• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Woohoo !! It's Christmas Day**

Merry Christmas Eve everyone :santa:

I'm all organised so nothing to do today! Off to meet my friend for lunch later so we can swap presents. Then I'll come back and tidy my room a little (still live at home) as the family from hell will be descending on us tomorrow!

Midnight tonight and it'll be time to open presents :goodvibes If my boyfriend comes home from the pub after work steaming I'll not be happy! LOL

Enjoy everyone :)

I was at Tesco before 6 am this morning. :faint: Luckily I only needed bread and milk so I was home again quickly.

We gave my husband his birthday cards and presents and now we're wandering between cooking the gammon and finishing our Disney Christmas jigsaw.

Later on we will go to the Crib Service at church where my daughter will do a reading and then it's round to my Mum's for the traditional Christmas Eve buffet. :love:

I got up at 7am to take DW to work and going to collect her at 4pm. I'm watching The Santa Clause 2 at the moment with the cat curled up on the sofa with me. Must be too cold outisde for her today.

Then this evening we are going to the carol service on the Village Green. Followed by a trip to the pub for a quick drink. Then home to watch a Muppets Christmas Carol while we roast the pheasant and chicken and track Santa on the Norad website.

Went out shopping at 8.30 , was back in the house by 9am

gammon is cooked for tomorrow , just the turkey to do tomorrow

Have watched a few christmas films today

No plans for the rest of the day
:cool1:

Weve just been to the local garden centre to look at all the nice decorations for sale. then went in their cafe for a cappucino and cake.

Ive peeled the veg for tomorrow and am going to cook the Turkey tonight. Ive wrapped the last of the prezzies DD wants to sort the table for tomorrow so I'll leave her to it.
So we are all curled up now ready to watch some Christmas TV, track Santa and tuck into the food

Its still very snowy here so looks very Christmassy outside but Im glad I dont need to venture out again for a couple of days.

Twas the Night before Christmas Poem

Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
In hopes that St Nicholas soon would be there.

The children were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of sugar-plums danced in their heads.
And mamma in her ‘kerchief, and I in my cap,
Had just settled our brains for a long winter’s nap.

When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.
Away to the window I flew like a flash,
Tore open the shutters and threw up the sash.

The moon on the breast of the new-fallen snow
Gave the lustre of mid-day to objects below.
When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,
But a miniature sleigh, and eight tinny reindeer.

With a little old driver, so lively and quick,
I knew in a moment it must be St Nick.
More rapid than eagles his coursers they came,
And he whistled, and shouted, and called them by name!

"Now Dasher! now, Dancer! now, Prancer and Vixen!
On, Comet! On, Cupid! on, on Donner and Blitzen!
To the top of the porch! to the top of the wall!
Now dash away! Dash away! Dash away all!"

As dry leaves that before the wild hurricane fly,
When they meet with an obstacle, mount to the sky.
So up to the house-top the coursers they flew,
With the sleigh full of Toys, and St Nicholas too.

And then, in a twinkling, I heard on the roof
The prancing and pawing of each little hoof.
As I drew in my head, and was turning around,
Down the chimney St Nicholas came with a bound.

He was dressed all in fur, from his head to his foot,
And his clothes were all tarnished with ashes and soot.
A bundle of Toys he had flung on his back,
And he looked like a peddler, just opening his pack.

His eyes-how they twinkled! his dimples how merry!
His cheeks were like roses, his nose like a cherry!
His droll little mouth was drawn up like a bow,
And the beard of his chin was as white as the snow.

The stump of a pipe he held tight in his teeth,
And the smoke it encircled his head like a wreath.
He had a broad face and a little round belly,
That shook when he laughed, like a bowlful of jelly!

He was chubby and plump, a right jolly old elf,
And I laughed when I saw him, in spite of myself!
A wink of his eye and a twist of his head,
Soon gave me to know I had nothing to dread.

He spoke not a word, but went straight to his work,
And filled all the stockings, then turned with a jerk.
And laying his finger aside of his nose,
And giving a nod, up the chimney he rose!

He sprang to his sleigh, to his team gave a whistle,
And away they all flew like the down of a thistle.
But I heard him exclaim, ‘ere he drove out of sight,
"Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good-night!"

stitchcrimbo1.jpg

Merry Christmas Everyone
xxxx

So, what did you get ? Come and tell us, or even better, show us some of your lovely pressies :santa:

Happy Christmas everyone. :santa:

I had some wonderful things again this year, including a DVD boxset, a book, perfumes and toiletries, a top, necklace and bracelet, a Parker pen and from my dear dear dear husband I had a new Radley bag, Radley notebook and pen and pencil set. :lovestruc

presents1.jpg

I was also really lucky with all the things I had from people in work - including a set of Cath Kidston tins from my boss. :banana:

presents2.jpg

I hope everybody else is having as great a day. We're off to have lunch at my sister's soon.

Merry Christmas everyone!

I got a new digital camera, a Panasonic Lumix TZ10 that I can't wait to take to NY with us! Also got a lot of DVD's like Toy Story 3 :love:, Kevin Bridges Live, Sex and the City 2, Up! and the new Take That documentary. Vera Wang Princess perfume, pyjamas, slippers, Kendra Wilkinson book, jeans, Take That calendar - ya know the usual bits and bobs! Oh I also forgot about my big Soap & Glory tote bag as well :D

I got a camera bag for my Panasonic Lumix, a whole load of Lush goodies, some MAC lip protector and tinted lip protector and some vouchers for a Fish Pedicure from DH. From friends I got a Classic Minnie mug, a Rudolph candle and a ticket for the theater. Santa has loved me this year.

Corinna

Merry Christmas Everyone!!

Turkey is in the oven and Jack is building some pirate lego, so I thought I'd share my presents with you all! :)

166288_10150346453915084_821450083_16479908_1376015_n.jpg

Along with my lovey Secret Sants pressies I got:

Slippers (being modelled in the front of the picture)
A gorgeous gingerbread man votive holder
Sims 3 expansions and points
Beauty and the Beast DVD/Blu Ray
My favourite perfume (Marc Jacobs Daisy) box set
A new handbag
Princess Minnie Tradition
Nigella Cookbook
A lovely His n Hers calendar
A beautiful heart Pandora charm
A lovely tracksuit from my Mum to wear on the wedding day morning.

~ 8 am here and waiting for DS(4) :stitch2: to wake up and find his presents from SANTA!!:santa: He really cleaned up! :laundy: DH :tigger: and I princess: were going to go light on him this year because we just got back from WDW on Sunday, and just got him mostly clothes and some cheap movies, but also two toys. But, a couple nights ago the little booger found all his presents! :tiptoe: :magnify: He was helping me wrap other people's presents and began to get a good idea :idea: of where my hidey hole was as I would go into our bedroom and say, stay out of here while I get more presents to wrap. He asked if he could come with me and look and I said no, I want your presents to be a surprise for christmas. So of course about 5 minutes after I went into the kitchen, here he comes with Iron man!! :furious: You should have seen the look of excitement in his eyes turn to horror when he heard that I may have to take iron man back and get a different present now so it would still be a surprise. :eek: Although I was very proud of my natural consequences parenting, he was bawling :sad: so I eventually reassured him that if he was good, he would still get iron man.:worship:

Maybe we're too easy on him, but in the interest of keeping the santa :santa: myth alive, we ended up buying him more presents last minute and not buying any for each other. Turns out I am way more excited :yay: about his gifts than I could have been about any gifts for me. We definitely went a little overboard. :sail: He is getting: a backyard safari lantern, an interactive Woody (from toy story), a Sooner football helmet and jersey (the dress-up kind, not suitable to play sports in), and a slinky!

Just had to share that. Thank you all for being an outlet for my boredom:hourglass and my smilie experimentation!!:stir:

I got Disney Epic Mickey Nintendo Wii game, dvds, cds,books perfume clothes ugg boots, nintendo ds game.

Hope everyone's had a lovely day today. :santa:

I got a copy of the Grimmerie (Wicked), Eeyore pjs and nightshirt, Penmarric and Flambards DVDs, a diary, a Tigger Christmas mug, smellies, choccies and ££ which will come in very nicely for next year's holidays. ::yes:: Oh, and a fabulous book on the making of Beauty and the Beast from eldest DD. :goodvibes

DSCF0372_600_x_450_.jpg

And this was my main present to DH ~ he has wanted it for years so was very pleased with it.

DSCF0373_600_x_450_.jpg

It looks like you all had some fab Christmas pressies, here's a few of mine

From hubby

164618_1721820814376_1503996605_31645904_6618661_n.jpg

From my girls

156757_1721822254412_1503996605_31645911_8172381_n.jpg

68285_1721820574370_1503996605_31645903_7446399_n.jpg

I tided up this morning & put mine away without taking a photo. :guilty:

I got lots of lovely pressies:

Take That tickets, Toy Story 3 & Fantasia on blu ray, a candle, handbag shaped money box :laughing:, some perfume, a Minnie Mouse vanity case with smellies, travel jewellery case, a santa sleigh Pandora charm, Mickey & Minnie slippers, a boxer dog cuddly toy :lovestruc, two handbags, 3 x Vinylmation figures, my fave Pink Champagne truffles, a Disney Precious Moments ornament, Lola Rose heart earrings and loads of $$$'s from DH & my parents to spend in WDW! :dance3:

I think that's all of them, but i've still got some more to come when we see the rest of the family.

I open mine today, I got a Kindle with a leather cover, a couple of Amazon gift certificates to buy some e-books, A limited edition Steiff Help the Heroes bear, A pc game, a wii game, triple Toy Story box set, a book on the Art of Toy Story 3 & a couple of books.

I have been very lucky:thumbsup2

It sounds like everyone had a lovely Christmas Day and got lots of lovely pressies :santa:

So, what are you up to on these few days off work ? Are you doing anything fun ? What are your plans for New Years Eve ?

We haven't done much so far, but I'm off to Manchester tomorrow for a wander around the sales and a few TGI cocktails
11.gif

Not sure what we'll be doing for New Years Eve just yet

Enjoy your days off everyone ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter