WONDERful time WONDERing around Alaska - 5/24/2014 - w/Photo's & Navigator's

Hi we are from Ga also. Did you fly out of Atlanta to Vancouver? What airline did you use?

Hello Georgia. We drove to Atlanta, which is a little over 2 hours from our home. We flew Delta to Seattle and made a mad dash to Alaska Air, for less than an hour flight into Vancouver. Customs in Vancouver was nuts, took us over 2 hours to get thru. So, plan for delays.

Really enjoying your trip report - great pictures, especially like the raptor center. I also saw that you were travelling with a celebrity. In post #17, in your picture with Goofy is the world famous Gold Mickey. He even has his own facebook page with pictures from the cruise.

Really enjoying your trip report - great pictures, especially like the raptor center. I also saw that you were travelling with a celebrity. In post #17, in your picture with Goofy is the world famous Gold Mickey. He even has his own facebook page with pictures from the cruise.

Thank, and I saw the world famous Gold Mickey many times on my cruise and enjoyed seeing him out and about. I had never seen him before. Maybe he will show up on my b2b cruises next summer.

Loved your trip report! Cruising to Alaska is on my bucket list. DH was born in Alaska although his family moved him to lower 48 soon after so he doesn't remember it. What did you see as the biggest difference with Wonder and Magic? Our first cruise was on the Magic.

Just saw we are on the same cruise in June! Hopefully you will have a trip report on that one as well so I can relive the memories.

Thank you so much for such an informative report. Now I wish we were getting on the Wonder tomorrow instead of 58 days from now. I hope to do as good of report as yourself and also look forward to the report that you do on your next adventure in Norway/Iceland (Wow!), would love to do that cruise.

Loved your trip report! Cruising to Alaska is on my bucket list. DH was born in Alaska although his family moved him to lower 48 soon after so he doesn't remember it. What did you see as the biggest difference with Wonder and Magic? Our first cruise was on the Magic.

We have been on the Magic for 5 cruises and was on the Wonder for the first time for this cruise. We will be on the newly refurbished Magic in June and can't wait to see what they have done to her. But, I have to say we preferred the Magic. I loved the decor so much better on the Magic. That is just a matter of taste though. My favorite Disney cruise would be the 11 night Med cruise we did on the Magic. The Alaska cruise is much more laid back. There wasn't much entertainment going on deckside. No deck parties, except for Tracey Arm. They aren't allowed to have music or announcements out on deck. But, you have the scenery.

Just saw we are on the same cruise in June! Hopefully you will have a trip report on that one as well so I can relive the memories.

I'm super-excited about our B2B in June. I plan on doing a trip report, but not sure how fast I'll be able to get it up. We don't have long at all now.

Thank you for your awesome trip report! We (me, husband, son) are going this June on our 1st disney cruise --- and it's to Alaska on the Wonder.
I'm from warm weather climate (Florida!) and I don't want to overpack, but I know I'll need a good jacket & base layers. I love your white North Face jacket (I'm definitely going to look for it online) and the boots that you were wearing on your excursions. Would you mind telling me if the boots were comfortable what the brand/style is? Also, is the jacket an extra thick puffy jacket or just a shell? Thanks a million! (And have a wonderful b2b cruise filled summer!)

Thank you for your awesome trip report! We (me, husband, son) are going this June on our 1st disney cruise --- and it's to Alaska on the Wonder.
I'm from warm weather climate (Florida!) and I don't want to overpack, but I know I'll need a good jacket & base layers. I love your white North Face jacket (I'm definitely going to look for it online) and the boots that you were wearing on your excursions. Would you mind telling me if the boots were comfortable what the brand/style is? Also, is the jacket an extra thick puffy jacket or just a shell? Thanks a million! (And have a wonderful b2b cruise filled summer!)

Awe, thanks for the kind words. I hope you have an awesome trip to Alaska this June, my DH and I will be heading over Europe to do a B2B on the Magic in June, so we both will be having Magical and Wonderful vacations.

My jack is not a shell, but it isn't the thickest puffy jacket that North Face has either. My boots are Uggs. They are the most comfortable boots ever. They have the fur on the inside and the outside is a leather suede material. They don't stain when getting we though. They are my favorite.

A tip, take some clothes for low to high 60's. The only day it was really cold was Tracey Arm.

You are so WONDERful for writing this WONDERful recap!!! We are looking into Alaska cruise for 2016 and debating between Princess of DCL. We just got off the Disney Wonder a couple weeks ago. Loved it! I'll definitely be referring back to your post for guidance. Thank you again! :)

You are so WONDERful for writing this WONDERful recap!!! We are looking into Alaska cruise for 2016 and debating between Princess of DCL. We just got off the Disney Wonder a couple weeks ago. Loved it! I'll definitely be referring back to your post for guidance. Thank you again! :)
Awe, thanks for reading. The Wonder is a great ship and I'm glad you enjoyed your time on her. You will have a wonderful time no matter what itinerary you choose. My husband is the cruise snob. He cruised twice on Carnival and refuses to go again. Just remember, Alaska is a different kind of cruise. The energy on the ship is not as high as on the other itineraries. Not to say it isn't great, just different.

Awe, thanks for reading. The Wonder is a great ship and I'm glad you enjoyed your time on her. You will have a wonderful time no matter what itinerary you choose. My husband is the cruise snob. He cruised twice on Carnival and refuses to go again. Just remember, Alaska is a different kind of cruise. The energy on the ship is not as high as on the other itineraries. Not to say it isn't great, just different.

Thanks for your report, i found it very informative, and it looks like you had a great time. We are leaving on the Members cruise to Alaska on May 25..I can't wait. I was trying to judge the weather by your pictures, any tips you can give me?

Thanks for your report, i found it very informative, and it looks like you had a great time. We are leaving on the Members cruise to Alaska on May 25..I can't wait. I was trying to judge the weather by your pictures, any tips you can give me?
Thanks for reading and liking my posts. As far as the weather, our vacation was quite nice. The coldest I was the entire trip was the excursion to see the eagles and walking through the national forest looking at the totem poles. It was extremely windy that day, so that is why is was soooo cold. The next coldest day was the Tracey Arm day. But that day was very bearable. I don't remember being extremely cold. Everything else was high 50's to low 60's. Our last post was very warm. I found I wished I had shorts and short sleeves that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter