Workers Comp problem

So almost a year ago my DH got hurt at work. He works with juvenile delinquents. He got kicked in the leg pretty hard and when his leg started to swell, he left work and went to the Dr to get x-rays. He filled out the workers comp paperwork that same day at work. Time goes by and a year later the Dr's office sends us notice that we owe $170 for the above Dr visit. DH talks to his HR rep and they basically say, "Sorry the paperwork wasn't filed. The last HR rep who worked here must not have done it. We'll look into it." This was months ago and now the Dr is sending us notice that they're going to file with a collection company for the bill. My DH gives in and pays even though I tell him not to-that workers comp should have paid it and his employer needs to figure it out. What do we do now? Obviously his employer is not being helpful about this. The HR person who filed the paperwork is no longer there and we're just at a loss. Help!!

Contact your state's worker's comp board

For those eavesdropping, it's probably a good idea to kibitz all entities involved (human resources, doctor's office, etc., et al) every coupl'a months to see that the claim is proceeding smoothly and/or answer any questions that might have come up.

And to save copies of all the paper work you made or got so you could resubmit it as often as needed.

Note: A collection agency is subject to the same defenses of yours, such as you dispute a bill, that the original creditor is/was. Included is providing documentation and proof. I told one collection agency to produce the electric bills showing kilowatt hour usage to substantiate its claim that I owed it money for same. It dropped the claim.

Health hints: http://www.cockam.com/health.htm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter