Wondering....

Wendy5055

DIS Veteran
Are there any threads for Single Parents travelling to WDW with their kids? I know we face some hurdles that intact families don't and wondered if there was a forum for this?

Thank you!

Hi! Just wanted to say, I've been taking my kids to some of our trips to Disneyworld without DH since they were 4 and 6. He works a lot, and I am a SAHM (and love Disney), and I have had so much fun there even without him! There are always cast members and other adults around to talk to, and I also enjoy just hanging out with my kids.

I also like how easy Disney makes it, with transportation and so much to see and do. I definitely would recommend any single parent considering a Disney trip to look into it - sometimes I like it more when we don't have to worry about what DH wants to do!

Hi! Just wanted to say, I've been taking my kids to some of our trips to Disneyworld without DH since they were 4 and 6. He works a lot, and I am a SAHM (and love Disney), and I have had so much fun there even without him! There are always cast members and other adults around to talk to, and I also enjoy just hanging out with my kids.

I also like how easy Disney makes it, with transportation and so much to see and do. I definitely would recommend any single parent considering a Disney trip to look into it - sometimes I like it more when we don't have to worry about what DH wants to do!

And this is exactly why my DD and I are going alone. :rotfl:

He would rather pay for us to go by ourselves than endure Disney. He respects my love for Disney and encourages my desire to turn our daughter into a lover as well. :)

I don't know of a thread for single parents, but that doesn't mean there isn't one.

I'm a single mom, and I've taken my DD to WDW twice by myself. Once when she was 3.5 and again for her 5th birthday. I have another trip planned for August and she will be one month shy of 7. I consider WDW one of best vacation destinations for single parents. I feel pretty safe there. Transportation is taken care of. If you fly into MCO, your baggage is taken care of by the Magical Express. There are Kid's Clubs in case you want an evening to yourself. And there's no shortage of fun stuff to do.

I have taken 4 solo trips with my daughter who is now 8. They have been the best with just the two of us. Great mother daughter time. Priceless!!!

Thank you all so much for your encouragement!

I will be travelling with my dd8 in April and staying at the Poly. We are very excited and I am a bit nervous. Last year my mother came with me and dd which made a nice trip...this year I don't think she can come due to my fathers' health issues.

It is not our first trip to WDW by any means...just our first trip just the two of us.;) We are close too and I enjoy spending time with my daughter so childcare is not an issue.

We have the Dlx Dining Plan which seemed to work for us last year and was a great way to get all the character meet and greets in. DD8 really loves the MK and EPCOT (especially the Kim Possible Mission)...so we have park hoppers and also plan to swim at the pool before/after dinner (we love doing this too).

My only nervousness is basically from the travel to actually GET there...two plane trips with connections. :headache: Any survival tips?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter