wondering if I should switch booking to a TA

daisyx3

DIS Veteran
I booked my 2017 cruise online last month, thinking that IF it saved me money I would rebook it while on my Dream cruise in March and take advantage of the onboard 10% off and OBC. Well, it's already gone up 10% so no point in rebooking. I used a TA for the Dream cruise; if I switch my booking there they would give me 1/2 the normal OBC for a Fantasy cruise, which is $100. I admit I do like using the TA; I never have to sit on the phone with DCL and she has taken care of my ground transfers, pre-paying tips, making payments, etc....I email and it gets done and I don't have to waste my planning period on hold. Would there be any cons to switching that I'm not thinking of?
Daisyx3

I booked my 2017 cruise online last month, thinking that IF it saved me money I would rebook it while on my Dream cruise in March and take advantage of the onboard 10% off and OBC. Well, it's already gone up 10% so no point in rebooking. I used a TA for the Dream cruise; if I switch my booking there they would give me 1/2 the normal OBC for a Fantasy cruise, which is $100. I admit I do like using the TA; I never have to sit on the phone with DCL and she has taken care of my ground transfers, pre-paying tips, making payments, etc....I email and it gets done and I don't have to waste my planning period on hold. Would there be any cons to switching that I'm not thinking of?
Daisyx3
The only one I can think of is the lesser OBC. But --- it's still OBC.

Daisyx3

Main dinner room may be " late" dinner if you booked Early dinner.
Your favourite stateroom location nay gave gone.
On ship as you say prices up 10% or more.
Note if your considering a TA switch must be done within 30 days of booking, may\May not be applicable.

I would just move my current booking to a TA, not rebook anymore. And we have late dinner. My booking date was Jan. 16 so I have two days max to make up my mind.

Last edited:
Here's an update. I emailed my TA on Saturday to go ahead, figuring $100 OBC was worth the trouble. I never heard back and today is 31 days (since Jan. is 31 days and I booked Jan. 16). Guess a transfer of booking wasn't something she was interested in!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter