working on our ADR list (updated in last post - at 100 days out finally snagged ROL!!!)

We are trying to make our choices too but it's still a while until we can book them for us. I'm reluctant to go back to T-Rexsince our waitress last time tripped up and completely soaked our son from head to toe in soda I mean he was dripping wet! All we got was an apology and a slight discount off the bill offered ( we were on the dining plan so that was useless). Something practical would have been better like a free dry t-shirt for the lad to wear for the rest of the day. That never happened. It ruined our enjoyment of the meal since all we kept thinking of was getting back to the room so he could shower and change clothing. The food was good just delayed because the kitchen was overwhelmed at the time.

We are trying to make our choices too but it's still a while until we can book them for us. I'm reluctant to go back to T-Rexsince our waitress last time tripped up and completely soaked our son from head to toe in soda I mean he was dripping wet! All we got was an apology and a slight discount off the bill offered ( we were on the dining plan so that was useless). Something practical would have been better like a free dry t-shirt for the lad to wear for the rest of the day. That never happened. It ruined our enjoyment of the meal since all we kept thinking of was getting back to the room so he could shower and change clothing. The food was good just delayed because the kitchen was overwhelmed at the time.

that would ruin it for me for sure..
and you're right, a tshirt would have been an appropriate apology!!
we have about 5 days to go i think before our ADR window opens..
i'm getting sooooooooooooooooooooooooo nervous!!
i guess i'll try to go for BOG and cindy first ...oh and the fantasmic dinner package...

i did a draft schedule the other day and i couldn't fix t-rex in, so i'll probably leave that out anyway...
we'll probably just pop in and check it out ...
i think it will be too loud for a 1 and 3 year old

We had narrowed our options down then the menus changed for Garden Gill dinner which has changed to pot roast and turkey and they seem to have removed the beef and fish. We have not dined at GG in about ten years due to the menu changes over those years. I'm waiting to see if they change the menu again in April when we need to book our ADRs.
So far we have a few ideas the include:-
Big Rvier Grill & Brewing Works
ESPN
Cape May Cafe
Beaches and Cream
Captain's Grill
Yachtsman Steakhouse
ABC Commissary
Backlot Express
The Plaza Restaurant
Columbia Harbour House
Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe
Be Our Guest
Liberty Tree Tavern
Casey' Corner
The Crystal Palace
Yak and Yeti
Flame Tree BBQ
House of Blues
T-Rex
The Boat House
Biergarten
Nine Dragons
Teppan Edo
Tokyo Dining
Tutti Italia
Via Napoli
Sunshine Seasons
1900 Park Fare
Grand Floridian Cafe
Californian Grill
Artist Point
O'hana
Captain Cooks
Kona Cafe
Trails End Buffet
Roaring Forks
Now let's see how many changes there will be.I tend to change plans before being satisfied with the planned days in the parks. I need to see the predicted crowd level forecasts (for peace of mind) to choose where and when to go. From there I can plan FP+ and dining locations and times for my lot:)

We had narrowed our options down then the menus changed for Garden Gill dinner which has changed to pot roast and turkey and they seem to have removed the beef and fish. We have not dined at GG in about ten years due to the menu changes over those years. I'm waiting to see if they change the menu again in April when we need to book our ADRs.
So far we have a few ideas the include:-
Big Rvier Grill & Brewing Works
ESPN
Cape May Cafe
Beaches and Cream
Captain's Grill
Yachtsman Steakhouse
ABC Commissary
Backlot Express
The Plaza Restaurant
Columbia Harbour House
Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe
Be Our Guest
Liberty Tree Tavern
Casey' Corner
The Crystal Palace
Yak and Yeti
Flame Tree BBQ
House of Blues
T-Rex
The Boat House
Biergarten
Nine Dragons
Teppan Edo
Tokyo Dining
Tutti Italia
Via Napoli
Sunshine Seasons
1900 Park Fare
Grand Floridian Cafe
Californian Grill
Artist Point
O'hana
Captain Cooks
Kona Cafe
Trails End Buffet
Roaring Forks
Now let's see how many changes there will be.I tend to change plans before being satisfied with the planned days in the parks. I need to see the predicted crowd level forecasts (for peace of mind) to choose where and when to go. From there I can plan FP+ and dining locations and times for my lot:)

thanks for the heads up on garden grill!!! we were planning on the fish...i'm going to go check the menu...

we're also going to try for beaches and cream ...i think i left that off our list...
i switched it out for t-rex, which i think will be too noisy for the kidlets...
although beaches and cream is also noisy, it's not as bad as t-rex...

i see you've also included your counter service locations..
our likely counter service meals include the following:
Earl of Sandwich
Artist's Palette
Cosmic Rays
Columbia Harbour House
Sunshine Seasons
Tangierine Cafe

i'm sure we'll repeat at all of them..

Booked the first 10 days of our ADR's this morning (eventually, following my credit card provider blocking my card midway through because of the number of overseas transactions going through in quick succession, me managing to book two tables for today then having to call the Dining number in Florida to cancel and beg them not to charge me the late cancellation fee and the WDW website blocking me for half an hour...)

We've gone for:

1900 Park Fare (dinner)
Tusker House (breakfast)
Biergarten (dinner)
Splitsville (dinner and bowling) - not sure on this one but options in Disney Springs were a bit limited
Sci - Fi Drive in (dinner)
Spirit of Aloha dinner show
Via Napoli (dinner)
1900 Park Fare (breakfast)
Grand Floridian Café (dinner)
Rose & Crown (dinner to co-incide with Illuminations)

to book one the days show on the planner:

Yak & Yeti
Cape May (breakfast and dinner)

Got some ideas for quick service:

Flame Tree BBQ
Yak & Yeti
Columbia House

Anyone want to critique / advise / share opinions?
The girls are quite plain eaters really but will try Indian, some Chinese, some Mexican dishes.

I'm surprised that we're not doing any Signatures this trip but other than Wolfgang Puck none of the menus blew us away.

Booked the first 10 days of our ADR's this morning (eventually, following my credit card provider blocking my card midway through because of the number of overseas transactions going through in quick succession, me managing to book two tables for today then having to call the Dining number in Florida to cancel and beg them not to charge me the late cancellation fee and the WDW website blocking me for half an hour...)

We've gone for:

1900 Park Fare (dinner)
Tusker House (breakfast)
Biergarten (dinner)
Splitsville (dinner and bowling) - not sure on this one but options in Disney Springs were a bit limited
Sci - Fi Drive in (dinner)
Spirit of Aloha dinner show
Via Napoli (dinner)
1900 Park Fare (breakfast)
Grand Floridian Café (dinner)
Rose & Crown (dinner to co-incide with Illuminations)

to book one the days show on the planner:

Yak & Yeti
Cape May (breakfast and dinner)

Got some ideas for quick service:

Flame Tree BBQ
Yak & Yeti
Columbia House

Anyone want to critique / advise / share opinions?
The girls are quite plain eaters really but will try Indian, some Chinese, some Mexican dishes.

I'm surprised that we're not doing any Signatures this trip but other than Wolfgang Puck none of the menus blew us away.

do they actually charge your card when you make the ADR? not looking forward to that if they do!!

you have a nice list!!!

we haven't tried splitsville, but it got a good review on the podcast video review of it...
i'll see if i can find the link for you..

do they actually charge your card when you make the ADR? not looking forward to that if they do!!

you have a nice list!!!

we haven't tried splitsville, but it got a good review on the podcast video review of it...
i'll see if i can find the link for you..

Thank you :-)

I think that they just hold the charge on the card rather than actually process a transaction. I hope so or February will be expensive!

We have enjoyed breakfast at Tusker House & 1900 Park Fare, both were really good. Also dinner at Via Napoli (if you forget about the drink spilt in my nephew, otherwise very enjoyable!). Also, been to spirit of Aloha, I think the kids enjoy it, the fire dancer was good. At Christmas we went to HDDR and that was a good night too.

As Beth said I'm not sure about your cc, we had to pay in advance for HDDR, but I think that was the only 1.

I hope you enjoy your choices :goodvibes

Im doing the dining plan when we go in October and I just wanted to check a couple of things if that's ok:
Is Cinderellas table only 1 table credit?
Also, is the Hollywood & fine fantasmic dinner again only 1 table credit or 2?
Thank you

We've done the breakfast at 1900 and Tusker, and Cape May previously and all 3 were must do for the children!

As were 1900 Cinderella dinner and Rose and Crown is a given for the fireworks.

Our choices are much more driven by the children's tastes this time out as it's the first time they are eating from adult menus as opposed to kids menus. Everything else is new so really hoping that feedback is good :-)

Im doing the dining plan when we go in October and I just wanted to check a couple of things if that's ok:
Is Cinderellas table only 1 table credit?
Also, is the Hollywood & fine fantasmic dinner again only 1 table credit or 2?
Thank you

Cinderella's is 2 credits.
Hollywood and Vine Fantasmic package is 1 credit.

We've done the breakfast at 1900 and Tusker, and Cape May previously and all 3 were must do for the children!

As were 1900 Cinderella dinner and Rose and Crown is a given for the fireworks.

Our choices are much more driven by the children's tastes this time out as it's the first time they are eating from adult menus as opposed to kids menus. Everything else is new so really hoping that feedback is good :-)

With your kids in mind, have you considered more character meals, like Garden Grill, The Crystal Palace, Aukersuesh (have no idea how to spell that...)?

With your kids in mind, have you considered more character meals, like Garden Grill, The Crystal Palace, Aukersuesh (have no idea how to spell that...)?

Akerhus :) and yes, that's a nice character meal with the princesses in a pretty setting..

just looked at the calendar.....tick tick tick.....seems that we're 6 days from d-day....

I loved Akerhaus last time we were in the world but the girls still have nightmares over the traditional Norwegian rice dessert!
The food is just not their thing albeit I loved the seafood buffet :-)

3 credits left? then chose Ohana, Ohana and Ohana.
We loved O'hana for breakfast, the service was wonderful the characters interaction was priceless ( and where else can you catch Pluto pretending to have a cup of coffee at the table behind you;) so was Chef Mickey's (even when Goofy in his chefs whites had a collision with a chair ouch!). We enjoyed our meal at 1900 Park Fare too. It's a little different to the norm but the food was great, Crystal Palace is always good any time. We've even enjoyed Hoop de Doo Revue which was a hoot no Disney characters but great song and dance numbers with awesome guest interactions the food is tasty and you can even get the chicken from the to go window at Trails End Buffet if you enjoy it as much as us.

Thank goodness there's a final list of restaurants taking Park with the Disney Dining Plan now available online for this year. My family is very happy to see all the options we wanted to try, we try to mix things up a bit yet include everyone's palates and preferences.

I loved Akerhaus last time we were in the world but the girls still have nightmares over the traditional Norwegian rice dessert!
The food is just not their thing albeit I loved the seafood buffet :-)

LOL...I remember that dessert. DH and I felt bad because our waiter told us how much he loves it and that he always dreams of eating it when he gets back home, so we forced ourselves to eat it so as not to offend...it's pretty gross!! The food there is definitely not the best, but we thought the experience was worth it.

LOL...I remember that dessert. DH and I felt bad because our waiter told us how much he loves it and that he always dreams of eating it when he gets back home, so we forced ourselves to eat it so as not to offend...it's pretty gross!! The food there is definitely not the best, but we thought the experience was worth it.

ha ha, that was what we did too.
The girls aren't as Princess focused as they were last trip but they are now a very sophisticated 13 year old and a getting older by the day 11 year old. And they'll be another 6 months on from this when we arrive.
I'm hoping that, to a large extent, we'll do the majority of our character meet and greets in the restaurants to free up park time.
Although I will need to hunt down my namesake :-)

ha ha, that was what we did too.
The girls aren't as Princess focused as they were last trip but they are now a very sophisticated 13 year old and a getting older by the day 11 year old. And they'll be another 6 months on from this when we arrive.
I'm hoping that, to a large extent, we'll do the majority of our character meet and greets in the restaurants to free up park time.
Although I will need to hunt down my namesake :-)

You can dance with her at the character dance party in magic kingdom, if that's still happening :)

we have either 1 or 2 days to go before we have to make our ADRs (well the first 10 days of our ADRs) -
it's not clear to me from my MDE whether i'm 1 or 2 days away....
but for sure we're awfully close!!
tick tock.....we have to finalize....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter