. So you said you went to te rail but should have headed for the light post. Can you please clarify so I know where to try for? Thanks so much for posting!

As you walk in to the preferred area, cast members are standing at the stairs. You can go right at that point, to be at the upper rail, elevated over those below you a bit, or down the stairs to the rail that makes a U-shape at the water where you will get wet.

If you tell them you have Carthay Circle passes, you will be directed to the upper area unless you ask otherwise. (We didn't know to ask.)

The light tower will block your view from the upper area unless you want to go further to the right and the end of the roped off preferred section. Benches for handicapped seating take up the most centered of the viewing area in this upper railed spot.

We were focused on the railing since my 4'9 daughter can't see over anyone in a standing situation. It wasn't until the lights dimmed that we realized we were staring a the big black light tower between us and the water.

Thanks so much! My daughter will be 11 when we go so she is too big to pick up if she cant see and I would be totally annoyed by the light post. So I appreciate your warning!

Thanks everyone for the updates! I've got to make my CCT reservations soon. Still debating whether to go for lunch or dinner time reservation. I know at first it seemed like the people with dinner reservations had better choices for viewing area than lunch, but then it seemed to be the same (lunch or dinner) for CCT (I know WCT was different, be we want to try out CCT). So does that still seem to be the case? (No difference in viewing aread between lunch and dinner for CCT?) :confused3

Bump. Today I finally got the OP revised to reflect what I experienced a couple weeks ago with WOC and a CCR lunch package. The good news is this was all consistent with what folks have been reporting for the last several months.

:wizard:

Thanks Hydro...

Good to hear we are on the right track :thumbsup2

Can't wait for 3 more weeks!! Woohoo! My first trip to WoC :dance3:

We could have gone anywhere in that area that we wanted to - there is no distinction between blue and yellow in that front wet zone - they just let the 2 colors in from opposite sides.
We were just to the right (when facing the water) of the semi-circle area and our view was great! We loved being up front. It was not too crowded - lots of people but not shoulder to shoulder.

This was exactly our experience! I think we were in the same spot - only we had blue FPs (collected at about 11 am while I was waiting out the rest of the group for baby swap in 2 hour standby at RSR :eek:). No one stopped us from crossing over to where we thought we'd have the best view. We were on the rail right on the center line if you look at the map in the OP. I have DS7, DS5 and DD3, so it is a MUST for us to be on a rail. We arrived 90 minutes before the show (this was Tuesday, Oct. 16 for an 8:15 showtime) and people were already being let in to the viewing area. After the show, when I asked DS7 if he liked it as much this time as he did last time (it was one of his favorites from our last trip), he said "no. It was better!" I guess viewing spot does make a difference!

View from our spot:

DSCN4796_sm.jpg

That is an amazing picture. What kind of camera, lens, etc. did you use to take it?

Can you buy the light up ears for WOC still? If so, where & how much? Thanks!

When we were there at the beginning of October you could buy them and they were all over the place - most stores in DCA and DL had them as did the World of Disney.

My guess is that these won't be around for much longer. It really hasn't gained any popularity. It's cool when everyone in the viewing area has them on (AP previews), but in my recent visits I've only seen a handful of people with them on at each show.

My guess is that these won't be around for much longer. It really hasn't gained any popularity. It's cool when everyone in the viewing area has them on (AP previews), but in my recent visits I've only seen a handful of people with them on at each show.
You might be correct. The price needs to be $10 or less :idea:

There was a promotion for AP holders at the end of September, for free Glow with the Show Ears for every $50 spent. I wonder how many were given away, or is interest so low Disney can't even give them away :rotfl:

Is this list still accurate as to what rides close early?

California Screamin'
Games of the Boardwalk
Golden Zephyr
King Triton's Carousel
Jumpin' Jellyfish
Mickey's Fun Wheel
Silly Symphony Swings

Since this list does not include toy story how bad are the wait times during the show?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter