Woot Finally - POTC Beta Testing

Dis-Wiz said:
I was accepted as a beta tester, so I downloaded it, but it won't let be open the game. I tried clicking on the thing that said "swash" or something like that, and a small window came up and said hit any key to begin, so I did, but then it went all black and said it was not responding. :confused3

Does this mean I can not play???? :confused3 :confused3

I'm having the same problem. Unzipped the file, get the title screen, and then it says "hit any key to begin", and I hit the space bar, like the instructions say, but nothing happens... :confused3

Heather, any tips? I checked out the forum, but didn't see anything about this problem.

I got accepted as well but haven't tried it yet. Hope it works!

Well, I received an e-mail from them earlier but it looked like a newsletter rather than an acceptance e-mail. And I deleted it, so can someone plz post how the e-mail looked? I may have accidently deleted it or have not been accepted at all. lol

yey yey yey my dream has come true yay i am tester

VMK_KrazyLuke said:
Ok, are you talking about the Pirates Of The Caribean Online Multiplayer Game or the Pirates Mobile Game?

The POTC Online has not opened or launched yet and if you register you haev chance to be a beta tester.

I know nothing about the mobile pirate game

Hi,

I have been accepted as well. I thought I would answer your question. it is both mobile and multiplayer. It is for the "Pirates of the Caribbean Multiplayer Mobile."

Hope this answers your question,
Disney Dreams

Just wondering from all the posts here of people who are saying that they are have been approved to be a tester:

Did everyone read the License Agreement that you are required to electronical sign before downloading the game?

Interestingly, you must be at least 18 years old to participate in the program.

Ahoy mateys!

Dis-Wiz said:
I was accepted as a beta tester, so I downloaded it, but it won't let be open the game. I tried clicking on the thing that said "swash" or something like that, and a small window came up and said hit any key to begin, so I did, but then it went all black and said it was not responding. :confused3

Does this mean I can not play???? :confused3 :confused3

I haven't seen that error and we haven't been able to recreate it on our end, so its possible you have some sort of firewall issue on your side. Are you running something like McAfee Personal Firewall or Zonealarm? If so, try turning that off (just for a second, to test this) and running the game. If it works, then with the firewall on you won't be able to participate in our test. I do not advocate turning off your firewall, however, as you most likely have it there for a reason :)

If that is not the case, then there might be something with your ISP blocking the ports we need to use, and again, you will be unable to play. If you have a computer that can access a different network that where you can test this, by all means use that instead.

I don't remember who originanlly posted this but, The cellular phone game was accepting Beta testers.

I just recieved an email saying that I was accepted as a tester. I am not sure exactly what I have to do to start the game. They made a version of it for your PC but I am not sure how to access it.

Did anyone else get picked to be a tester?

Did you go to the web address listed in the email you received?

If you already downloaded the beta files, did you unzip it and read the instructions file that is included?

I signed up for this game a while ago and got the email yesterday. I played it for the first time today. It has a really tiny screen. I don't generally play games on my phone, so I don't think I will be signing up for it on the phone. I'll stick to VMK.

I got accepted for the mobile game too!I got it for my computer though.It is small because the original size is for a cell phone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter