• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wonderland Tea Party??

kenny

DIS Veteran
Anyone ever done this? What exactly is it. I read the kids decorate cup cakes but parents don't participate? What exactly goes on? Are parents allowed at the table with kids, etc.

Any info would be helpful. Thanks

Hi....My children have not done this, but this is what I found on the Dis about the tea party:

While not a princess experience, another fantasy meal to consider is the Wonderland Tea Party that takes place at 1900 Park Fare in the Grand Floridian Resort. Alice in Wonderland, accompanied by the Mad Hatter, hosts a luncheon in a delightful tea party setting. The children create and eat their own cupcakes. Please note: parents/guardians do not participate in this event. The price is $28.17 per child (potty friendly please). This is offered Monday through Friday at 1:30pm - 2:30

(Please note the characters are subject to change without notice.)

We went took DD to the WTP last year. Sadly, we got paged to pick her up before it was over...Way Before it was over. From what she tells me the Mad Hatter was so scary that she couldn't take it anymore. She was 4 :rotfl2: Over all if you child who isn't afraid of the Mad Hatter it's kinda neat. And a lot cheaper that the princess tea party

We went took DD to the WTP last year. Sadly, we got paged to pick her up before it was over...Way Before it was over. From what she tells me the Mad Hatter was so scary that she couldn't take it anymore. She was 4 :rotfl2: Over all if you child who isn't afraid of the Mad Hatter it's kinda neat. And a lot cheaper that the princess tea party

So the parents are physically with the children?

So the parents are physically with the children?

No - once the kids are seated at the table - the adults must leave. Don't worry - you get a pager just in case they need to contact you urgently!;)

Our DD went when she was 5 and she had a ball! I spent the hour shopping and at the PhotoPass desk in the Grand Floridian to buy our CD.:)

For us, it was money well spent. As previously stated, it is A LOT cheaper than the Princess tea party that they offer, as well.

DD did this when she was 5. She loved it! They sit at a long table with Alice at the head at one end and the mad hatter at the other end. So if your child is unsure sit them at the middle of the table if that makes sense. DD sat 1 down from the hatter and still laughs about him.

They also had a surprise for the parents when we arrive to pick her up but that was in Dec 2005 so it might have changed. We recommmend it! Dd actually enjoyed it more than the princess tea party, kids are alot better when pushy parents arent around to try and get their $225 worth out of an event.

My 4 year old son did this last fall when he was 3 1/2. (They used to take potty trained kids 3 years and up, but now it's 4 and up.) He LOVED it! It was easily the highlight of his trip. They had a fun tea party, played games, etc. He loved playing with Alice and the Mad Hatter - but mostly he loved the chance to play with other kids! I spent the time wandering the Grand Floridian shops.

Here are a few pics I got before the event. You get to go in with them, get them settled, take a few quick picks, and then you have to leave. The last picture was taken in the lobby right after the party.

417691620_a754620d27.jpg

417691951_918611cc97.jpg

417692153_bce1169672.jpg

417692372_752be31aa4.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter