Wonder's EBPC 9/12/14 Who's Going With Us!

Thank you for sharing the trip report link!

Thanks David. I'm going to read up! Next week I get a bit of a break. Only 4 twelve hour days. Whoo Hoo! I'm thinking if taking some time off in April to recoup from all of the craziness at work these days.

You all are so very welcome. DisneyZell, (aka Drew), writes a pretty good trip report. He makes it interesting with a touch of humor. He still has some to write yet. Enjoy everyone!!!:thumbsup2

davidls said:
WOW!!! 12 hour days!!! I remember those. Gives me a headache thinking about it though. Glad to hear you will get a break in the action there Steve. I plan on taking a week off sometime late March or early April. DW has this major project she wants me to do, and once I get started I want to get it done and out of the way. Got to watch the weather so the rain won't interfer with my getting it done.

Days that I am teaching are only 8hours but actual workdays are 12. I keep thinking that sooner or later we'll hire enough for me to truly cut back but qualified ppl are getting hard to find. (Crazy to say in a job market with do much unemployment, I know). But ppl who have good experience are holding onto their jobs and not shopping around.

Days that I am teaching are only 8hours but actual workdays are 12. I keep thinking that sooner or later we'll hire enough for me to truly cut back but qualified ppl are getting hard to find. (Crazy to say in a job market with do much unemployment, I know). But ppl who have good experience are holding onto their jobs and not shopping around.

Tell me about it Steve. The guy I work with, who is a full time employee, talked his way into this job. I had told my boss of my plans to semi-retire. He talked to the owner of the company and then the owner talked to me, and he wanted me to stay. He drew up a contract that both of us signed with my hourly pay and the number of hours I would work. In the mean time my boss was interviewing people for the full time position. He finally hired this guy who said he had all of this experience. I don't know if my boss checked out his references or not. But it fell onto me to train him on how to do printing layouts and estimates. This guy asks me questions a rookie would ask or someone who knows nothing about printing. He even keeps asking the same questions over and over again. Shortly after I finally did semi-retire my boss ups and retires himself. I had to go back to work last year full time for a while to continue this guys training. And, don't you know to this day, he still has to ask me the same questions over, and over, and over, and over again!!!! (Man oh man that felt good to get off my chest!!! Thanks for listening.................Steve...........oh Steve..................Steve......you awake.............Steve............you in there???...................Steve............. STEVE......oh there you are!!! I was saying thanks for listening.):thumbsup2

davidls said:
Tell me about it Steve. The guy I work with, who is a full time employee, talked his way into this job. I had told my boss of my plans to semi-retire. He talked to the owner of the company and then the owner talked to me, and he wanted me to stay. He drew up a contract that both of us signed with my hourly pay and the number of hours I would work. In the mean time my boss was interviewing people for the full time position. He finally hired this guy who said he had all of this experience. I don't know if my boss checked out his references or not. But it fell onto me to train him on how to do printing layouts and estimates. This guy asks me questions a rookie would ask or someone who knows nothing about printing. He even keeps asking the same questions over and over again. Shortly after I finally did semi-retire my boss ups and retires himself. I had to go back to work last year full time for a while to continue this guys training. And, don't you know to this day, he still has to ask me the same questions over, and over, and over, and over again!!!! (Man oh man that felt good to get off my chest!!! Thanks for listening.................Steve...........oh Steve..................Steve......you awake.............Steve............you in there???...................Steve............. STEVE......oh there you are!!! I was saying thanks for listening.):thumbsup2

I'm with you David. I'm somewhat fortunate as we require licenses but that does not guarantee a good nurse. There was times during the training sessions that I am teaching that I wonder how some of these guys function.

Yes they do sell the plates in one of the shops on board. At least they had them when we were on board last December. You will have to wait until you set sail to purchase the plate. The shops don't open up when the ship is docked. Be sure to take along the permenant markers for the charactors to use to sign with. Oh, and also, take along a thank you gift that all of the charactors can share while they sign your souvenir. When we went in December it was about 10 days before Christmas. I found a small bag at Wal-Mart that said I Love Santa Claus on the front. I filled it up with individually wrapped candies, chocolate bars are best they don't get much chocolate, and told the CM behind the desk, when I gave her our plate, that this was a thank you gift for the charactors for signing our plaste. Have a GREAT cruise!!!

aaahh- that would work! Do you recall the cost of the plate?

aaahh- that would work! Do you recall the cost of the plate?

I paid for the plate at the Disney Store online - I believe it was something like $25 or $30.00 for the plate. I also bought the butter knife separately, and I think it was something like $15 or $20.00.

Here is a link to a little bit of info on Castaway Cay. Don't know if you all have seen this or not. The landing field has pretty much always been there. This use to be an island pirates and other unsavory individuals used - years, and years, and years, and years ago.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/02/vintage-walt-disney-world-becoming-castaway-cay/

And here is another link with more info. Hope you enjoy reading!!!

http://www.disneydispatch.com/content/columns/the-626/2011/04-the-colorful-story-of-castaway-cay/

HAPPY WEEK-END everyone!!!!! I hope all are having a nice week-end. It's chilly here in the ol' Shinshine State. And, the sun ain't shining either!!!Highs today only in the upper 50's. And windy...................did I say it was windy!!!! How is the weather where you live today? :confused3

davidls said:
HAPPY WEEK-END everyone!!!!! I hope all are having a nice week-end. It's chilly here in the ol' Shinshine State. And, the sun ain't shining either!!!Highs today only in the upper 50's. And windy...................did I say it was windy!!!! How is the weather where you live today? :confused3

Nice day here. I'm hoping it keeps people out of the hospital.

davidls said:

Whopping 30 degrees here today, but that's normal for here....then in the summer we get hotter and more humid than Florida!

DisneyMouseHouse said:
Whopping 30 degrees here today, but that's normal for here....then in the summer we get hotter and more humid than Florida!

Ouch! I don't mind the cold but the heat completely melts me.

I'm not big on the cold......................I freeze easley..................the humidity does not bother me all that much. Now, Donna.................can't take the heat as well as I can. I guess that's why I get to do all of the yard work year round. I'm so lucky!!!!:rotfl2:

Went to Emerald City Comicon with my son this weekend. Wow there is a world I never new about.

Went to Emerald City Comicon with my son this weekend. Wow there is a world I never new about.

I've never been to a Comicon, but I have heard it is fun and interesting. You get to see some pretty interesting people there. Heck, I can walk down any street in my home town and see some pretty interesting, (and weird), people.:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter