• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wonder's EBPC 9/12/14 Who's Going With Us!

I was looking at that, but when I saw the ladder thing. I think I can do ziplining, I am not okay sky ladders. We were looking at a snorkeling adventure. I want to go to the temple in Cozumel. Are we actually getting off in Panama?

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think we get off in Panama. It's pretty much an all day event going thru the canal. They don't start sending ships thru the canal until the sun comes up.

I would like to :welcome::welcome::welcome: kayaker35, (Karen), and your husband to the cruise. Doing the Alaska cruise a couple of weeks before the Panama Canal cruise, that is nice. Alaska is on DW's and mine bucket list for sure. Maybe, the next one after Panama Canal..................maybe!!!:cool1: Again, welcome aboard!!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Thanks for the welcome :blush:

The Alaska cruise is this year, and the PC one is in 2014. I'm sorry if I misled you on that. We have a Western Caribbean one in between.... March 1, 2014.

Karen

Signed my husband I up for this cruise this morning. We're going to be on the August 12-19 Alaska cruise, and I'll look into rebooking this one then and hopefully getting the 10% discount and the OBC. Not entirely sure how that works, but I wanted to book the cruise so I knew I would get my stateroom category and dining option.

I thought it was cool that we will have the same stateroom for the PC cruise as we are going to have for Alaska. I suppose that's what Disney tries to do? It will be fun knowing that we'll have the exact room on our next Wonder sailing as we will have on the Alaska one.

I can't believe that I've booked another cruise! Too fun :)

Karen

If you booked direct with Disney you can rebook onboard with no problems. I doubt the price will jump much until then

Glad to have you aboard.

I was looking at that, but when I saw the ladder thing. I think I can do ziplining, I am not okay sky ladders. We were looking at a snorkeling adventure. I want to go to the temple in Cozumel. Are we actually getting off in Panama?

I love the old ruins. I wish it was possible to get to Chechen Itza from there that place is phenomenal!

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think we get off in Panama. It's pretty much an all day event going thru the canal. They don't start sending ships thru the canal until the sun comes up.

Nope can't get off in Panama. From what I've heard the taxes are incredible so the cruise lines don't have an incentive for stopping. You figure that usually the cruise lines have to discount these repos so increasing the costs doesn't make sense.

The Alaska cruise is this year, and the PC one is in 2014. I'm sorry if I misled you on that. We have a Western Caribbean one in between.... March 1, 2014.

Karen

I'm doing the same. Alaska this year and PC next. Knocking out the bucket list.

dsnydaddy said:

Welcome to all the new members,.glad to see we are growing slowly but surely!

Knocking the TA off our bucket list starting Saturday, and then the PC with all you wonderful people, so we will check in again upon our return......

Stay cool and catch ya on the flip side!

Knocking the TA off our bucket list starting Saturday, and then the PC with all you wonderful people, so we will check in again upon our return......

Have a great time :thumbsup2

Hey... even if it wasn't as discounted as it was I would've gone. This cruise checks off a bunch of stuff that I wanted to do:
7+days
Cozumel
Lots of sea days!!!!! (I get to read and no one complains!)
My friends are all going.
I get to go home for a couple days before. I get to see family, get tattooed, and eat Miguel Jrs. And the added perk is my friends get to see where I grew up. I tell them I'm from Rancho Cucamonga and I'm a second generation IEmpire-ian but that doesn't mean much to native Washingtonians. I am going to show them my high school, the streetlight I got put in, the house I grew up in, where I hung out, and meet my best friend. Kinda' exciting. And why does writing that make me cry? What is wrong with me?! :D

Lucky you!!! Have a GREAT cruise, and a good time. A transatlantic cruise is on our bucket list somewhere down the road...................maybe 2015!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1: I have an idea of what I want to do on our TA cruise. Take the last Med cruise scheduled before and then staying onboard to bring the ship back home to the states. Keeping my fingers crossed that everything will work out the way I want it to. :thumbsup2

Karen

Oh.............it was my mistake. DW keeps telling me I try to read too fast and then I don't remember what I just read!!!:confused3 Still, you have 3 cruises all lined up........................how nice is that!!!:thumbsup2

Ok, ok, ok, ok, I beginning to see a pattern here...................Alaska this year then PC the next. Alaska is on the ol' bucket list for us too...........darn bucket list is getting wwaaaaaaaaayy to long!!! So much to do and see!!! I need to fully retire so I can cruise 365 days a year!!!!:banana::banana::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

My husband and I are retired and enjoying the "Golden Years" that you hear about :) We're young at heart, though, and love Disney. While we were accompanied by our children and grandchildren on our first Disney cruise, the next three we're flying solo. I wonder how many more are in the same category as us. We'd love to be able to arrange to sit at table with other Golden Agers when we set sail on the EBPC cruise.

Karen

Sorry I didn't get the graphics out yesterday. It was a crazy day. I'll try to send out tonight.

My husband and I are retired and enjoying the "Golden Years" that you hear about :) We're young at heart, though, and love Disney. While we were accompanied by our children and grandchildren on our first Disney cruise, the next three we're flying solo. I wonder how many more are in the same category as us. We'd love to be able to arrange to sit at table with other Golden Agers when we set sail on the EBPC cruise.

Karen

Hi Karen,
We are fellow young hearted Golden Agers too and would love to share dinner with you if you are on the early seating. We've traveled on Disney with our kids and grandkids, but solo for the WBTA in 2010. Very different experience. We're looking forward to repeating in on the EBPC.

Hi Karen,
We are fellow young hearted Golden Agers too and would love to share dinner with you if you are on the early seating. We've traveled on Disney with our kids and grandkids, but solo for the WBTA in 2010. Very different experience. We're looking forward to repeating in on the EBPC.

That sounds like a plan, Betty :) We'll have to keep in touch as the cruise draws closer so we can request a table together. We like eating at early dining time as well. Maybe there are others who would join us, too. I don't have anything against sitting with children, but their parents are going to be focused on them and not be as open to conversation with other adults.

I'm glad I asked :)

Karen

Betty, thanks for the information. DW and I like the historical sites. DW doesn't swim, so we enjoy taking in the history of the area. I had heard that there was some trouble in PV with the tour buses being stopped and robbed. (Not in to that so much!) Plan on staying away from that adventure. Decisions, decisions, decisions!!!!

Nothing much historical on the west coast of Mexico. Cabo was developed entirely for tourism. The first time we were in Cabo was over 30 years ago and there was absolutely nothing there but desert. Now it is full of restaurants, bars and tourist shops. The town of Puerto Vallarta is much more interesting if you are in to 1960's movie history. It was a small fishing village until Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton made it their home during the filming of "Night of the Iguana." Both stops are good for water and land sports. We like to go into PV and just wandering around the town and people watch. We're looking forward to our stop in Cartegena and exploring the town. Lots of interesting colonial history and buildings.

Karen

I think that is a good idea too Karen. Donna and I are both in our six...............ahhhhhhhhhhhh.............we both are in our fif.................uummmmmmmmmm...............we both are forty plus. Yeah that's it we both are forty plus!!!! We would like to share a table with you, your husband, Betty and her husband. If you will have us. Sounds like allot of fun. We too have cruised in the past with our granddaughter. But this is just way too long a cruise for her to miss school. We went on a B2B on the Dream by ourselves in 2011 and had a blast. We have been BIG Disney fans our whole lives. We're just two big kids at heart.

I think that is a good idea too Karen. Donna and I are both in our six...............ahhhhhhhhhhhh.............we both are in our fif.................uummmmmmmmmm...............we both are forty plus. Yeah that's it we both are forty plus!!!! We would like to share a table with you, your husband, Betty and her husband. If you will have us. Sounds like allot of fun. We too have cruised in the past with our granddaughter. But this is just way too long a cruise for her to miss school. We went on a B2B on the Dream by ourselves in 2011 and had a blast. We have been BIG Disney fans our whole lives. We're just two big kids at heart.

LOL.... Hey isn't 60 the new 40? Maybe all of us who would like to find tablemates should friend each other, and when when we get close to the cruise date.... when we're making final payments..... we could request to be seated with each other. If there are too many to sit at one table, we could split into several groups. There might be some who prefer early dining and others who want the second seating.

It does seem that this cruise could have a high percentage of adults, given the time of year, and its length.

Karen

LOL.... Hey isn't 60 the new 40? Maybe all of us who would like to find tablemates should friend each other, and when when we get close to the cruise date.... when we're making final payments..... we could request to be seated with each other. If there are too many to sit at one table, we could split into several groups. There might be some who prefer early dining and others who want the second seating.

It does seem that this cruise could have a high percentage of adults, given the time of year, and its length.

Karen

I am sure that people with kids the same age would like to share a table too. Our WBTA Disboard group worked with Disney to link cruisers together for meals for both dining times. It was a lot of fun and we really enjoyed out table mates. Maybe someone more organized than me can start a spreadsheet?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter