World of color premiere seating

jennyh2829

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know about this? My in laws booked a lunch at Carthay Circle for WOC and they said there seats and a panoramic view and there would be food?

Your in laws were misinformed.
Read the first post in this thread...http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2542717
It will tell you everything you need to know about WOC (there are no seats...only standing), and the preferred dining options and viewing sections.
Lunch at Carthay Circle is fabulous, but it would not take place during the show.

Yes, as the PP stated, they got some bad info. There are no seats for the WOC show, and if you get a package at Carthay, you get the passes during your meal and come back to see the show later. You do not dine while watching.

Yes. We've done the package and I had never heard of this. Just wondering if it was something new. I knew about preferred viewing which is standing only. Thanks for the replies.

I did this last week. Very limited seating is available for those with physical issues that leave them unable to stand, but you need to arrive early to claim it. The cast members on hand will present you with a special access card for seats on the benches in the viewing area, and they'll take you at your word on whether standing would be a hardship.

We did the Carthay Circle package and got a bit caught by the seating for the physically limited area. We arrived early enough to be among the first, and took seating on one of the benches, not realizing they were reserved for the physically limited. Close to show time a CM came and asked us to move to make room for someone who could not stand for long, which ended up being that person and 2 family members who could stand taking up the entire bench. We were able to slide over and off the bench and still be on the rail, but then the CM asked us to move again to make room for someone with an electric scooter. This was all about 10min before the show, so the whole area was pretty well filled by then. Fortunately some kind folks let our kids stand with them against the railing, and my wife and I were tall enough to see from where we were ended up. But if I were to do it again, I would have gotten rail spots far from the benches instead so we wouldn't have been moved.

(Please note I have no problem at all with reserving those benches for those with physical issues! But I wish a CM would have told us of the risk of sitting there sooner, and that the perfectly healthy family members could have stood behind the bench instead of also sitting.)

We are going to Carthay Circle for lunch on a Friday. How early should I get to WOC for the early showing on a Friday? Do all family members need to be there to hold the spot or could my wife take my 9 and 3 year old boys on rides while I hold a viewing spot for us? Thanks.

We are going to Carthay Circle for lunch on a Friday. How early should I get to WOC for the early showing on a Friday? Do all family members need to be there to hold the spot or could my wife take my 9 and 3 year old boys on rides while I hold a viewing spot for us? Thanks.

We got there about 40min before the show, and I would do that again in order to get a railing spot for the kids. I think if we had tried just sending one person to attempt to save a premium space at the railing, it would have been awkward. I wouldn't do it myself.

We got there about 40min before the show, and I would do that again in order to get a railing spot for the kids. I think if we had tried just sending one person to attempt to save a premium space at the railing, it would have been awkward. I wouldn't do it myself.

Thanks. That's what I will probably do. It is going to be iffy that the 3 year old is able to stay up that late (still adjusting to 3 hour time difference, coming from Boston, son is not a napper), but thought it was worth a shot to try WOC as we only make it to DL every two or three years.

That would be unlikely to work. Short of standing spread eagle and flapping your arms to keep people at bay, there's not a good way to "claim" 4 people's worth of space with 1 body, nor does it sound like fun for your wife to try to push through to the front with 2 small kids. All the other people who waited in line and stood around to get their spots are probably not going to be keen on letting her move in front of them.

The way the viewing area is set up, people who want spots really need to be in them for the duration.

Hey there -
Can I hijack this thread for a similar question?
You all seem pretty knowledgable.:thumbsup2

We will be there in August when there are two shows per night.
Our kids are old enough to stay up for the later show.

What's the best strategy to get fast passes for the second show?
Is there a color section that is better?

Thanks!!:goodvibes

Hey there -

I'd be interested in this too!

Where can I find information about WOC lunch package at Carthay Circle? I have read many posts, and have learned a lot, but I want to confirm summer menu and summer costs. I need to book in 2 days.

I am glad I booked my lunch reservation online for CC. Not only was it a lot faster than trying to get through via phone, but the email response should also allow us to be grandfathered under the old plan which is an entree and either an app or desert for premium seating as stated in the confirmation. If you booked online I would recommend bringing a printout of the email confirmation to CC.

Around first week of November will they have one or two shows? Looking at about Nov 6-8. I would hope this is a slower time of year?

Hey there -

We were at the parks last week. We wanted FP for the second show. Mid morning we went to the FP area. They were still giving out passes for the early show. The CM there had us get FP from the machines, then took them and hand wrote us a FP for the second show. There are good spots in both blue and yellow. We lined up for the second show about a half hour before the second show, and we were second in line. We had great spots. We were in the wet zone, but up a little from the wooden boardwalk area, and we were right at the railing. We got a little misted, but not bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter