Wooden Mickey - Any ideas?

BONZO

<font color=660066>Has been known to go off topic!
A message from a UK DISer

Anyone Help?

We picked up a wonderful wooden Mickey Mouse at the weekend and wondered if anyone could help in tracking down any info on him.

He's about 3 foot tall of what we believe to be pine. There a are no markings whatsoever but he has a round hole running up the middle of him but we don't know how far up it goes. The seller thought he was used as a shop display or a fairground sideshow game, & is unpainted with a dark waxed polish finish but not very shiny. But he only bought it recently with little to no information. He's obviously of some vintage as there's been a few repairs to him, there are a few cracks and a small amount of wordworm.

We've started stripping back the wax planning to rewax him in a slightly lighter colour and putting him our hall way as he makes everyone who sees him break out in a wide smile.

Any ideas?

Mickey 1

Mickey 2

Mickey 3

Thanks

I would love information too! I don't know anything about the piece, but I have one just like it only mine is actually painted like Mickey Mouse with red pants, white gloves, etc. My parents picked it up for me at a flea market this year. He was on display at my Pin Parties this year so I am sure lots of people saw him. I will have to see if I can take a picture of mine so you can see. They are very similar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter