World of Color Superthread

On Thursday night we noticed people in the holding areas 90 minutes prior to the show, really no earlier than that. We joined the holding area for those with dining reservations about one minute before they opened the viewing sections (60 min prior) and though there were people in front of us we were still able to get amazing spots. If we had joined the yellow or blue area at that time there would have been many many more people in front of us and I'm sure our view would not have been as good. If you have a fastpass for the yellow or blue area and location is important to you then I would suggesting showing up 90 minutes early still.

Thanks for the reconnaissance :)

On Thursday night we noticed people in the holding areas 90 minutes prior to the show, really no earlier than that. We joined the holding area for those with dining reservations about one minute before they opened the viewing sections (60 min prior) and though there were people in front of us we were still able to get amazing spots. If we had joined the yellow or blue area at that time there would have been many many more people in front of us and I'm sure our view would not have been as good. If you have a fastpass for the yellow or blue area and location is important to you then I would suggesting showing up 90 minutes early still.

Thank you for the recent info. Can you tell me if your amazing spot was on a rail position or were you tall enough to be OK in the second row? Were you in the WCT/Ariel dining section or Carthay Circle area? I am making plans for August and appreciate you sharing your experience with the new show.

Thank you for the recent info. Can you tell me if your amazing spot was on a rail position or were you tall enough to be OK in the second row? Were you in the WCT/Ariel dining section or Carthay Circle area? I am making plans for August and appreciate you sharing your experience with the new show.

We were in the WCT/Ariel dining section. We took the top of the stairs, which is the blue line you can see in this pic from page 1 of this thread. There was some room on the center rail but my mom is in her 60's and I knew she'd do better sitting on the steps vs sitting on the ground while we waited. Easier for her to get back up from a step especially since we sat right by the banister so she could use that to get up. Also I didn't want to get too wet so I figured the further away the better. DD8 didn't even have to stand on the top step to see. She stood on the next one down by DH the entire show. Though the spots on the rail did end up being 2 deep, maybe 3 deep in the very center, the area just really wasn't jammed packed like the other areas are. The steps didn't even fill up completely. The family agree'd that this is the best spot we've ever had for WOC and probably the only way we'll view it from now on. We could see everything perfectly.

ETA: DS was asleep in his stroller and we were allowed to bring him into the viewing area with us. We parked his stroller at the bottom of the steps and my mom stood behind his stroller. He slept peacefully through the entire show.

WOCOct2012preferreddining.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you very much for this information krisitie101. My friend and I are 66 and both under 5' tall and your post makes me feel better about being able to get a spot were we can get a good view.

Last edited:
Are the only Handicapped spots the ones marked on the map as being in the very back? DD and I will have reserved FPs ( we're doing the WCT lunch package). Is it elevated enough that I will have any chance of seeing everything from my wheelchair, or will I be blocked by people standing in front of me? We'll get there early, and I can always send DD down to the front elevated rail so she can have a good view. Neither of us have seen the show before.

So, I just found out that I will be heading to DL during the last week of August for my birthday :cool1: I am very short (5'3"), and seeing WOC is one of my top priorities this trip, so we've decided to splurge and do a dining package to increase our odds of getting a good spot.

Which restaurant do people prefer? I'm thinking of skipping Carthay Circle, simply because it is twenty dollars more per person than the other too. Also, if there are two showings, can you do lunch and still get a pass to the later showing?

So, I just found out that I will be heading to DL during the last week of August for my birthday :cool1: I am very short (5'3"), and seeing WOC is one of my top priorities this trip, so we've decided to splurge and do a dining package to increase our odds of getting a good spot.

Which restaurant do people prefer? I'm thinking of skipping Carthay Circle, simply because it is twenty dollars more per person than the other too. Also, if there are two showings, can you do lunch and still get a pass to the later showing?

Sorry to break it to you, but the dining package does not typically do much of anything to increase your chance at a good spot. Here is how you get a good spot for WOC:

- Know the good spots
- If possible explore the viewing area during the day when no one is there to get an idea of where the good spots are
- Arrive early (90 minutes)
- Get to your spot and hold onto it

Best of luck to you!

ETA: If you really want to dine at one of the WOC restaurants, I decided last summer to steer clear of Ariel's Grotto. So that leaves WCT or CCR. CCR is much more upscale and I would choose that if it fits you. Otherwise just choose WCT. My two cents.

:wizard:

Sorry to break it to you, but the dining package does not typically do much of anything to increase your chance at a good spot. Here is how you get a good spot for WOC:

- Know the good spots
- If possible explore the viewing area during the day when no one is there to get an idea of where the good spots are
- Arrive early (90 minutes)
- Get to your spot and hold onto it

Best of luck to you!

ETA: If you really want to dine at one of the WOC restaurants, I decided last summer to steer clear of Ariel's Grotto. So that leaves WCT or CCR. CCR is much more upscale and I would choose that if it fits you. Otherwise just choose WCT. My two cents.

Oh no, that is not what I wanted to hear :headache: I knew you still needed to get there early for the dining area, but I thought there were overall more "good" viewing spots than the FP section. I also thought you could get there more like 75 minutes with the dining area. Hmm, so would you recommend FP over a dining package? I don't want to pay extra money if it really offers no benefit.

Also, are they likely to be running two shows the last week of August? I've heard that most people have better luck at the second show.

11/30/2010 Update

Everyday the first show fastpasses run out between 10:45 on a busy day and 1:00pm on a slow day.
The second show Fastpasses run out as early as 1:00pm on a busy day and are available as late as 6:00pm on a slow day.

Apology if there are already recent updates that I couldn't find... but are the above times, on when FP would run out, still valid these days for WOC-C!
If the above still applies, on a summer weekday, I'm thinking I should be able to get 2nd show Yellow FP early to mid afternoon. Thanks guys!

Oh no, that is not what I wanted to hear :headache: I knew you still needed to get there early for the dining area, but I thought there were overall more "good" viewing spots than the FP section. I also thought you could get there more like 75 minutes with the dining area. Hmm, so would you recommend FP over a dining package? I don't want to pay extra money if it really offers no benefit.

Also, are they likely to be running two shows the last week of August? I've heard that most people have better luck at the second show.

You can often show up 75 minutes early for the dining section rather than 90 minutes. I personally still do 90 minutes. But there are not any more good viewing spots in that section than any other. I do not think it is worth it to buy an expensive meal to save maybe 15 minutes of waiting for WOC. Only do the dining if you want to eat at that restaurant anyways.

Seeing the second show usually does reduce the wait - it seems to 60 minutes. BUT - I have not seen the new WOC and demand is probably higher than the last few years so I have no idea if the second show is easier to see than the first.

HydroGuy, can you tell me the problem you had with Ariel's? Food? Service or something else? I had a bad service related experiance with WCT but that was several years ago soon after the show opened and the dining packages were new. I have an ADR for dinner at Ariel's but if things are seriously not up to par there I could give WCT another chance.

Is there anywhere that has the current prix fixe menus outlined? I looked on AllEars and those haven't been updated for a year. I can't seem to find a way to view them on the Disneyland website.

HydroGuy, can you tell me the problem you had with Ariel's? Food? Service or something else? I had a bad service related experiance with WCT but that was several years ago soon after the show opened and the dining packages were new. I have an ADR for dinner at Ariel's but if things are seriously not up to par there I could give WCT another chance.
You can read a little more here:

http://www.disboards.com/threads/thoughts-and-observations-from-late-july-trip.3313511

We have done AG/WOC 3-4 times in the past and always felt like we got pretty good food and service. Last summer I read a bunch of negative reviews of AG/WOC but went anyways. Then I found out why the reviews had been so bad. The food just was not very good for any of us. We had 5 or 6 in our group that night and everyone felt the same about the food. And the service was very poor. We were left for long periods with no service and empty after glasses.

I have dined at WCT a couple times and we always liekd the food. But we've never done WCT/WOC. We have done CCR/WOC twice and those were good experiences. I cannot recommend WCT/WOC as I have not tried it but the food there seemed fine in general so from a general point of view I would recommend it. CCR is for those who want the upscale/special experience sort of like BB.

HTH

I'm here at WOC. I booked the Carthay Circle lunch package. There's only one show tonight at 9pm. The CC section is empty an hour before.

The section for CC (using Kirstie101's image from her post above) is the back top row (which is elevated) and continues to the center of the concave steps. The steps are included in the space.

The other half of the steps and section mirroring the CC section is for yellow FP. The circle area in front of the concave steps (including the convex steps) are a mix of yellow and blue.

The yellow section in front of the CC section is handicap only.

The WCT and Ariel's dining package section is in front and to the side of the convex steps at the front of the circle.

The FP sections are sold out and are very crowded.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
I am really excited to see the new updated world of color I have not been to dl since 2014 24 hours of Disney I cant wait to hear NPH do the narrations!

IMO, it's not worth it to do dining packages for WOC. I've seen it each time with just a regular FP and lining up about 90 minutes in advance. At about the 2 hour mark you will find us lurking around the area, hitting a ride or two, waiting for the ropes to go up and line up to begin. Then one of us usually goes to find food. We eat while we wait. It has worked out well in the past. the main goal in getting a good spot is to be on the railing. For the dining section, it would be the same goal, but there is less railing, fewer people too, but still less railing.

Now, for my question -- is a blue or yellow FP preferred? Which one does the machine spit out first? Is there any strategy here other than make sure you get one early in the day before they run out? :)

IMO, it's not worth it to do dining packages for WOC. I've seen it each time with just a regular FP and lining up about 90 minutes in advance. At about the 2 hour mark you will find us lurking around the area, hitting a ride or two, waiting for the ropes to go up and line up to begin. Then one of us usually goes to find food. We eat while we wait. It has worked out well in the past. the main goal in getting a good spot is to be on the railing. For the dining section, it would be the same goal, but there is less railing, fewer people too, but still less railing.

Now, for my question -- is a blue or yellow FP preferred? Which one does the machine spit out first? Is there any strategy here other than make sure you get one early in the day before they run out? :)
IMO yellow is much better than blue. But blue is distributed first - at least if they are still doing things like they did last time I was there.

I totally agree with Hydroguy! The first two times we saw it it was in the blue section. The next time we got yellow, and that's what we've done ever since. Much better viewing, and somehow less of a crazy stampede.

IMO yellow is much better than blue. But blue is distributed first - at least if they are still doing things like they did last time I was there.

I totally agree with Hydroguy! The first two times we saw it it was in the blue section. The next time we got yellow, and that's what we've done ever since. Much better viewing, and somehow less of a crazy stampede.

I would add that if you do not get one of the better viewing spots it (based on height of party/kids/etc.) it does not matter whether you are blue or yellow or center reserved dining.

If you arrive early enough to gt one of the better spots, then the yellow section has a larger quantity of good spots to choose from.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter