• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

World of Color Preferred Viewing Dining Reviews: Ariel's vs. WCT!

lurkyloo - That is my family in the AG indoor dining shot. Pink shirt and a table full of boys.

We really enjoyed our meal at AG. Our service was only slow when it came to paying our check and getting our FP for the show. My kids only seem to have an attention span for eating and when they are done, they want to bolt. This was our first trip to AG & to DL for that matter. Loved AG. We all had the tri tip. Mine was slightly pink, which was perfect for me and my DH & DS had theirs I would say med-well, which is right up their alley.

The show was amazing. We were in the circle part of the preferred dining standing. Perfect spot.

Oh, and we had 5 pm ressies and while we were waiting our 10 minutes for our buzzer to go off, there were 3 walk-ins that they took. 1 of them had no clue what world of color was. They ended up behind us for the show, which wasn't a good place for them because DH and I are over 6' tall and these people were not. They complained the whole time. They came kind of late to the show too.
Definately plan to be at the gates at 7.

The table next to us was complaining that there were no princesses at dinner. Like seriously complaining. I don't know if they were misled that there were going to be or what, but the guy was pretty upset.

Sarah

Thank you so much for posting the AG review and the new WOC viewing areas. That photo with the "Blue", "Yellow" and "Preferred Dining" sections layered over it really helped me get an idea of where everything is. We are making reservations for the WOC package at AG this Saturday for our trip in August and I feel much more prepared now.

Thanks again! :goodvibes

Sorry if this question is totally obsurd. Do you have to have a FP or dining package to see this show? I mean can you just hang back somewhere?

is the WOC picnic area in one of these colors or is that a different location???
WOCColorMapPic.jpg

Oh, and we had 5 pm ressies and while we were waiting our 10 minutes for our buzzer to go off, there were 3 walk-ins that they took. 1 of them had no clue what world of color was. They ended up behind us for the show, which wasn't a good place for them because DH and I are over 6' tall and these people were not. They complained the whole time. They came kind of late to the show too.
Definately plan to be at the gates at 7.

Hi, neighbor! :wave2: Wow, that's interesting to hear about the walk-ins, considering the Dining Line people are assuring all of us that no walk-ins will be allowed to swipe our preferred viewing tickets out from under us. So far, just about NOTHING they've told me has turned out to be true!

Thank you so much for posting the AG review and the new WOC viewing areas. That photo with the "Blue", "Yellow" and "Preferred Dining" sections layered over it really helped me get an idea of where everything is. We are making reservations for the WOC package at AG this Saturday for our trip in August and I feel much more prepared now.

Thanks again!

Glad it's helpful! I just don't know if Disney will continue tweaking it or if that's pretty much the way it'll be. Guess we'll have to go back!

Sorry if this question is totally obsurd. Do you have to have a FP or dining package to see this show? I mean can you just hang back somewhere?

The only way to get a view of the whole show with all its effects, from the front, is to get a FASTPASS, a picnic, or a dining package, unfortunately. Walk-ups are directed to Paradise Pier to watch the show from behind. They won't let you stand on the bridge cuz that's where Orange FASTPASS holders go. But I have seen people clustered at the back of Paradise Park and near that red tower thingy at the mouth of the bridge, so maybe Disney doesn't make you keep moving like they do for fireworks on Main Street, U.S.A.

is the WOC picnic area in one of these colors or is that a different location???
WOCColorMapPic.jpg

Picnic purchasers get FASTPASSES for the yellow and blue sections in the picture. I think it's prolly the absolute best, cheapest way to see the show.

Thanks for the great review. Do you know where the wheelchair seating is. I can not stand or walk and would not be able to see over anyone in the standing area. We have reservations at WCT and at AG.

Thanks

Well, they have a section at the very back reserved for wheelchairs, but there were also two people in wheelchairs in our area of the preferred dining section. One was at the rope barrier facing the walkway on the left side of the area, so he had an unobstructed view. The other was right behind us, so we moved over so she could be right up against the railing. She said she could see really well!

I think, if you want to be closer than the designated wheelchair section, the trick is to get there early and stake out a spot. The front of preferred viewing is great because it is above the heads of people in the waterfront section. :thumbsup2

Picnic purchasers get FASTPASSES for the yellow and blue sections in the picture. I think it's prolly the absolute best, cheapest way to see the show.

Well, they have a section at the very back reserved for wheelchairs, but there were also two people in wheelchairs in our area of the preferred dining section.

Weird...we ended up going with the picnic meals only & when I told the CM we had the picnic/BLUE FP we ended up in the very back behind the designated wheelchair area :confused3

Oh no! Well, on Saturday there were people with picnics all over the blue and yellow areas in front of us.

I hate how every CM gives you a different answer—do they not have training for this? My tack is to just keep asking different CMs the same question until I hear the answer I want! :rotfl:

I need to butt in here and ask what time this thing starts, and is it every night? Can you book something other than a dinner package to see this for a preferred view? We want to eat at Napa Rose as opposed to in the park. We are only in for two nights and want to get our fill of Napa Rose both nights.

The only way to do that is get in line when the park opens and take your chances on the FPs. Actually you might want to see the second show if you're dining at Napa Rose, so get in line somewhat after the park opens so the machines are distruting 10:15 FPs when you get there. Then you can have a nice dinner and get in line around 8:00-8:30, but you take your chances on the view.

Thanks. So there are two shows. Gotcha. Wizarding World of Harry Potter is much worse! LOL. This sounds like a cakewalk compared to that. So, does the park ever get to capacity with this new show? Is it not like IllumiNations where one can pretty much stand anywhere and watch it? Sorry for the twenty questions, but just trying to get prepared.

Thanks. So there are two shows. Gotcha. Wizarding World of Harry Potter is much worse! LOL. This sounds like a cakewalk compared to that. So, does the park ever get to capacity with this new show? Is it not like IllumiNations where one can pretty much stand anywhere and watch it? Sorry for the twenty questions, but just trying to get prepared.

I can speak with more authority after I see it tomorrow night for the first time from inside the park! :cool1:

We will be there in a week and I would love to hear any recent reviews. We will have the dinner package at Ariel's. The boys are happy there will be no princesses. :rotfl:

I can speak with more authority after I see it tomorrow night for the first time from inside the park! :cool1:

Do DVC members get access to the Fastpass before the general public? If so which color section are they for?

We got to the preferred viewing around 8pm and ended up in the blue section. That was fine but we couldn't see much because of the people putting their kids on their shoulders.(no offense). Also the kids won't be able to see it if they are in the back. The dinner was over 100.00 for two and not worth it. I don't want to discouge anyone from having food and a good time but if this is what your gonna splurge on I wouldn't, you may get disppointed. Next time we are just gonna fast pass it and spend the money where we can enjoy a better meal. Napa Rose or Steakhouse 55. Hope this helps!

I don't know if DCA has ever gotten to capacity, but on nights when Annual Passholders are not blocked out, it's EXTREMELY crowded.

It is not like IllumiNations because if you walk up without a FASTPASS or a dining/picnic package, you are going to have to watch it from the back side, in Paradise Pier or from so far back behind the reserved sections that you can't really see anything. I like how low-pressure IllumiNations is—you can pretty much walk up right before showtime and still have an OK view. So far this doesn't seem to be the case with WOC...

Do DVC members get access to the Fastpass before the general public? If so which color section are they for?

Not for being DVC members, but if you are staying at the Grand Californian, you can get into the park about 30 minutes early to get your FASTPASS at the machines by using the special GC entrance into DCA.

However, what color FASTPASS you get is all luck of the draw—you may still get the red section.

in looking at this picture it seems there are not that many railing places (sprayed pink) that would be good for a kid to see the show in the green preferred dining area. Can anyone who's been there comment?

It seems the yellow FP has the most options for good railing spots. See area I have sprayed orange. Blue also seems to have many (also sprayed orange.). Do those who've been there agree that any of those orange railing spots would be good?

I'm wondering if the changes of getting a railing spot with a blue or yellow FP are better than with the dining package? Or are they still packing them into the FP area and leaving the dining less packed?

WOCColorMapPic.jpg

P.S. Thanks to lurkyloo for a great, detailed review!

I would love to know this too. SO far, I am not impressed with the preferred dining area. It does look like the yellow FP have been spots right up front, and if I would have gotten there and seen that, I would have been mad. Especially if those people in that front area started putting kids up on their shoulders. The height difference at the front of the preferred viewing doesn't look THAT high.

I might just take my luck with the picnic meals to be in the very front....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter