Wondering about Beach Club

Minckemom

Earning My Ears
Do most people like staying at the Beach Club? We are staying there in October, but when I read about it on tripadvisor it sounded like a big smelly, moldy mess. :confused3

Do most people like staying at the Beach Club? We are staying there in October, but when I read about it on tripadvisor it sounded like a big smelly, moldy mess. :confused3

You need to check out the Beach Club facts thread:

2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends

I have stayed there many, many times and it is not a moldy, smelly mess. In fact, I haven't seen anyone on that thread make any comments about their room being moldy or smelly. It is a very nice resort with very comfortable rooms. :goodvibes

I would not trust Trip Advisor on that one.

You may want to try posting this on the main Resorts Board- this ended up on the resort photo thread.

If you want to read up on the Beach Club, click on the link in my signature. There are some reviews and trip report links at the bottom of the first post in that thread.

I have stayed at the BC twice, 2009 and 2010, and at that time did not find it to be a mess. Someone recently raised these concerns after reading posts on trip advisor, but many people had different experiences at the BC.

Best of luck with your decision.

Dee

Beach Club...ahhhh....:love: We loved it. Plain and simple.

Thank you!!! It looks wonderful on the Beach Club FAQ page! I think I will stop reading Tripadvisor...

How do I move this thread?

We love the Beach Club! You will have a great trip!

I love Trip Advisor and cruise critic for all my travel EXCEPT disney stuff. There seems to be a bias over there on all things Disney.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I like TA for the user photos only ;)
You can trust the Dis much more for anything Disney related :thumbsup2

The BC is a great resort and I would take any reviews with a grain of salt (for any hotel/resort). No resort is perfect and all of them have their flaws, but the BC is beautiful and you can't beat being within walking distance to Epcot and DHS.

We absolutely love Beach Club! It's my personal favorite :) It is very fresh and clean and the lobby smells amazing! The theming is beautiful, the cast members go out of their way to make your stay magical, and Stormalong Bay is fantastic. Plus, the location is so convenient to Epcot and HS. You're going to love it!

Omg it is absolutely NONE of those!! IMO it's just a gorgeous resort and definitely our favorite one. We love the rooms, pool, etc. We've never had a problem there. Hopefully you will like it just as much! enjoy! :thumbsup2

It's beautiful! Don't believe those reports. It smells amazing in the resort. Its so quaint.

We have been going to the Beach Club for over 20 years. It's great.
Never had a problem. Never smelly......Enjoy!!!!

We stayed at BC in 2010 in the BC villas on rented points .The studio rooms in the villas could definitely use an upgrade. My daughter and husband did not like it at all. I was ok with it because we had rented the room for so little money - about the price of a value resort at the time. I have asthma and experienced no problems with mold. We frequently used the walkway around BC to Epcot and many rooms that we walked past in BC Resort (not the villas)had curtains open and we could see in them. The rooms looked really nice and clean to me- white, pretty, and very peaceful. Some people like modern, streamlined hotel rooms but Disney doesn't have hotel rooms. They have resort rooms and I loved the atmosphere of BC. You felt like you had your on little beach cottage-not luxurious but comfortable and homey (home away from home). The rest of my family prefers AKL over BC for atmosphere and room decor. In my opinion, the negative of BC is the bus route to MK and AK. When we were there in NOV 2010, the bus picked us up at BC and made rounds to YC, Dolphin, Swan, and BWI before contuing to MK and AK. This was time consuming. On the other hand, it was less than a five minute walk to epcot and a short fairy ride to HS. Also, the layout of the poolgrounds is a little confusing and, as with many deluxe resorts, there is not much of a food court - So you just have to plan quick service eating in advance. Cape May Character breakfast is great though.

We didn't experience any bad smells, or musty smells or mold - that would have been a deal breaker for me and I would not want to pay rack price to stay in a studio villa room. But I do believe the BC resort rooms are worth the price they normally get.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter