• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

World of Color Superthread

That's my problem too! My better half hate waiting. that's why I am considering PD. But sounds like we still have to get there early even with that.

Well... Yes – you still have to get there early if you want the BEST spot. But remember, if you have been going hard since RD, you will have a nice, relaxing dinner on the patio overlooking the water and other attractions. And don't forget the wine with dinner! :thumbsup2 After that, waiting for the show is really not hard to do, especially in this wonderful weather we have now.

Also, in my experience, once you have your spot staked out, only one of you needs to remain to secure it. I never mind doing this. I always bring my IPhone with my current book-on-tape to listen to. However, I have never had the chance to listen to the book! I have too much fun talking to all the people around me. :)

I booked Wine Country Trattoria, bad idea?? thought I will try it there, I have never ate there before.

I booked Wine Country Trattoria, bad idea?? thought I will try it there, I have never ate there before.

Everyone has different tastes. Some people love WCT. Hopefully you do too.

Sorry if this has been asked a dozen times. I looked through most of this thread and didn't find the answer. Anyway, we are planning on going to the 10:15 PM show in Aug when we are there. I have 2 questionsL

1- With there being a 9 PM show.....when will the FP return time be?? 9:15??

2- And what time should we show up to be ahead of the crowds so that we can get a good spot??

Thanks

Well... Yes – you still have to get there early if you want the BEST spot. But remember, if you have been going hard since RD, you will have a nice, relaxing dinner on the patio overlooking the water and other attractions. And don't forget the wine with dinner! :thumbsup2 After that, waiting for the show is really not hard to do, especially in this wonderful weather we have now.

Also, in my experience, once you have your spot staked out, only one of you needs to remain to secure it. I never mind doing this. I always bring my IPhone with my current book-on-tape to listen to. However, I have never had the chance to listen to the book! I have too much fun talking to all the people around me. :)

About staking out a spot...
How exactly does this work? I know about lining up 60-90 minutes early. We'll have blue or yellow FPs from picnics. I'll be in a group of 6 people- 4 adults and 2 children. I have no problem hanging in the viewing area while the others grab food, do rides, or walk around. How do I save their spots? I was planning on bringing towels and sitting across them until they return. Will I get the evil eye for doing this? Will I risk people overtaking our spot? Should I just not do this? I just want to be prepared. Also, what time should they be back before
the show begins? Of all the stresses of my trip, WoC ranks up there because there are too many variables. Help! lol

Thanks!
Christine

About staking out a spot...
How exactly does this work? I know about lining up 60-90 minutes early. We'll have blue or yellow FPs from picnics. I'll be in a group of 6 people- 4 adults and 2 children. I have no problem hanging in the viewing area while the others grab food, do rides, or walk around. How do I save their spots? I was planning on bringing towels and sitting across them until they return. Will I get the evil eye for doing this? Will I risk people overtaking our spot? Should I just not do this? I just want to be prepared. Also, what time should they be back before
the show begins? Of all the stresses of my trip, WoC ranks up there because there are too many variables. Help! lol

Thanks!
Christine

I highly recommend all going into the viewing area together. You wait in line about 60-90 minutes before the show starts, but they don't let you into the viewing area until about 30 minutes prior. At that time, everyone "walks with purpose" into the viewing area and gets a spot. "Staking out a good spot" means quickly standing in front of a railing. Those that started waiting earlier will get first dibs on the premium spots. I have seen the show several times and I have never seen someone sitting on the ground saving a spot. For the most part, everyone is standing up. You are tightly packed into these viewing areas, and so I really don't recommend sitting on the ground not simply because people will frown upon it (although if you are saving a spot for more than maybe one person, I'd be annoyed), but also because I am just afraid people won't really see you or respect the area saved by a towel or blanket.

I'd really just recommend all waiting together.

I highly recommend all going into the viewing area together. You wait in line about 60-90 minutes before the show starts, but they don't let you into the viewing area until about 30 minutes prior. At that time, everyone "walks with purpose" into the viewing area and gets a spot. "Staking out a good spot" means quickly standing in front of a railing. Those that started waiting earlier will get first dibs on the premium spots. I have seen the show several times and I have never seen someone sitting on the ground saving a spot. For the most part, everyone is standing up. You are tightly packed into these viewing areas, and so I really don't recommend sitting on the ground not simply because people will frown upon it (although if you are saving a spot for more than maybe one person, I'd be annoyed), but also because I am just afraid people won't really see you or respect the area saved by a towel or blanket.

I'd really just recommend all waiting together.

Thanks for explaining that. I wasn't sure if it would work or be appropriate and I see it is neither. I will grab food and eat at our spots, hopefully by a rail! Thanks!

Is it possible to edit the original first post with all these new information?? it is hard for everyone to read all 22 pages to find the latest. (just a suggesting)

Is it possible to edit the original first post with all these new information?? it is hard for everyone to read all 22 pages to find the latest. (just a suggesting)
It is possible and I do it regularly. What information is out of date in the OP?

I see on the new map that the hydrant is in the midst of the HC areas. Is it still in an area you can get to w/o a FP? It will be me and the 3 grand daughters all under 7 and haven't seen WOC yet and will want to go to the first show. We are staying at the Paradise Pier Hotel and we'll get 2 FP each but I assume they can't be used for WOC, right?

I see on the new map that the hydrant is in the midst of the HC areas. Is it still in an area you can get to w/o a FP? It will be me and the 3 grand daughters all under 7 and haven't seen WOC yet and will want to go to the first show. We are staying at the Paradise Pier Hotel and we'll get 2 FP each but I assume they can't be used for WOC, right?

We just saw the show from the hydrant on 7/15. (Great view by the way!!! Thanks for sharing!!) This spot was in the blue section and wasn't one of the handicapped areas.

No, the Fast Passes cannot be used for the show.

It is correct that your hotel FPs are for rides only, not WoC.

The hydrant has always been in the Blue area and requires a Blue WoC Show Pass.

We just saw the show from the hydrant on 7/15. (Great view by the way!!! Thanks for sharing!!) This spot was in the blue section and wasn't one of the handicapped areas.

No, the Fast Passes cannot be used for the show.
Even if you could use the hotel FPs for WOC that would be a waste. Those are precious FPs that can be used for anything. WOC FPs are easily obtained these days.

So this is the first time I've seen that the hydrant is in an area that needs a FP. So you have to have a blue FP to see it from the hydrant, right? When you saw the show on the 15th how soon did you get there before the show?

So this is the first time I've seen that the hydrant is in an area that needs a FP. So you have to have a blue FP to see it from the hydrant, right? When you saw the show on the 15th how soon did you get there before the show?
FYI, it is in the blue section and always has been. You must have overlooked that. As with any WOC arrival plan, you have to choose your situation:

1. Must have a spot at all costs - arrive 90 minutes before show starts

2. Would like to have a good shot at a particular spot - but are OK if you do not get it - arrive 60 minutes before show

3. Do not like to wait and can live with a poor spot but hope for a decent spot - arrive 30 minutes before show

I have done the hydrant and you will probably be fine 45 minutes before the show. Maybe 30.

To be completely honest, we were there ridiculously early and were the first ones let into the blue section. We went straight to the hydrant because my husband decided he liked that spot the best when we checked out the view earlier in the day. People didn't start coming into our area for about 15-20 minutes after they opened the entrance, but it was never super crowded by us. I really enjoyed the show and I hope you do, too!!!

Thanks for all the input so quickly! :goodvibes One more question: When they were first announcing WOC coming to the park it was touted to be a show that could be seen from all around the lagoon. Is that true? Can it be viewed from the sun wheel side?

I believe you are allowed to stand all around the water, but the veiw from the back would not be very good. I wouldn't bother. We did the fire hydrant trick last Tuesday thanks to the info here. We went to the FP machines around noon to get blue for the second show. We lined up for blue at 9:25pm. Everyone in front of us went down as close as possible to the water. Then people started lining up at the railing along the walk way going down. Right before the show started a few people came over behind us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter