World of Color Superthread

During the summer months what is the best day of week to see World Of Color?

It doesn't matter. Summer is always busy. And WoC has filled up on every busy day so far. Only a handful of days has it not.

Last summer... our family purchased the picnic lunches in order to skip the long wait for WOC fast passes. Can anybody speak to how long the wait is for WOC fastpasses on a busy day now (we will be there early August). Appreciate any insight. Thanks!

Last summer... our family purchased the picnic lunches in order to skip the long wait for WOC fast passes. Can anybody speak to how long the wait is for WOC fastpasses on a busy day now (we will be there early August). Appreciate any insight. Thanks!

After last summer it seemed to take about 30 minutes max. The frenzy went away and tons of people didn't show up first thing causing a line that was hard to get back down to a short wait.

If you dig back a few pages or look for posts by Disneyland1951, he/she posted data on a bunch of days describing how quickly tickets went.

During the summer months what is the best day of week to see World Of Color?

I called to make a WOC dinner package reservation a few weeks ago and asked which would be the easiest show to get a reservation for a month out and the CM quickly answered "Later Sunday." So that's what I went with :). He was one of the most helpful CMs I've ever talked to, so whatever he said I went with!! He pointed out that day trippers would be heading home for work the next day, which sounded like a pretty good theory to me.

Fastpasses are distributed in order:
1st show: Blue - Yellow - Red
2nd show: Blue - Yellow - Red

Current times, on a busy day.
1st show
9:00 - 9:40 Blue
9:40 - 10:25 Yellow
10:25 - 11:30 Red

On very slow days (not likely after May) fastpasses are available until late afternoon.
With Summer there will not be any slow days.

Estimate: On any busy day, whether there are one or two shows, you should plan to get fastpasses before 1:00pm. On an extremly busy day this summer they will probably add a third showl.

Ps... It is easy to talk to the beligered WOC Fastpass cast members. Just ask when they estimate when they will change shows. They are very nice and not used to be addressed politely.

Wait times to get a WOC Fastpass at GRR are usually 2-5 min, less than 10 minutes. Approx 2nd Show fastpass distrubution begins: 12:00 or a little earlier.

If you want to be sure to get 1st show Blue you need to get to the GRR Fastpass machines before 9:40. They open the Cal Adventure gates at 9:30. Line up at CA Entrance at 9:10-15am

Soaring Fastpasses usually begin at 9:30-:40, depending when the staff gets there to open the Soaring FP's.

Note: If you look at the lower right small print, it will show when it was issued.
WOCFastpassa.jpg

Thank-you Skingfast and Disney 1951 for your help. If the wait is now down to less than 10 minutes in the morning for the first show FP's does that mean that the some of the GRR FP machines are allocated to GRR or do they not switch over to GRR FP's until the WOC fastpasses are gone?

Thank-you Skingfast and Disney 1951 for your help. If the wait is now down to less than 10 minutes in the morning for the first show FP's does that mean that the some of the GRR FP machines are allocated to GRR or do they not switch over to GRR FP's until the WOC fastpasses are gone?
Read the OP. It has always been the case that WOC and GRR FPs get distributed in parallel at some point often mid-day.

Read the OP. It has always been the case that WOC and GRR FPs get dsitributed in parallel at some point often mid-day.

Thanks for the response Hydroguy. I have read all your stickies including the original post (and really appreciate them)...just thought, that with less of a line in the morning now, perhaps things had changed and they were distributing FP's in parallel all day or earlier in the day.:)

Thanks for the response Hydroguy. I have read all your stickies including the original post (and really appreciate them)...just thought, that with less of a line in the morning now, perhaps things had changed and they were distributing FP's in parallel all day or earlier in the day.:)
That would be nice! I have not heard of that happening. But maybe it will at some point.

Will anyone be sharing the "fire Hydrant spot" with me on June 23rd? We will hopefully be there watching our first WOC show at 9:00! Thanks for all of the tips- I hope they work out!

Will anyone be sharing the "fire Hydrant spot" with me on June 23rd? We will hopefully be there watching our first WOC show at 9:00! Thanks for all of the tips- I hope they work out!
Sorry, but we will be not be there that day. We will be there the day before! :banana:

Darn, we will be there the 26th. Have a great time. Would've been fun to share it with a fellow DISer!

Oooh!! We plan to watch WOC on June 23!! We thought we'd do the later show, but maybe we'll see you there! It will be our first time to see it, too. So excited!!

Oooh!! We plan to watch WOC on June 23!! We thought we'd do the later show, but maybe we'll see you there! It will be our first time to see it, too. So excited!!

How fun! We may end up at the later show as well- so we'll see. It will be me, DH, DD (11), and DD (9). Hope you have a great time!

We did WOC twice this past weekend 6/17 (9pm) & 6/18 (10:15) - both times we had Blue FP's and walked into the area about 15mins before show time. Both times we stood by the Hydrant.

Here's the view you can expect to get - this is the relativly new Pirates segment (in HD), shot on my little Sony TX1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_2omFWN7Vk

Andy

We will be at DLR next week and does it still hold true that the wait time for the later showing is not as long as the 1st show (9PM)? Also if we want FP's to the later show (10:15) what time to we head to DCA to get them? TIA!!!

We will be at DLR next week and does it still hold true that the wait time for the later showing is not as long as the 1st show (9PM)? Also if we want FP's to the later show (10:15) what time to we head to DCA to get them? TIA!!!

On Friday, 6/17 they started issuing 2nd show Blue at 11:50am. I am not sure about today, but 2nd show Yellow was still available at 3:20pm.

The lines to get a WOC Fastpass remain short, less than 5 minutes all day.:)

With it now being Summer (tomerrow) and many Annual Passholders blocked out, WOC fastpasses are available until late afternoon.

The wait time for each show remains the same, for the best spots show up 20 minutes before the earliest time on the WOC Fastpass (1-1.2 hours early).

NOTE: The Little Mermaid ride was down all afternoon!

Note: I didn't read all 18 pages of this thread for my question, so if has already been answered point me in that direction :)

Okay. So assuming i got my fastpass and was going to line up early so i could get a good spot, would my whole party (me + 1 adult, 3 kids) have to wait with me? The people I am going with will want to see WOC, but they don't appreciate the shows as much as i do and therefore will not care to wait in line for it for an hour(?)

So i guess what i am asking is, is there an actual roped off line? & what would you say about holding spots for others?

I suppose this is more of a ethics question. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter