World of Color Superthread

I'm truly sorry if this question has been asked and answered, as I will admit that I have not read all 80 pages of this thread. I did read the first post and the last 8 pages or so, though. I also attempted a search, but didn't find what I was looking for.

We will have one child under the age of 3 with us, so he will not have a park ticket, which means that we can't get him a WOC "fastpass", correct? I assume that you need one for every member of your group, but will they just let us through with him as they can clearly see that he's a baby (14 mos) as long as the other 15 of us have the fastpasses?

I am pretty sure that WOC is the only place that this is an issue because all of the other FP rides have height requirements, don't they?

I'm truly sorry if this question has been asked and answered, as I will admit that I have not read all 80 pages of this thread. I did read the first post and the last 8 pages or so, though. I also attempted a search, but didn't find what I was looking for.

We will have one child under the age of 3 with us, so he will not have a park ticket, which means that we can't get him a WOC "fastpass", correct? I assume that you need one for every member of your group, but will they just let us through with him as they can clearly see that he's a baby (14 mos) as long as the other 15 of us have the fastpasses?

I am pretty sure that WOC is the only place that this is an issue because all of the other FP rides have height requirements, don't they?

A child under 3 doesn't need a Fastpass. For rides or WOC.

This is all new to me as I have never been to DCA. Is it a long line to wait for Fast passes for World of Color? Should I get fast passes for another ride in DCA first and then head to Grizzly River Run for FP after?

Just not sure how to best go about this.

Thanks!

This is all new to me as I have never been to DCA. Is it a long line to wait for Fast passes for World of Color? Should I get fast passes for another ride in DCA first and then head to Grizzly River Run for FP after?

Just not sure how to best go about this.

Thanks!
No, there is virtually no wait for WOC FPs. Since getting WOC FPs has no impact on getting any other FPs, the only choice you have to make is which show you want to see (if there are two). First show FPs are given out first, then second show.

Just go over and get your FPs sometime during the morning.

:wizard:

Hi all, newbie here. :) I've been checking this thread periodically for some time now, but at the end of the day I'm still a little confused and am looking for some updated info...so I apologize if this is a redundant question!

We are considering a WOC dining package for our visit to DCA on 4/20. I understand that although CCR and WCT do have separate preferred dining viewing areas, it seems like the consensus is that you can ask the CM and they'll let you go pretty much wherever you want anyway, provided there's space.

My questions are:

1. How early do you guys suggest we show up nowadays if we have reserved viewing with a dining package from CCR? From WCT? With just a regular blue/yellow FP?

2. Any more thoughts on which of the "default" viewing areas for CCR or WCT you prefer? Seems like most people say the WCT area is better? (I understand that this is highly subjective and a matter of personal opinion, but I'd like to hear them anyway!)

Thanks everyone, these threads are such a great source of info and I appreciate all your insight and advice!

ok- so please tell me if I have this right or wrong...
Party is DH, me (uses a scooter) DS 10 and DD 13 (uses a wheelchair). Our original plan had been to eat at CCT- but it seems like that would be a waste for us. Is the hc viewing area a pretty good area with kids? Will my husband and son be able to be in the section with us? And we just need any fastpass to access that area, correct? Finally, how early would y'all recommend getting there for the hc section?
TIA!

My questions are:

1. How early do you guys suggest we show up nowadays if we have reserved viewing with a dining package from CCR? From WCT? With just a regular blue/yellow FP?

2. Any more thoughts on which of the "default" viewing areas for CCR or WCT you prefer? Seems like most people say the WCT area is better? (I understand that this is highly subjective and a matter of personal opinion, but I'd like to hear them anyway!)

Thanks everyone, these threads are such a great source of info and I appreciate all your insight and advice!
I have yet to see anything that differs from the OP advice that you need to arrive 75-90 minutes early if you want a view that is guaranteed to be good for people of all heights and/or for kids. Can you get away with less wait time on some nights? Yes. HTH. :)

Thanks for your reply, HydroGuy! Yeah, I think one of the main drivers as to whether or not we spring for the dining package is if it would save us a significant amount of waiting time for a good spot for WOC. If not, we might as well just save ourselves the money and pull a regular FP...

BTW, I'm a huge fan of "your work" on this site and have found all your tips enormously helpful! :)

Thanks for your reply, HydroGuy! Yeah, I think one of the main drivers as to whether or not we spring for the dining package is if it would save us a significant amount of waiting time for a good spot for WOC. If not, we might as well just save ourselves the money and pull a regular FP...
It will not save you time.

BTW, I'm a huge fan of "your work" on this site and have found all your tips enormously helpful! :)
:blush:

FYI, they are allowing Ariel's Grotto as a World of Color dinner package restaurant during this year's spring break period:

Disney California Adventure will be temporarily replacing the evening Princess celebration with a World of Color dinner package during the busy Spring Break period, 03/22/13 - 04/14/13. From 4/15/13 on, the Princess celebration will only be held Mondays through Thursdays evenings, with a World of Color dinner package available on the weekends. There are no changes to breakfast and lunch.

I started reading this thread again around page 60 or so the other day to get caught up, and now I can't remember where I left off.

Last August we had lunch at Carthay Circle and the CMs for WOC showed me to the reserved area in the back (marked CCT - Lunch? on the map), but said that we were welcome to move down front if we wanted. We stayed in that area and the view was great, took the whole thing in. We're heading back in about a month and I have lunch reservations at Carthay again. This time I REALLY want to be right down front, probably at the rails just behind the wet zone (and I'm willing to show up 1.5 hrs early too!).

Several pages back I read someone report that dinner reservations at Carthay had the option to choose where they wanted to stand, but lunch reservations did not and have to remain in the area shown by CMs. Is this still the case? If so, what time qualifies as a dinner reservation? I'm determined to get a spot down front :teeth:

We had dinner at Carthay the weekend before Thanksgiving (fairly crowded time). I was at the rope about 45 minutes before showtime. When the CM opened up the area, he told me I could go down to the rails and thats just what I did. I put a bag on one side for Dh and another on the other side for DD. They joined me about 20 minutes before showtime. I was by the stairs in the middle. Be aware that folks are able to fill in the stairwell at show time. The CMs made them sit. So if you have a great spot and someone walks onto the stairwell, dont freak out, they should be sitting down at showtime. Hope that helps!

We had dinner at Carthay the weekend before Thanksgiving (fairly crowded time). I was at the rope about 45 minutes before showtime. When the CM opened up the area, he told me I could go down to the rails and thats just what I did. I put a bag on one side for Dh and another on the other side for DD. They joined me about 20 minutes before showtime. I was by the stairs in the middle. Be aware that folks are able to fill in the stairwell at show time. The CMs made them sit. So if you have a great spot and someone walks onto the stairwell, dont freak out, they should be sitting down at showtime. Hope that helps!

45 minutes, that's good to know!

Mainly I'm wondering if I keep my lunch reservations at Carthay, can I still choose to move down front. If I can't do that with a lunch reservation, I'm willing to switch it to dinner (but I'd rather not).

I think with either lunch or dinner, because you still have to order two courses, they give you the same area...

Several pages back I read someone report that dinner reservations at Carthay had the option to choose where they wanted to stand, but lunch reservations did not and have to remain in the area shown by CMs. Is this still the case? If so, what time qualifies as a dinner reservation? I'm determined to get a spot down front :teeth:
I have never heard anyone report this. Whether lunch or dinner, you can go anywhere you want in the viewing area. If you show up 90 minutes early you can be down front. If you show up later it may or may not work depending on the night.

I have never heard anyone report this. Whether lunch or dinner, you can go anywhere you want in the viewing area. If you show up 90 minutes early you can be down front. If you show up later it may or may not work depending on the night.

Thanks. It was actually somewhere in this thread (past pg 61) that I read it....unless I'm just going crazy :p

edited to add...

Found it! When I read this the other day, had me worried a bit. I'm glad to see its not a common report. (and after reading several more pages, I see this was discussed quite a bit :blush: )

After speaking with a WoC team lead, we were told the following information:

-There are two “tiers” of reserved (WCT/CCT dinner and CCT lunch). According to the team lead, WCT are directed to the lower section and CCT lunch the upper; but, here’s the catch – CCT dinner reservations have carte blanche and can request to be placed in either location. CCT lunch can only go to the upper location. Dinner CCT can go to either location upon request. This in my opinion, is likely the biggest source of what’s causing the confusion between the differences of the two dining options. Many cast members simply direct all of the CCT guests to the upper zone and don't give the CCT dinner guests the option.​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter