• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

World of Color Superthread

I can't see if this has been answered yet, there are so many pages. My sister & I only have 1day in the parks & want to maximize our time. We really want to see WOC & don't mind paying for priority seating but don't want to waste a lot of our evening waiting to see the show. If you had 1 day (Saturday) how would you view WOC? Thank you!

If you only have one day in the parks, AND if WOC is a priority, then I would actually not waste valuable time or money on a sit-down dining package. You'll be dining for an hour, then you still have to line up about an hour before the show IF you want to get a good spot. True, you can technically get to the viewing area later than that, but you run the risk of being stuck behind someone tall, or someone with kids on their shoulders etc. etc., and if you can't see the show well, you're not going to enjoy it. No matter how you get your viewing pass, be it through preferred dining, a picnic, or a free fastpass (what I recommend), you will have to line up at least an hour ahead of time. Because of that, I'd just choose the cheapest option (which is, duh, free!).

I can't see if this has been answered yet, there are so many pages. My sister & I only have 1day in the parks & want to maximize our time. We really want to see WOC & don't mind paying for priority seating but don't want to waste a lot of our evening waiting to see the show. If you had 1 day (Saturday) how would you view WOC? Thank you!
LOL, you do not need to read all the pages. The first post answers all the common questions. :)

If you only have one day in the parks, AND if WOC is a priority, then I would actually not waste valuable time or money on a sit-down dining package. You'll be dining for an hour, then you still have to line up about an hour before the show IF you want to get a good spot. True, you can technically get to the viewing area later than that, but you run the risk of being stuck behind someone tall, or someone with kids on their shoulders etc. etc., and if you can't see the show well, you're not going to enjoy it. No matter how you get your viewing pass, be it through preferred dining, a picnic, or a free fastpass (what I recommend), you will have to line up at least an hour ahead of time. Because of that, I'd just choose the cheapest option (which is, duh, free!).
What she said! :wizard:

My boyfriend and I want to go to the second showing of WOC on January 16, which is MLK, Jr. Day. When would be a good time for us to line up for our FPs? This will be our first time seeing WOC. TIA!

My boyfriend and I want to go to the second showing of WOC on January 16, which is MLK, Jr. Day. When would be a good time for us to line up for our FPs? This will be our first time seeing WOC. TIA!

I would try for a Blue or Yellow zone ticket.

For the second show I would check about 11am and ask a CM what color and show they are on. This is about when it goes from 1st to 2nd show when it's busy. Check back about 30 minutes later if you need to wait for the Show Pass you want to come up.

Tickets go out Blue, Yellow then Red, for the first show. Then repeats for the second show.

Hello WOC experts! I have a question regarding strategy on March 2, but first, some background:

Our last DL visit was in August 2010. I took our older two boys to see WOC on arrival night, while my husband took our youngest back to the room at GCH. We followed the tips posted here, got FPs immediately upon arrival, lined up super early, waited a long time and were literally right in front for the show. So we've seen it, and it was amazing. We'll be back again next year, so we'll have another chance then.

So here's where I would love some advice: On March 2, we're spending the day at DL and DCA on the way from Newport to the airport (we have a redeye flight that leaves LAX at 11:30pm - long story.) We have PS at Blue Bayou for lunch and Napa Rose for dinner, so no dining/WOC package for us. We'd like to catch the 8ish WOC after dinner, but not sure we'll be able to get FPs and even if we do, won't spend the time waiting in the line-up area like we did last time. I saw the photos of the back side of WOC, but since we're coming from dinner, we probably won't have the opportunity to get over there. Any other ideas? Again, not looking for a great spot - just something decent given our time restrictions that day.

Thanks!!

So here's where I would love some advice: On March 2, we're spending the day at DL and DCA on the way from Newport to the airport (we have a redeye flight that leaves LAX at 11:30pm - long story.) We have PS at Blue Bayou for lunch and Napa Rose for dinner, so no dining/WOC package for us. We'd like to catch the 8ish WOC after dinner, but not sure we'll be able to get FPs and even if we do, won't spend the time waiting in the line-up area like we did last time. I saw the photos of the back side of WOC, but since we're coming from dinner, we probably won't have the opportunity to get over there. Any other ideas? Again, not looking for a great spot - just something decent given our time restrictions that day.

Thanks!!
If you can get a blue FP then the fire hydrant spot usually does not require that long of a wait (the OP discusses the fire hydrant). Picnics cost you something but get you a yellow FP. Some folks are watching from the LM ride now with no FP at all. Not great but it is there.

A repaving is starting in front of LM.

Some people are suggesting that it will take until the beginning of March. In the meantime because this is directly behind Paradise Park there will be no viewing there. Also Paradise Park will temporaily eliminate the red area, the whole park will be used, but divided between Blue and Yellow Show Passes. Blue will line up to the east of the repaving work, yellow to the west.

It's possible that to get to the Yellow waiting area, you will have to come around the pier in a clockwise fashion because of the closed pathway.

Hopefully confirmation on this situation will come out soon as guests experience this situation.

Hydroguy and Skiingfast, thanks so much for your responses! I'll stay tuned for repaving info!

We've planned a trip to Disneyland from May 20 to 25. Unfortunately our first day at the parks will be on a Monday. According to Touring Plans, the World of Color is scheduled for the time we are there. Think that's accurate? Hope so 'cause I heard it's a must-see event!

We've planned a trip to Disneyland from May 20 to 25. Unfortunately our first day at the parks will be on a Monday. According to Touring Plans, the World of Color is scheduled for the time we are there. Think that's accurate? Hope so 'cause I heard it's a must-see event!

There is a lot of stuff up in the air about what will happen to WOC as far as the mid-week schedule. I believe what we've heard so far is that it may take *some* weekdays off, but wouldn't be exclusively weekends only, at least not at this time. Also, the week you're going is the week before Memorial Day (28th), so they would likely have a more full entertainment schedule at that time than they would if it were early May.

Thanks, Sonnyjane! Phew... And to think I was actually considering changing our airline reservations at $50 a pop...

Some people are suggesting that it will take until the beginning of March. In the meantime because this is directly behind Paradise Park there will be no viewing there. Also Paradise Park will temporaily eliminate the red area, the whole park will be used, but divided between Blue and Yellow Show Passes. Blue will line up to the east of the repaving work, yellow to the west.

It's possible that to get to the Yellow waiting area, you will have to come around the pier in a clockwise fashion because of the closed pathway.

Hopefully confirmation on this situation will come out soon as guests experience this situation.

The area between the Little Mermaid and Paradise Park is not mostly closed off for work on the pathway. The walls go up to the trees on each side leaving a small path on along the edge of the walls to go each direction. If you aren't familiar with these trees they leave a few feet on each side. That's 3 feet between the walls and LM, and 3 feet between PP and the walls.

Traffic on this side of the pier is directed to stay to the right to get around the wall.

We were at the WOC on 1/15 and, as skiingfast noted, there is currently no red section. A CM told us that this would continue while the sidewalk is under construction in front of the Little Mermaid ride. To enter for the yellow section, signs direct you to walk between the barracade and the Mermaid ride, you are then directed to make a U-turn and head back east on the other side of the barracade. At least 1 yellow entrance is still in the middle of the viewing area (with another one, the old red entrance, further west). I am not sure where you would line up for yellow because the viewing areas were already open when we arrived about 6:45 for an 8pm showing. -- Suzanne

I am not sure where you would line up for yellow because the viewing areas were already open when we arrived about 6:45 for an 8pm showing. -- Suzanne

Thank you Suzanne for your first hand report.

I haven't seen any first hand reports of where Yellow lines up yet, though some people were saying it would happen were red formally lined up. In front of the Golden Zephyr.

We were at the WOC on 1/15 and, as skiingfast noted, there is currently no red section. A CM told us that this would continue while the sidewalk is under construction in front of the Little Mermaid ride. To enter for the yellow section, signs direct you to walk between the barracade and the Mermaid ride, you are then directed to make a U-turn and head back east on the other side of the barracade. At least 1 yellow entrance is still in the middle of the viewing area (with another one, the old red entrance, further west). I am not sure where you would line up for yellow because the viewing areas were already open when we arrived about 6:45 for an 8pm showing. -- Suzanne
Thanks for the update!

IMHO World of Color is a mess! This whole "standing room only" is rediculous! They could have easy redone the standing area in a short ampitheater style seating arrangement. That way everyone could see, including my 7 year old daughter who I ended up having to carry the entire show!

I've heard a lot about WOC having to do with crowds and busy times, but I'm not sure how to convey that to my visit during a less busy tiime of year. What is the crowd like for WOC on a weekday in the off season (early February) when there is one show? Even though DCA probably isn't too crowded, do throngs of people park hop from DL just to see WOC?

I really don't care what section I get a ticket for, so I don't care when I get a Fast Pass, and I don't want to wait in a long line for a ticket if I don't have to. Can I avoid the lines getting a Fast Pass in the morning (if there are lines) and not worrry about getting one later without a crowd, or do they sell out by a certain time, and when might that be?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter