working at WDW

Horizons1

Mouseketeer
im 23 yr old guy, about to turn 24, and seriously thinking about leaving NYC behind and moving to florida to work at WDW. Does anyone know if there are alot of kids our age that work in WDW and aren't in the CP? I only hear about the CP and never about plain full-time workers in their 20's working there.

Anyone around my age and working down there full-time? How do you like it? Do you make alot of friends our age without being in the CP? Is it still fun? or am I going to be lonely, twiddling my thumbs on my lunch break? be honest, let me know what you guys think.

I am 21 and I am working down here for the summer. But to answer your question there are a fair number of people in there mid 20's to early 30's working down here full time.

As for you being lonely I don't think it will happen. Depending on where you work some people will be older then you and some younger. But everyone seems to get a long no matter how old or young they are. Friends are made quickly here. Just because the people that you work with are the ones that you see everyday. And it is not hard to strike up a conversation. Some break rooms are shared by different department but most (that I have seen) are for one group of people.

Do I think that you will have fun... YES. But again it depends on how much effort you put into it.

I heard someone say that employees are given the oppurtunity to rent apartments close to disney property when they work. Is this true? Or do people just rent places out in orlando?

I heard someone say that employees are given the oppurtunity to rent apartments close to disney property when they work. Is this true? Or do people just rent places out in orlando?

I, too, have heard this from someone, but haven't read or heard anything official about it.

I live about two hours away from WDW and I REALLY want to work there, but I don't know anyone to room with and I know appartments in that area are pretty expensive.

there are no Disney apartments, just a rent-controlled apartment complex behind the Magic Kingdom.

Actually, I got it mixed up. What I'd heard was that Disney will set you up with a room mate if you want to move out there to work. But I think the person who told me this may have been thinking of the CP, and not just general employment.

HORIZONS-- Im right with you. I am 21 years old and live in the NYC area as well. Im kind of just dropped everything here to do the CP program. gO FOR IT:goodvibes I hear from everyone its a great experience, and you learn a lot about yourself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter