Wonder's EBPC 9/12/14 Who's Going With Us!

:welcome::welcome:to all the newbies who've joined this group since Mom and I did. We are going to have so much party:. I can finally post that I have officially lost :wishfifty and :wishsize6. Only 4 more sizes to get to my ultimate goal.

I have a questions for you veterans of FE. We weren't aware of them on our previous sailings, and I have an idea of what I am going to create for our door (thanks David) but what do you all usually get as gifts to put in others FEs? :confused3 How much do you spend? Do you give crafty handmade items? :artist: How does it work?

I put my PTO request in for the first few days and the last few days of the trip, I did that back in....May? Originally there was 6 from my hospital going on this trip. Now there's 3. I thought to do it early.

So I did good this morning:
I changed our room category, which meant we changed room numbers. I was in an 11B room. Now we're 7564. Went up to 5A. I was debating if I wanted to go to a 4A. They wouldn't freebie us up to Concierge level if we were at 4A would they?:woohoo:

Hey kdeans,

That's quite a jump from 11B to 5A – congrats! I don't think they freebie up to concierge on the Classic ships because the only Concierge staterooms are suites, unlike the Dream-class ships.

The other thing to think about is that if you're on deck 8, then you've got all the pools and such above you, and so will get the sound of running feet, deck chair movement, and so forth from the deck above. We deliberately booked a 5A instead of a 4A on a February cruise on the Fantasy to stay away from the pool deck. Just something to consider.

In any event, I'm sure we'll all have a great time, no matter where we are! :banana:

All the best,
Richard

:welcome: Jessica, Ryan and Lorelai!! I'm Stephanie, sailing with DH Dave, we are also DVC members. We are empty nesters who love Disney as well. We sailed the Panama Canal in 2008 and adored it! Sounds like you found the front page with all the info!!! We also have a FB page as well!

Thanks, we're happy to be here! It's nice to meet other DVC members, we LOVE talking it up! Where do you own? We own at AKV. We actually leave in 3 months from tomorrow for a 15 day trip!!! :woohoo: It's our 11 year wedding anniversary and will be the first trip to WDW with a child, so it will be an interesting experience! We take her to DL just about every other weekend, so the characters and things won't be new - but there will be so much more at WDW that it will be interesting to see how she reacts!

We did see the front page, thank you :) I noticed there was a FB page too, I just haven't sent the request yet, but I will. We did a group lunch in the private Palo dining room before, so that will be fun to do again. We've also done FE's before, so that will be good. It will be the first time doing it with a kid, so that should be fun for her!

I too would like to :welcome::welcome::welcome: Kidlette & Family, (Jessica, Ryan & Lorelai), to the cruise!!! :cool1: So glad ya'll are joining us on the cruise. Looking forward to meeting everyone as well. Like Stephanie, DW and I are empty nesters as well, we have been HUGH Disney fans every since we were about Lorelai's age. We are planning on flying out a week early to take in Disneyland before the cruise. We have never been to Disneyland, but it was on our bucket list of things to do before we....................................ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..................before we................ammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..............before we take the Alaska cruise..................yeah that's it...............before we take an Alaska cruise. Seriously, we have wanted to do Disneyland for sometime now, and thought this was a GREAT opportunity to see it while we were out there. Now hopefully DW can get that much time off from work. She has over 5 weeks vacation allowed but her company frowns on taking more then 2 weeks at a time. We'll know here in another 2 months or so. Glad you found the first page and the first post. All of the graphics are free for everyone to download and use on the cruise. Again, welcome aboard!!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Thanks!! And, thank you for setting everything up! At least, I think it was you, right? Typically I've been the "leader" for past DIS groups and I am SO GLAD I don't have to do it for this one!!! :cool1: With a 1 year old it's just really hard to keep up with all of that. We've arranged group Palo's, managed FE lists, arranged for group wristbands, created and managed private websites for the groups, etc. and it's SO MUCH WORK! It seems that this group is FABULOUSLY run and we can't wait to be a part of it (and not have to do any of the work) :rotfl: We are so happy to be here!

:welcome::welcome::welcome:

:welcome::welcome: Glad to have you join us on this cruise. I know we are all going to have a great time.

Thanks! :thumbsup2

Thanks! :thumbsup2

I haven't had a chance to read all of the posts yet. In fact, I've only read the 1st post and the posts after my original, so I've pretty much read nothing! I'm going to try and catch up though and read everything in the next couple of days! With that said, I apologize if this info is somewhere and/or if it has been discussed before. If so, please forgive me.

Question 1:
I noticed from the few posts I have read that many people seem to be traveling without kids (which makes sense on a 2 week sailing). On past sailings we've found that most kids are older. Is there anyone traveling who will have a child the same age as Lorelai at the time of sailing? She will be 2 and a half. So, anyone with a 2 or 3 year old? We're going to sign up to link dining with others who have kids, but just thought we'd ask here too. We'd love some families with kids her age that we can have her hang with and/or link dining with. Thanks! :flower3:

Question 2:
Anyone staying and doing a week (or any amount of time) at WDW after the sailing? For us it will depend on money - we'll have to see if we can save enough to pay this part of the trip first :rotfl2: But - being DVC members our room would be free, and because of the cruise it's only 1 flight home, so it would almost be a shame to not go to WDW since we'll be in MCO. Really, the only cost for us would be food and tickets. Like I said though, we'll have to see how finances work out first. If we don't do that, then we might save up to try Europe or Aulani in 2015. Then again, this will be our last chance to take her to WDW and not have to pay for her ticket, lol! So maybe we should suck it up and make it happen? :confused3 We'd love to hear what everyone else's plans are!

Hi All -
Just a quick note to welcome you all to the cruise!

I've been MIA for a couple of months due to vacation and some personal issues.

For those of you who do FB more than the DIS, if you are also looking for a place to get graphics for door decorations, etc, etc, we have a great FB page for that and some wonderful folks who do customized graphics....
https://www.facebook.com/groups/530433526987331/

ALSO - for all of you who have been asking about a confirmation that you are on the FE List or the Palo Group Brunch list - I JUST NOW sent out an e-mail to each one of you. The only person I could not send one too (due to incomplete e-mail) I sent a message on the DIS to get their e-mail address.

Any questions, please PM me or e-mail me at disneymousehouse@disboards.net

Thanks all - Beverly

Hi All, :wave2:

DH and I just signed up for this cruise while on the Med/Venice cruise. We are very excited and looking forward to getting to know the group. :thumbsup2

:welcome::welcome: Glad that you will be joining us. Look forward to meeting you. We are going to be a fun group.:cool1::cool1:

I haven't had a chance to read all of the posts yet. In fact, I've only read the 1st post and the posts after my original, so I've pretty much read nothing! I'm going to try and catch up though and read everything in the next couple of days! With that said, I apologize if this info is somewhere and/or if it has been discussed before. If so, please forgive me.

Question 1:
I noticed from the few posts I have read that many people seem to be traveling without kids (which makes sense on a 2 week sailing). On past sailings we've found that most kids are older. Is there anyone traveling who will have a child the same age as Lorelai at the time of sailing? She will be 2 and a half. So, anyone with a 2 or 3 year old? We're going to sign up to link dining with others who have kids, but just thought we'd ask here too. We'd love some families with kids her age that we can have her hang with and/or link dining with. Thanks! :flower3:

Question 2:
Anyone staying and doing a week (or any amount of time) at WDW after the sailing? For us it will depend on money - we'll have to see if we can save enough to pay this part of the trip first :rotfl2: But - being DVC members our room would be free, and because of the cruise it's only 1 flight home, so it would almost be a shame to not go to WDW since we'll be in MCO. Really, the only cost for us would be food and tickets. Like I said though, we'll have to see how finances work out first. If we don't do that, then we might save up to try Europe or Aulani in 2015. Then again, this will be our last chance to take her to WDW and not have to pay for her ticket, lol! So maybe we should suck it up and make it happen? :confused3 We'd love to hear what everyone else's plans are!

No kid for us, but we are thinking about a couple of days at WDW...we would have Friday, Saturday and fly home Sunday. Can't really take any more time off since we plan to fly to San Diego a couple of days in advance of the cruise. If I had more time, I think I'd stay a couple days more.

Ok - I have a question! And...I apologize that I don't know names yet. I will learn names soon, promise!

I emailed the lady about the Palo Group Brunch but she said to ask David (I think), so I'm just going to post my questions and hope someone knows! :rotfl2:

Anyway - these are my questions:

When we did a group brunch in the Palo private dining room before they DID make us use our 1 lunch reservation in order to be included, the cruise line would not let us do this in addition to the one we were allowed to book. Do you know if that's still the case, or will they allow us to book our own brunch as well now? Also, previously, they made us go through all of these hoops of faxed requests with our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd preferred days, etc. etc. and of course, we weren't guaranteed to get any. Will you be advising us which dates you're submitting as the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd preferences? We will need to know this in advance so we can book enough nursery time on the right days to cover whichever date might go through. (Most people won't have a problem with this because their kids will be old enough to enjoy the kids club, it's just that our daughter will only be 2 and the minimum age for the kids club is 3). Anyway - if you could let me know on these things, that would be great!

No kids for us and we'll not be staying in FL because I'll really be missing the kids after two weeks. Otherwise I'd have all kinds of plans. Of course that's my problem I always over plan.

Welcome to everyone new!!!

If you PM me your email address that is attached to your Facebook account I will add you to that page.

Glad to see so many DVC members...so I guess we are not the only ones doing a K2K trip, hmm?

Again - welcome everyone!

Cayla

Ok - I have a question! And...I apologize that I don't know names yet. I will learn names soon, promise!

I emailed the lady about the Palo Group Brunch but she said to ask David (I think), so I'm just going to post my questions and hope someone knows! :rotfl2:

When we did a group brunch in the Palo private dining room before they DID make us use our 1 lunch reservation in order to be included, the cruise line would not let us do this in addition to the one we were allowed to book. Do you know if that's still the case, or will they allow us to book our own brunch as well now? Also, previously, they made us go through all of these hoops of faxed requests with our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd preferred days, etc. etc. and of course, we weren't guaranteed to get any. Will you be advising us which dates you're submitting as the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd preferences? We will need to know this in advance so we can book enough nursery time on the right days to cover whichever date might go through. (Most people won't have a problem with this because their kids will be old enough to enjoy the kids club, it's just that our daughter will only be 2 and the minimum age for the kids club is 3). Anyway - if you could let me know on these things, that would be great!

Good questions Jessica. I will try to find out something for you and everyone about the Palo Brunch. I'm not sure either, so I'll ask. I believe for the group Palo Brunch we will need to link our ressies all together, and only 1 of us needs to book the brunch for the group - not sure though, but I will try to find out. At least that is the way it worked on the one group Palo Brunch DW and I did a couple of years ago. You also want to know if we would be allowed to book a Palo Brunch individually later on in the cruise, right? I will also try to find this out as well. As a group we will need to decide which sea day, or if we need to submit to Disney 3 options, we would like to do the "Group Palo Brunch." That way everyone will know in advance the day we are planning the brunch. If anyone out there has some previous experiences with this and can offer an explanation, please let us know.

Question 1:

Question 2:

Hi Kidlette,
Our youngest 'child' is 26 , married and in grad school; so, no kids or grand kids with us on this trip. That sure makes me sound old : ( Currently, our youngest gk is 2.5yrs.
There are a few of us already committed to DisneyLand before the cruise and WDW afterwards. We'll probably stay 2 days at DL and 4 -5 days at WDW. We are currently booked at Port Orleans Riverside but that is always subject to change depending on pass holder discounts that open or possibly staying at one of the DVC villas, which we book through David's Vacation Club. I have added transportation to the resort on our cruise reservation.
While spouse hasn't confirmed his time off yet, fortunately he is 'high enough' up to be able to 'approve' his own vacation : ) so - God Willing- we are Kingdom to Kingdom bound!
You asked about ages for kids first trips: Our oldest and youngest were 4 on their first trip (WDW) and the middle was 2 (DL). 4-5 seems like the perfect age because they are really old enough to know what's going on and actually remember their first visit. Our middle child has vivid recollections of his first trip to WDW - which was his second Disney trip- because he was 6.5 yrs. He has no memory of the DL trip. We already booked a family trip / reunion group to WDW for spring of '14, and my grand kids will be 6 and 3.5 yrs. The 6 yr old heard us planning and is already excited and making plans on who he wants to meet and what he wants to do!
Anyway, whatever you decide, I'm sure you'll have a great time the first time you take your little one!
MMBL
Maria & Brian

Hi Kidlette -
I'm confused! Which 'one' lunch reservation are you referring? We've always made as many brunch, dinner specialty restaurant reservations as we have wanted without difficulty. Maybe we slipped through the cracks? Thanks!
Maria

I think maybe because there is so many sea days, Disney will be more open to letting us have more than 1 reservation.

No kids from me (unless something weird happens in the next couple months. I'm on BC and don't.... So unless I have an Anakin Skywalker type situation happen--- no kids. And wow I went really nerdy there!). Our "baby" in our group is going to be 27 on the ship....and she's my friend. :lol: I will be leaving a 5 year old golden retriever at home, so I can't make too many plans before or after because my critter cries when I'm gone.

Just an FYI...my December 2013 cruise group tried to book a group brunch on Fantasy and we were told they no longer book the private dining room for brunch. I know this is the Wonder, but it may carry over to all 4 ships. Has anyone called DCL and asked the question if this is possible?

Bob and I are also DVC members and our home resort is Beach Club :cool1:. Wish we had joined a lot sooner.

Just an FYI...my December 2013 cruise group tried to book a group brunch on Fantasy and we were told they no longer book the private dining room for brunch. I know this is the Wonder, but it may carry over to all 4 ships. Has anyone called DCL and asked the question if this is possible?

I'm getting in touch with DCL and hopefully I will have some answers to our questions soon. I'll be sure to ask if the private dining room will be available for a group Palo brunch. I'll let everyone know as soon as I know something. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter