• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

World of Color Superthread

I read that resort guests are allowed in the park 30 minutes early to get FP for WOC. Does this significantly impact getting a FP if you are not a resort guest? Or is that still even accurate? I know there is one hour early entry every day for resort guests to one park or the other. The day we are planning DCA is not an early entry for resort guests.

Even if it's still accurate, I'd be shocked if it kept you from getting a Blue FP for the first show if you want. It's not like a blue FP picked up at 9:30 AM is "better" than a blue FP picked up at 10 AM. Plus, on-site guests (and non-on-site guests) are probably rushing to Cars Land before getting WoC FPs anyway.

I read that resort guests are allowed in the park 30 minutes early to get FP for WOC. Does this significantly impact getting a FP if you are not a resort guest? Or is that still even accurate? I know there is one hour early entry every day for resort guests to one park or the other. The day we are planning DCA is not an early entry for resort guests.
That was true until June when DCA started opening two hours earlier than before. No longer the case.

The map above shows the current sections. The section you get does not really matter. What matters far more is that you get one of the good spots in whatever section you are in. And the only reason to do a picnic is if you are going to arrive late in the day and want to make sure you get a FP. Otherwise just get a regular FP.

We are going to be arriving late in the day, so I'm thinking we will be going the picnic route to get a FP. Are there very many good spots in the yellow section? Looks like there are only a couple starred spots. On our previous trip we had a fairly good spot in the blue section next to the rail above the water (although the kids view was blocked out by some adults who squeezed their way in front of them throughout the show. :mad:). My dh hasn't seen the show and I want to make sure we can see it fine.

Just back from a 3nt visit to DL and thought I'd report on my latest WOC experience.

I had CCR booked at 7:20pm, with the plan to get a preferred viewing spot for the 10:15pm show on Friday 9/14, but.......after hearing that the WCT package had better views, I changed my rezzies to WCT.

As I was dining solo, I decided to try and make the 9pm WOC show and the CM got me the FP. I walked over and was in my spot at the railing, just about show center, at 8:30pm. There were maybe 8-10 ppl there at that time. Over the next 20 mins this area filled in completely behind me.

dsc02504ah.jpg

I asked a CM about going down to the wet zone, but he said it was already full and I had a much better view from the railing than at the back of the wet zone.

Here's a pic taken after the show of the WCT area (The wet zone is immediately to the left of pic:

dsc02505g.jpg

Andy

What the? Am I reading/understanding this correctly? The far more expensive, with higher minimum purchase requirements Carthay Circle dining package, results in LESS desirable viewing areas than the less expensive Wine Country package?

Can this be true? And, if so, why? Just dumb!

Due to various negative reviews I don't really WANT to eat at Wine Country, though I would very much like to have superior viewing of World of Color, which I've never seen before. I also have a five-year-old and none of us is what you'd call even slightly tall, so good viewing positions will be a must.

I'm willing to pay for that better view but I'd also like to be able to enjoy the food that comes with that package.

This just makes no sense ... Unless I'm just totally misunderstanding something.

What the? Am I reading/understanding this correctly? The far more expensive, with higher minimum purchase requirements Carthay Circle dining package, results in LESS desirable viewing areas than the less expensive Wine Country package?

Can this be true? And, if so, why? Just dumb!

When I looked at both menus, WCT appeared more expensive.

When I looked at both menus, WCT appeared more expensive.

Not according to Disneyland itself which lists Wine Country as "$15 to $35.99 Per Person" under "Price Range" and Carthay Circle as "More Than $36 Per Person."

It is also clearly advertised and presented as the higher end of the two options AND requires additional minimums (appetizer or dessert purchase for each person at the table) than Wine Country, which offers a price fixe $39.99/adult menu for World of Color shows according to the Disney World of Color dining page. That page, by the way, does not mention Wine Country getting preferred seating, but that is what is shown on the map posted in this thread. In fact the page says (RE: Carthay Circle): "purchase one of the lunch or dinner combinations below to be eligible to receive a spot that grants you access to a Center Stage Viewing Area."

So, again, is it true that Wine Country patrons get a better viewing area and, if so, why? I am VERY confused.

It's very subjective. The CC area is on the line for best view, higher up and closer to the VIP area. Some would consider this the best view. I am 5'2" and would rather be on the front rail in the wet zone even though this is considered too close. I want no one in front of me and want to see the water surface as stuff happens there too.

But for WCT dinner + WOC, it's a Prixe Fix meal:

$39.99 adults
$20.99 children ages 3 to 9

You can easily spend over $30 on a single entree at Carthay. That doesn't include the required app/dessert or any kind of beverage (not required). Carthay is definitely more expensive than WCT.

I think Disney has a different idea about what the best spot is for WOC than many people here. I didn't find my Carthay spot at WOC to be very good, but opinions vary on what is best.

Having done both the CCR & WCT viewing areas in the past month, I can say that the WCT is the far better viewing experience IMHO.

CCR viewing is right of center, with the front screen hard to see. The middle and rear screens are ok.

By comparison WCT is on the centerline (more than the diagram makes out, when you line up the projectors).

Even at lunch?

The cheapest appetizer/soup is $11
The cheapest lunch entree is the pulled pork or meatballs @ $18.

So you're starting @ $29 min. In practice The numbers are closer to $15 + $25 for most of the items, so $40 is a more realistic minimum.

Even at lunch?

Well, I was comparing dinner at WCT to dinner at Carthay.

The cheapest appetizer/soup is $11
The cheapest lunch entree is the pulled pork or meatballs @ $18.

So you're starting @ $29 min. In practice The numbers are closer to $15 + $25 for most of the items, so $40 is a more realistic minimum.

But as AndyR noted even lunch at Carthay is going to be more expensive than dinner at WCT in most cases. And Carthay is a more elegant atmosphere and is the signature restaurant at DCA. WCT is much more casual.

Having done both the CCR & WCT viewing areas in the past month, I can say that the WCT is the far better viewing experience IMHO.

CCR viewing is right of center, with the front screen hard to see. The middle and rear screens are ok.

By comparison WCT is on the centerline (more than the diagram makes out, when you line up the projectors).

I think this is misleading and not accurate to what has been reported through countless posts here since the consolidating of the sections.

While it is true, there are 2 distinct areas right now for Preferred viewing Just a row down and to the right of where you enter, and then down in the center area where AndR was for his WCT viewing... They aren't 2 separate viewing areas. It is true, several people mentioned they were sent to the right with their CCR tickets, but some who had WCT dinner ressies were sent there as well. Others have reported that if instructed to go to the right, they simply asked to go to the center area AndyR mentioned, and there was no problem. Others have also mentioned they asked to go into the splash zone (blue ticket) area and were allowed to go if there was room.

Bottom line is you can go to the exact same area with WCT dinner as CCR lunch & dinner, they aren't separate areas for them. Now it does seem they may initially try to send you one way or another based on the restaurant, but you can pick whichever one you want. So pick whichever one you want to eat at for a preferred ticket, then get there early and tell them where you want to go :thumbsup2

I am quite jealous of Andy though... been to see it 2X in a month? Sweet!! :)

I think this is misleading and not accurate to what has been reported through countless posts here since the consolidating of the sections.

While it is true, there are 2 distinct areas right now for Preferred viewing Just a row down and to the right of where you enter, and then down in the center area where AndR was for his WCT viewing... They aren't 2 separate viewing areas. It is true, several people mentioned they were sent to the right with their CCR tickets, but some who had WCT dinner ressies were sent there as well. Others have reported that if instructed to go to the right, they simply asked to go to the center area AndyR mentioned, and there was no problem. Others have also mentioned they asked to go into the splash zone (blue ticket) area and were allowed to go if there was room.

Bottom line is you can go to the exact same area with WCT dinner as CCR lunch & dinner, they aren't separate areas for them. Now it does seem they may initially try to send you one way or another based on the restaurant, but you can pick whichever one you want. So pick whichever one you want to eat at for a preferred ticket, then get there early and tell them where you want to go :thumbsup2

Thank you for your response and I really (really!) hope this is true. Guess I'll hold on to our Carthay reservation and cross my fingers.

Thank you for your response and I really (really!) hope this is true. Guess I'll hold on to our Carthay reservation and cross my fingers.

Let us know how it all turns out. It really is a shame that Disney leaves it all up to discussions boards to try and figure their policy out... just tell us how you do it DIsney, we can take it :goodvibes

Let us know how it all turns out. It really is a shame that Disney leaves it all up to discussions boards to try and figure their policy out... just tell us how you do it DIsney, we can take it :goodvibes

I did see a CM with (gasp) a map of the sections when they were setting up the ropes. I should have tried to get a pic.

Exactly. It still might not exactly make sense but at least I'd know for sure what to actually expect. This cross your fingers and hope thing just doesn't really work for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter