Work at home -- typing??

suzydisney971

Mouseketeer
Not sure if this is the right forum but can someone direct to the website regarding doing typing jobs from home. I tried to do a search but it doesn't come up. I knew I should have written it down and now I can't find it. Looking to try to make some extra money for Disney and other household expenses. (Job isn't very secure).

Thank you.

I'd like to know of anything too. Everything I've seen looks so scamish.

What is this site? Is it legitimate? Have any of you ever done work for them and been paid?

I was curious about it and went googling. Can someone confirm what I found? Has anyone done this? What I read was that when it first started you were paid $1/1000 keystrokes, dropped to .55/1000keystrokes, dropped again to .40/1000 keystrokes and is now at .20/1000 keystrokes. The math on the page I found said that would make it about $2/hr.

I am curious if someone has done this, are these rates correct?

I am skeptical of any company that calls themselves legitimate, but won't give out their phone number or physical address.

We used to work for tntmiami.com. This is a transcription service. You download a video file of an unaired television show and you type a transcription of the show. Most of the shows are in the Discovery Channel, Travel Channel group. You are paid by the episode so your pay rate depends on your skill level. Also some shows are easier than others. The work is more involved than it appears. You work in a table format. You have to type in who is speaking and the time stamp of when they start talking. If you hit a word you don't know you must look it up and provide the reference where you found it. Depending on your hearing, typing and language skills this might work out for someone. We found the pay to be too little for the effort, but, it was better than $2.00 per hour listed in the other post.

This is where I found the .20/1000 keystrokes:

http://www.karlonia.com/2008/05/14/keyforcashcom-review/

The first part is an article or blog about it, then followed by comments. The very last comment made on the 21 Aug (about) stated that the pay had dropped to that. And that $2 is assuming that you are a proficient typist, it is for newhires though. From what I am reading it is a legit site but you won't make much it sounds like. I was hoping that someone here might have worked for them and might be able to say that .20/1000 keystrokes is for the first 90 days or something. It also sounds like there isn't much work on weekends, you see the majority of jobs falling on Tue-Fri.

I haven't found too much in the way of work from home stuff but I did find out that I can sub at our schools. I can be a program assistant or sub for the media aides and make about $55 for the day. This works for me because I fill in when I can and if they have a need, if it doesn't work for me I don't have to take it. Other nearby school districts pay $80 for the day and I found out that if you show up and they no longer need you, you still get paid for half of it.

When looking for any opportunities like this (and yes, there are many scams out there too), you have to keep in mind that a company that offers to let you work from home, and you get the job through their web site, has a very wide audience, hence the low pay rates. If this site allowed people outside the US to work, I bet it would be 1/10th the pay scale.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter