• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

World of color dessert party?!

We're freshly back from Cali and I wanted to add my voice to those who loved the dessert party. It was SO NICE being able to sit, eat and drink while enjoying WOC. It was absolutely worth the money for me. It was my first time seeing WOC and I don't know if I'll be able to do it any other way in the future.

I agree wholeheartedly with the poster above! ^^

Just back from my first trip to Disneyland. Did the WOC Dessert Party and I was sooooooo happy to be sitting, especially when I saw FP holders standing and waiting for an hour+ (!!!) before the show started. It was wonderful to be sitting and eating! When I first saw the desserts in photos on these boards, I was not terribly excited about them, but everything was really pretty good! And I loved the bread, cheese and grapes.

I really enjoyed WOC overall. They view we had was spectacular. If I see the show again I will absolutely book the dessert party. (But if I'm being really honest... Paint the Night and Disneyland Forever blew my freaking mind and, while I did really enjoy WOC, I probably won't be in a hurry to see it again unless they change it or unless I am with someone who hasn't seen it before.)

I'm confused! Lol I keep hearing about desert parties at Disneyland, but can only find info about the dessert parties there. Where are the desert parties at man? Do they have camels to ride too? Cabana boys? Come on man......like what gives?

Lol. :) :faint: :)

Just got back to the hotel after doing this and I am not sure how I can ever watch WoC any other way.

Today was VERY busy and there were at least 2 empty tables and I had mine to myself (party of 1). There were also several party of 2 by themselves.

FYI- the "blue drink" is apparently called the World of Cooler and is vodka, lemonade, blue curacao, & sprite. It is YUMMY. Not very strong (just like most of the drinks at DCA.)

Just got back to the hotel after doing this and I am not sure how I can ever watch WoC any other way.

Today was VERY busy and there were at least 2 empty tables and I had mine to myself (party of 1). There were also several party of 2 by themselves.

FYI- the "blue drink" is apparently called the World of Cooler and is vodka, lemonade, blue curacao, & sprite. It is YUMMY. Not very strong (just like most of the drinks at DCA.)

On the night we were there it was a sold-out party and I was still comfortable, even though we were sharing our table with another couple. My preference probably would have been to have our own table, but even when full it doesn't feel crowded. Although I usually hate making small-talk it was kind of nice have another couple to chat with while we waited for the show to start. I'm glad you enjoyed it as much as I did. :)

Booked this for Saturday night of Memorial Day - the not having to stand in line alone is worth it. I paid $99 a person for the Villian Soiree at WDW in 2014 and would pay it again if offered. Taking just the wife and I - little date night in the middle of the chaos - I mean fun

Is the plate of food any different for kiddos? I'm planning to do this with my family so, 4 adults and one 4 year old, and I'm fine with the cost (well, as fine as I can be with the cost) but looking at the plates of food i'm seeing online, my picky 4 year old will maybe eat the yellow cheese and the grapes. Just curious if they typically serve something different to younger children.

My fiance called today, bc we are looking at a WOC dining package for our trip in July (and I'm looking at this as a surprise!), and Disney said they do not have entertainment schedules finalized yet past July 2.

Is the plate of food any different for kiddos? I'm planning to do this with my family so, 4 adults and one 4 year old, and I'm fine with the cost (well, as fine as I can be with the cost) but looking at the plates of food i'm seeing online, my picky 4 year old will maybe eat the yellow cheese and the grapes. Just curious if they typically serve something different to younger children.

My understanding is NO. The deserts are the same. The kids get a special World of Color glowing cup to keep but the same desserts.

We just went on Sunday evening. My plan was to stand in line for the dessert party around 7:30. We were starving so we though we could grab a cozy cone and then head over. We ended up getting in line closer to 7:45 and had about 10 parties in front of us. So word of advice, stand in line on the earlier side. We were taken to our seat around 8:10 and it was pretty speedy. We just missed having the option to sit at a high table in the front rows and ended up with a high table (we could also sit front row at a lower table) in the second row but all the way at the end. It ended up being perfect because we were smack dab in the middle and faced directly forward at the Mickey on the ferris wheel. I loved the show much more than I thought. I had only seen it on YouTube and was somewhat unimpressed but I wanted to sit for the show (and super happy because we were tired from walking the 16 miles up to that point). IT was the best $79 I have spent for a dessert event... even better than the dessert party for Wishes at the Magic Kingdom. We didn't share a table with anyone else and service was great. We had a great waiter and were right next to the pop-up bar. We had two glasses of champagne and hot chocolate. We did get wet from a few sprinkles due to the wind that night. The food was good, they will give you a box to go and let you sit and relax while the crowds leave after WOC ends. It was really nice to know that we would be able to see the entire show and not be bummed if a tall person stood in front of us (we are only 5'3 and 5'5). If you are on the fence, I say just do it! It made the night more magical.

We just went on Sunday evening. My plan was to stand in line for the dessert party around 7:30. We were starving so we though we could grab a cozy cone and then head over. We ended up getting in line closer to 7:45 and had about 10 parties in front of us. So word of advice, stand in line on the earlier side. We were taken to our seat around 8:10 and it was pretty speedy. We just missed having the option to sit at a high table in the front rows and ended up with a high table (we could also sit front row at a lower table) in the second row but all the way at the end. It ended up being perfect because we were smack dab in the middle and faced directly forward at the Mickey on the ferris wheel. I loved the show much more than I thought. I had only seen it on YouTube and was somewhat unimpressed but I wanted to sit for the show (and super happy because we were tired from walking the 16 miles up to that point). IT was the best $79 I have spent for a dessert event... even better than the dessert party for Wishes at the Magic Kingdom. We didn't share a table with anyone else and service was great. We had a great waiter and were right next to the pop-up bar. We had two glasses of champagne and hot chocolate. We did get wet from a few sprinkles due to the wind that night. The food was good, they will give you a box to go and let you sit and relax while the crowds leave after WOC ends. It was really nice to know that we would be able to see the entire show and not be bummed if a tall person stood in front of us (we are only 5'3 and 5'5). If you are on the fence, I say just do it! It made the night more magical.

Thanks for the review. I have been on the fence about this as we have done the Wishes party at Magic Kingdom several times along with the Hallowishes one. We always enjoyed them but really enjoyed being able to get what we wanted at dessert bar. My daughter ends up with a plate full of the chocolate covered strawberries. The plated party just seems expensive for what you get but I guess it is more about sitting and enjoying the show instead of desserts.

Thanks for the review. I have been on the fence about this as we have done the Wishes party at Magic Kingdom several times along with the Hallowishes one. We always enjoyed them but really enjoyed being able to get what we wanted at dessert bar. My daughter ends up with a plate full of the chocolate covered strawberries. The plated party just seems expensive for what you get but I guess it is more about sitting and enjoying the show instead of desserts.

Yes it was nice to pick our desserts for the Wishes party, but the selection for me was good. I loved all the cheese, grapes and bread. I didn't eat many of the sweets, but my sister did and ate some of mine :) I had 3 churros that day earlier so missing sweets didn't hurt. I think for us we loved the table, resting our feet for about an hour and a half and having the view. We were comfortable and able to chat with eachother through the show and know we weren't bothering anyone. We had our picture taken a few times by the cast members and just all-in-all enjoyed the whole thing from start to finish. For all of that, it was worth it for us as a special treat. Because we only go to Disney once every 3-4 years we felt it was worth it.

I will say the child drink in the light-up glass was awesome! It glows in the dark and syncs with the music. Pretty cool!

Yes it was nice to pick our desserts for the Wishes party, but the selection for me was good. I loved all the cheese, grapes and bread. I didn't eat many of the sweets, but my sister did and ate some of mine :) I had 3 churros that day earlier so missing sweets didn't hurt. I think for us we loved the table, resting our feet for about an hour and a half and having the view. We were comfortable and able to chat with eachother through the show and know we weren't bothering anyone. We had our picture taken a few times by the cast members and just all-in-all enjoyed the whole thing from start to finish. For all of that, it was worth it for us as a special treat. Because we only go to Disney once every 3-4 years we felt it was worth it.

You are making me want to do this after we already decided it was too much money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great review Manda_Lizabeth! Thanks for sharing. We plan to line up early so we can get a high top.

Do you tip your server at the end of the night? We did at the Fantasmic! Dessert seating and she seemed surprised. Just wondering what the etiquette is.

I can confirm the plates are the same whether it's for an adult or a child. It's a big plate, though, so I don't think a 4yo would ever eat all of it whether the items were all to their liking or not. My 10yo ate everything, but my 7yo ate cheese, bread, and a couple of the desserts only (the macaron and the dulce de leche cookie). He's a big eater, but still, that was enough for him; he's picky about desserts too b/c he doesn't have much of a sweet tooth. We took his leftovers to go and DD and I had them for breakfast. They do have good child-friendly drink options - both had sparkling cider and water (the latter in the glow cups, which are awesome), DD had hot chocolate, and DS chugged his cider so fast that the waitress noticed and brought him back a much larger cup. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter