Wondering if the person who got downgraded at GF last week is back yet?

Misty89

DIS Veteran
i am dying to find out what happened, if anything.
you showed so much grace under fire :grouphug:

I totally missed this and now I'm curious ... can anyone give me a Reader's Digest version? Are you saying they paid for one type of room, but got stuck w/another?

She already posted on the original post, right after she checked in.

Suzanne

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1961598&page=6 Greenpea posted from the GF in a deluxe king size bedroom with a beautiful castle room she also got discounted half of the room rate each night. As well she found out that people were in both suites.

Wow. I can't believe they actually denied Greenpea the room they'd booked and paid for. That would not have gone over well at my house. No friggin' way. Glad Greenpea was able to make it work, though!! :thumbsup2

So glad you asked this Misty89! I was dying to find out too, and missed the update on the original thread - I'm glad greenpeas got comped too. Thanks for asking!

Wow. I can't believe they actually denied Greenpea the room they'd booked and paid for.

1) This does happen at WDW on a regular basis.
2) Fortunately, there are not l lot of them, and they don't written about.
3) People just do not realize - NO ROOM AT WDW IS GUARANTEED.
4) It is what it is.

4) It is what it is.

1)State
2)Your
3)Official
4)Source

The confirmation I have from Disney states:

"Disney reserves the right to cancel or modify a room reservation (including after the room reservation has been confirmed) if the room reservation includes or resulted from a mistake or error of any kind, including but not limited to, a mistake in the rate, resort or room type, or where it appears that a guest has engaged in fraudulent or misleading activity in making the room reservation."

Bumping a guest so someone else can occupy the room isn't "an error" ... it's a deliberate choice.

4) It is what it is.

If I pay for a king bed room, castle view, and I request room number 248, it is fair that they end up not being able to give me room 248 and instead give me room 347 instead, as long as I get the castle view since it is a perk that costs extra.

Likewise, if I reserve and pay for a suite, while I cannot guarantee what suite I will get, I PAID FOR THE SUITE, it is due to me. It is completely crap that someone can come in behind me and in essence steal the room from me. It's like the Seinfeld routine where the hotel does not quite understand what 'reservation' means, I mean, they can TAKE the reservation, they just cannot honor it.

I'm glad it worked out for Greenpea, and the lowered rate was a nice touch, but what if this was a once-in-a-lifetime trip, or if money is no object for Greenpea? Completely classless of the hotel.

. . . "Disney reserves the right to cancel or modify a room reservation (including after the room reservation has been confirmed) . . .

1) You answered your own question.
2) Please, I do not make the rules.
3) I just answered a question.

NOTE: If we assume she was bumped due to someone else taking the room, let's discuss a fact of life. WDW has three levels of VIP. Level-3 is easy to get and doesn't mean much. However, Level-2 and Level-1 are important to Disney. In many cases, VIP's do get special treatment. Also, major customers and others of Disney or ABC, including Disney/ABC execs, get special treatment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter