• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Woo-hoo! Time to start saving

*Seanaci*

DIS-obsessed and proud!
Found out today that a family member is getting married next May at WDW. So, we are potentially planning a trip. It is time to start saving.

Any ideas on how we can start saving for a trip we can't even start planning yet because we don't have any idea when it is exactly or how long we'd be there.

Any ideas are welcome.

I am a forum leader on a savings site called weusecoupons.com. I would love to invite you over to see if we have member involved in stores in your area to help you save even more money. I can tell you that last week my grocery bill was $377 and my total after coupons and savings was $133. That would help a lot towards a Dis Trip! lol

hugs
K

I am a forum leader on a savings site called weusecoupons.com. I would love to invite you over to see if we have member involved in stores in your area to help you save even more money. I can tell you that last week my grocery bill was $377 and my total after coupons and savings was $133. That would help a lot towards a Dis Trip! lol

hugs
K

I would love to check it out.

Our grocery bill is sometimes $200...and I get home and look over the recipet and pick things off the list we probably could have done without. :D

Open a savings account and have funds direct deposited to it. We started one last year and ended up with enough to pay for airfare for three and some of lodging expenses. I also started saving change back in February and each pay period DH and I add $20 each of quarters to the jug. By the time we leave in August we will have over $500 in change to cash in.

If you do not already have a Disney Visa card, get one to start earning rewards.
We have every bill that will allow us to do so charged directly to the credit card. At the end of the month, I write one check to the credit card instead of several to each of the companies. (it all adds up)

Husband and I also decided that for mothers day, fathers day, birthdays, anniversary etc. that we would put money into our vacation fund and skip the gifts to each other. Handmade card and a homemade cake is all we exchange.

Start writing down everything that you spend for one month. At the end of the month, look at what you can cut back on. Take that money and put it into your vacation account. (eating out, buying coffee, & extra runs in the car when you could have combined really add up)

I am a forum leader on a savings site called weusecoupons.com. I would love to invite you over to see if we have member involved in stores in your area to help you save even more money. I can tell you that last week my grocery bill was $377 and my total after coupons and savings was $133...
K

Thank you for posting this. I will check out your site also. I can never understand how people can save this much, especially with produce/meat in the bill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter