Wonderful time at All Star Music!

JDiva02

Earning My Ears
We just came back from three nights (Sept. 16-19) at Music. It was great.
This was a TANK trip for DH and me and our first stay at WDW since '94 (when we stayed at Port Orleans).

Check in:

We arrived at 11:45 A.M. after driving 8 hours from Atlanta. (we were wide awake at 1:30 and at 2:30 gave up tossing and turning and went and ahead and got up, out the door at 3:45 A.M.)

Of course we were so very tired when we arrived and were praying our room would be ready. When we walked into the lobby my heart sank because the line was so long. However, they had a lot of CMs working behind the desk and we were checked in w/in 15 minutes, and our room was ready. The CM who checked us in was friendly and helpful.

The room:

We had a preferred room in Calypso. I had asked for a quiet room not too far from the elevator. We were in room 345, on the side opposite from the pool and the first room after the elevator and vending room. I was concerned that we would hear a lot of traffic from elevator and ice machine, but the way those areas were set up we never heard any noise.

The room was very clean and well maintained. Colors of the room were very pretty and tasteful. The room was somewhat small, but more than adequate for us. We had plenty of drawer and storage space.

We had a towel Mickey on the bed when we checked in. The next day Mousekeeping left a washcloth bunny, and the next day left a towel bird. We met our mousekeeper one morning and she was very sweet and very pleasant, and our room was always spotless when we came back in.

The beds were comfortable, and there were plenty of extra pillows in the room. We had tons of towels and wash cloths too.

I did hear some noises from other rooms while I was awake, but there weren't any noises that caused us to wake up or disturbed our sleep. The noises were usual type--doors opening, showers running, but they weren't at all intrusive.

The pool:

We were near the main pool. Pool area was clean, and they had games and activities for the kids. We had fun watching the kids. In the evening when we came back from the parks I went swimming and it was cool to watch a movie while I was splashing around.

There were a lot of kids, and they seemed like kids--playing, having a good time, but they were well behaved. I did not feel as if kids were being left unsupervised to run amok.

Buses:

Buses were fast and efficient. Most of the time a bus had just arrived or arrived as we walked up to the stop. I was impressed that the buses were felxible. We were line at the Epcot stop as the bus before us had just pulled away. As we were waiting, a bus marked AK came in and stopped for the AK stop. As that bus was loading, another bus marked AK drove up, but when the driver saw a bus at the AK stop, he changed his sign to Epcot and came on to the Epcot stop.

When we left MGM, it was right after Fantasmic, so the stop was crowded. We had to wait for three buses before we got on, but the buses came fast and we only waited about 15 minutes total.

Resort in general:

We strolled through the resort. It really is pretty and well landscaped. I really loved the fountain in Jazz. The other guests were fine, I did not see any excessive drinking, or inappropriate behavior. We did not see anyone smoking in any area of the resort.

I can't comment on the food court. We brought a coffee maker and cooler so every morning we had coffee, fruit cups, powdered donuts and yogurt in our room, and ate the rest of our meals in the park.

I think calling Music a value resort is really appropriate. I felt that we got a great value for our money. I have paid a lot more for a hotels and had far worse service and experiences.

Lee

Thank you so much for your review. My family and I will be staying at Music in just a few weeks on our first family trip to Disney World. You have given us even more reason to look forward to our vacation.

Music is the most tame of the value resorts and the rooms have just been refurbished. You will enjoy your stay here.

We just came back from three nights (Sept. 16-19) at Music. It was great.
This was a TANK trip for DH and me and our first stay at WDW since '94 (when we stayed at Port Orleans).

Check in:

We arrived at 11:45 A.M. after driving 8 hours from Atlanta. (we were wide awake at 1:30 and at 2:30 gave up tossing and turning and went and ahead and got up, out the door at 3:45 A.M.)

Of course we were so very tired when we arrived and were praying our room would be ready. When we walked into the lobby my heart sank because the line was so long. However, they had a lot of CMs working behind the desk and we were checked in w/in 15 minutes, and our room was ready. The CM who checked us in was friendly and helpful.

The room:

We had a preferred room in Calypso. I had asked for a quiet room not too far from the elevator. We were in room 345, on the side opposite from the pool and the first room after the elevator and vending room. I was concerned that we would hear a lot of traffic from elevator and ice machine, but the way those areas were set up we never heard any noise.

The room was very clean and well maintained. Colors of the room were very pretty and tasteful. The room was somewhat small, but more than adequate for us. We had plenty of drawer and storage space.

We had a towel Mickey on the bed when we checked in. The next day Mousekeeping left a washcloth bunny, and the next day left a towel bird. We met our mousekeeper one morning and she was very sweet and very pleasant, and our room was always spotless when we came back in.

The beds were comfortable, and there were plenty of extra pillows in the room. We had tons of towels and wash cloths too.

I did hear some noises from other rooms while I was awake, but there weren't any noises that caused us to wake up or disturbed our sleep. The noises were usual type--doors opening, showers running, but they weren't at all intrusive.

The pool:

We were near the main pool. Pool area was clean, and they had games and activities for the kids. We had fun watching the kids. In the evening when we came back from the parks I went swimming and it was cool to watch a movie while I was splashing around.

There were a lot of kids, and they seemed like kids--playing, having a good time, but they were well behaved. I did not feel as if kids were being left unsupervised to run amok.

Buses:

Buses were fast and efficient. Most of the time a bus had just arrived or arrived as we walked up to the stop. I was impressed that the buses were felxible. We were line at the Epcot stop as the bus before us had just pulled away. As we were waiting, a bus marked AK came in and stopped for the AK stop. As that bus was loading, another bus marked AK drove up, but when the driver saw a bus at the AK stop, he changed his sign to Epcot and came on to the Epcot stop.

When we left MGM, it was right after Fantasmic, so the stop was crowded. We had to wait for three buses before we got on, but the buses came fast and we only waited about 15 minutes total.

Resort in general:

We strolled through the resort. It really is pretty and well landscaped. I really loved the fountain in Jazz. The other guests were fine, I did not see any excessive drinking, or inappropriate behavior. We did not see anyone smoking in any area of the resort.

I can't comment on the food court. We brought a coffee maker and cooler so every morning we had coffee, fruit cups, powdered donuts and yogurt in our room, and ate the rest of our meals in the park.

I think calling Music a value resort is really appropriate. I felt that we got a great value for our money. I have paid a lot more for a hotels and had far worse service and experiences.

Lee

Thanks for the great post. A few questions:

Did you feel that paying extra for the preferred room was worth it? How far of a walk do you think you would have had to the main pool & food court had you been in the furthest back bldng. (just thinking worst case scenario if we didn't do preferred)?

Did they give any indication while you were there on how long the pool entertainment/movies would go on?

Glad that the bus service was easy. How was transportation to other resorts, did this take forever. And, how was transportation to DTD, I have heard it is not the best from the Value Resorts

Thank you.

Dear Nklooz:

I think if we had been in one or two buildings back from Calypso it would not have been a bad walk. Any further than that I think it could be a hike especially with kids. The preferred room is about 10-12 bucks more per night. We are returning in December, and we aren't doing a preferred room, but I will request a room in the Jazz section.

I don't remember hearing anything while I was there at music about how long the activities would last, but I think I have seen in other posts that it will be through the end of September.

We were only there a few days so we did not go to DTD until on our way out, when we drove our own car. We only used the buses for going to and from the parks and we did not have any problems with that.

Lee

Thank you so much for your review. My family will be staying in one of the suites Dec 19th Thru the 28th 2008 and we can hardly wait. This will be our kids first trip to disney and they are all teenagers. I took my first trip to Disney in July of 2007. I know we will all have a great time. Thanks again!!! :woohoo: :cool1: :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter