• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wonderful Panama Canal Sept 2014

Hey everybody! Since I'm still waiting to be added to the Facebook group I'm just going to put this out here. My husband used to design board and card games for a living, and over the years (even well after leaving the industry) he has acquired quite the collection of games. We are considering bringing a couple of "packable" games (mostly card games as we don't want to damage any game boards in our travels) with us on the cruise. Is there anybody out there who would be interested in meeting up a couple of times to play a game or two?

Also, we're looking into taking the train down to San Diego since we're spending some time at Disneyland before the cruise. We are looking into either the 9:00 or 10:30 train. For those of you who are doing the same, what time did you book and how early would you suggest to leave Disneyland?

I'm a gamer.

Sooooo anti Disney :scared1:

Excuse me. Go back and read my prior post.

If I was anti-Disney, the bonus room in my house wouldn't be painted red/black/yellow. Or have cells, sketches and other memorabilia on the walls. Or have shelves of stuffed characters. Or have MM themed drapery.

I also wouldn't be traveling on DCL!

According to a cast member currently on vacation from the Wonder, Anna and Elsa are a definite. Not that I, personally, care. Give me the classic characters any day!

Here are my two pennies on "Frozen": without realizing it I have been doing my hair like Anna for YEARS! (I even had a white streak down the center. Not the best look. It was more of a Rogue, from "X-Men" then Anna) I liked the plot that centered around sisters. My sister and I had a very rocky relationship growing up, so this movie was great. Some of the stills/promotional art makes the girls look a little weird though....

But this is my favorite parody of it...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78g0SyQjU1s

Hey everybody! Since I'm still waiting to be added to the Facebook group I'm just going to put this out here. My husband used to design board and card games for a living, and over the years (even well after leaving the industry) he has acquired quite the collection of games. We are considering bringing a couple of "packable" games (mostly card games as we don't want to damage any game boards in our travels) with us on the cruise. Is there anybody out there who would be interested in meeting up a couple of times to play a game or two?

I love board games! Love Scrabble and stuff like Who Knew?

So I found out for those "Guardians of the Galaxy" fans, there are a tony of Easter Eggs! And there's an Easter Egg/Pixar/George Lucas moment. If y'all know your George Lucas history (which DUH! You should!) Lucas Films made a movie called "Howard the Duck." It was based on a Marvel property and it had Elizabeth Schue (I think that's how you spell her name) as the "love interest" (yep love interest for an alien duck....). The movie horribly flopped. So Lucasfilms lost money and lost/sold their animation department to Apple/Jobs. This became Pixar. Sometimes people wonder how Apple and Pixar got connected. This is how. So now Disney owns both Marvel and Pixar and there is a little weird critter in the movie for a flash and you miss it moment. People are asking "who is that? What is that?!" Howard the Duck! What's interesting is he was such a flop and there was a lot of drama back when the movie came out. But the fact that he popped up in the movie raises a lot of questions. Are we getting another Howard the Duck movie (please be better than the original!) or is it a little jab about Marvel's/Disney's/Lucasfilm's shared history...? Here are pictures of the character I'm talking about:

Original movie version. This character gave me nightmares. And current movie version....

Why am I sharing this/going on my rant? We're going to be on a boat for 2 weeks and this movie is going to be playing! I wanted to throw some education/nerd-cation for our vacation. And that way Leannda knows if I come back super nerdy this weekend... this is the reason why.

yes please I would like a band for myself and my husband. Can you please tell me how I can join the facebook group. Thank you

Also, we're looking into taking the train down to San Diego since we're spending some time at Disneyland before the cruise. We are looking into either the 9:00 or 10:30 train. For those of you who are doing the same, what time did you book and how early would you suggest to leave Disneyland?[/QUOTE]

Currently the group of us are taking the 9:08 train, specifically business class, which arrives in San Diego at approximately 11:20 AM. I am planning on leaving the GCV at around 7 AM, which gives me wiggle room for delays and traffic. Not sure what the others are planning, I am confident that at least some of us will share transportation to the station and to the port.

yes please I would like a band for myself and my husband. Can you please tell me how I can join the facebook group. Thank you

You'll need to send a PM to Padalyn with your e-mail address - she's the only admin on there so she's the only one who can approve you!

will there be a character breakfast while we are on board as we have 3+ sea days? If so, do we only find out our assigned day when on board? Don't want it to conflict with the PJ breakfast!

Someone correct me if I'm mistaken, but I believe there is more than one character breakfast.

It used to be that the (optional) character breakfast was held in Parrot Cay the morning after you had the Animator's Palate show at supper. Since you're unlikely to know your dining rotation before you board, that means you won't know when your Animator's Palate show is, and hence, when your character breakfast will be.

That being the case, if your character breakfast conflicts with the pj breakfast, you might try asking your wait staff if you could switch to another character breakfast. They would know, because you normally have your own wait staff for the breakfast.

Does anyone know if this is still the way they schedule it?

Hope this helps, :flower3:
Richard

I think there was 3 character breakfasts on our EBTA last year and ours was the last morning before debarking and I have just checked and yes it was after our dinner in Animators.

Sincere apologies if this has been asked/discussed already (this is one mighty busy thread!) ... What are people (particularly non-US) doing about currency for the Mexico and Columbia excursions? I understand that the ship can exchange currency and wondered how their rates compared. We aren't thinking of spending a lot of cash during those stops so I was thinking that taking US$ with us and then getting the ship to exchange as we need might be the most stress-free solution even if the rate isn't great? Anyway - comments and thoughts welcome! Thanks. Philip

I was told to take US $ in small bills. That has worked for me in the past. Also you are better able to barter the price of things.

Hey everybody! Since I'm still waiting to be added to the Facebook group I'm just going to put this out here. My husband used to design board and card games for a living, and over the years (even well after leaving the industry) he has acquired quite the collection of games. We are considering bringing a couple of "packable" games (mostly card games as we don't want to damage any game boards in our travels) with us on the cruise. Is there anybody out there who would be interested in meeting up a couple of times to play a game or two? Also, we're looking into taking the train down to San Diego since we're spending some time at Disneyland before the cruise. We are looking into either the 9:00 or 10:30 train. For those of you who are doing the same, what time did you book and how early would you suggest to leave Disneyland?

We are taking the 9:30 from Irvine, a few stops after Disneyland. We will get to San Diego by 10:54. I am not sure when we will be allowed to board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter