Wooded/best tent sites?

Tlsmb28

Earning My Ears
I was just wondering if there is a loop that is more wooded than the others or has more privacy between sites. We will be tent camping. Any suggestions is much appreciated!!

Tlsmb28,

:welcome:

Just to set expectations....

About 5 years ago the Fort went through a process of eliminating "non-native vegetation" which essentially took down a lot of the privacy between all sites. They also planted some replacement trees/bushes/plants but not everywhere and even then they're still growing.

So you won't have a lot of privacy per say but the spacing is pretty good between sites (I've had worse).

Generally speaking as for trees and shade, in the two tenting (Partial) loops 1500 and 2000, all of 1500 has some good shade on nearly every site. In 2000, the sites on the outside of the loop generally have shade; sites on the inside are generally more open and exposed (but that is a generalization).

2000 is a bigger loop (nearly 70 sites) but has 2 bathhouses so there is not usually any waits. 1500 is closer to the pool and has about 22 sites but shares a bathhouse with 1600 loop. 2000 loop is near the Creekside Meadow group campsite which has a trail into loop 900 (think of it as a short cut to the Meadow Trading Post and Pool area).

There are no bad sites at the Fort. Bring an EZ Up canopy if you want shade.

Have fun! :yay:

Bama ED

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter