• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Wondering" if We'll Be On the Wonder November 16, 2013

We're biting the bullet and telling the kids this weekend!!! For us it's 'only 3 months' but for the kids I know it'll be 'omg that's forever!'...so we'll probably be regretting that decision about a week later but we really want to get them into the planning stage at some point. I was trying to convince my 12 year old that she needs dress shoes (for formal night) and she's giving me a 'mommy is crazy' look because she knows that she really needs back to school shoes, not dress shoes. Ah well, it'll all make sense to her on Sunday.

In my mind I keep going, 3 months, 3 months OMG only 3 months. Can't decide if I'm excited or scared of all the things we still need to do!

Honestly I'm a little scared to be in the same house right now while she gets everything ready and finished! Lol!

my husband adheres to the policy - stay out my way and to tell him when and where to be and he will have a good time. Works for us. My son on the other hand has OCD and trusting me to get it all done is another story.

Dh is like can we please talk about something other than Disney! Just soooooo glad my teenage daughter still wants to talk to me at all. And do not see what the problem is with talking about Disney.:dance3:
Got out FE hanger started. Next step make 2 more payments then passports. Good to have a plan.:cheer2:

A friend is making our FE for me. I can't wait to see it. I bought the fabric and mailed it to her and gave her free creative reign.

Usually my older son and his wife go on our Disney excursions so I can talk to them before a trip. They can't go this time so I have no one to share my excitement. DH and younger son always have fun when we get there but they don't want to hear about it continually. :confused3 I can't understand why.

Hello!! We just booked this cruise with my sister and her family. We would love to join in on the FE fun. It will be 2 families to join the list.
Who is organizing it?
Should I just post our info here?
We sailed with Disney Wonder in January and the FE group was a highlight for my family.

FE sign up is on the Facebook page Cruise Disney Wonder Galveston Nov.16. But you need to hurry sign up is closing August 21.Oh and welcome.:cheer2:

Dh is like can we please talk about something other than Disney! Just soooooo glad my teenage daughter still wants to talk to me at all. And do not see what the problem is with talking about Disney.:dance3:
Got out FE hanger started. Next step make 2 more payments then passports. Good to have a plan.:cheer2:

I'll always talk to you momma if its about Disney!

Yay! I can talk to the kids about it now! We did the grand 'reveal' yesterday afternoon. Kids have been bouncing off the walls ever since (fortunately(?) I am at work today so dh is having to deal with it)

I video'd their reaction but haven't had a chance to edit/upload. It went pretty much as we figured: confusion, excitement, anger, then back to excitement :rotfl2:.

And we've already had to use the 'if you don't behave we'll cancel the trip!' threat...which they know is a bluff seeing as mom & dad are as excited as they are.

Yay! I'm so glad we are under the 90 day mark. I also am on a diet since I would like my clothes to fit when we get back and I have full intention on eating desert every day and participating in some of the various tastings. Yay!

And don't forget - there's self-serve ice cream on deck 9!!! I didn't know that on our last cruise. How did I not know that last time?! I swear that's the first thing I'm doing when we get on board this time - EAT ICE CREAM!!! Then get a drink of the day. Then EAT MORE ICE CREAM! :rotfl2:

And don't forget - there's self-serve ice cream on deck 9!!! I didn't know that on our last cruise. How did I not know that last time?! I swear that's the first thing I'm doing when we get on board this time - EAT ICE CREAM!!! Then get a drink of the day. Then EAT MORE ICE CREAM! :rotfl2:

Count me in! We still have not to the kids.....I'm glad you had the courage. I just can't stand listening to "how many more nights?" 800 times a week. Lol

Count me in! We still have not to the kids.....I'm glad you had the courage. I just can't stand listening to "how many more nights?" 800 times a week. Lol

My 8 yo has already complained "why couldn't you have waited to just tell us the day we leave?"

I told her that if she keeps complaining that we'd go without her and tell her when we got back. That shut her up. For a while.

I made them both countdown calendars for their rooms so at least they can figure out their own 'how many sleeps?'

Oh, and Dh and our 12 yo went through every menu they could find yesterday, trying to decide what to eat. Talk about proactive!

Been looking at excursion. Think we are going to swim with the dolphins in Falmouth, and we definitely want to tour the ruins and the tequilla factory in Cozumel, having a little trouble deciding about Cayman excursion. Any suggestions. The one I was originally looking at toured the rum factory, but that option seems to have disappeared!:moped::cool2::beach:

On another forum. someone posted pics of the tours you can book just at the port in Grand Cayman and one was the rum factory tour :) We were just going to wait till we got there until my dd found out about the turtle farm and swimming with the stingrays so now we're booking a non-DCL excursion for those :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter