Wonderful Panama Canal Sept 2014

Heelllloooooooooooo Everybody!!!!.........................I can't hear you.......I said Heeelllllllooooooooooooooooo Everybody!!! Ok, ok, I see some of you there in the back just mouthing the words.........and you here in the front.........who paid you to scream that loud!!!

Anyways, with our cruise coming up pretty fast now and with the Fish Extender Exchange on most everyone's mind, I want to tell you all a little story. So sit back................get your popcorn popcorn::..........get your drinks :drinking1 and sit back to read a sad but true story. (It ain't too sad.....but it is oh so true.) It was the best of times, it was the worse of times....................wait a minute, that ain't right.................it all started with our B2B cruise on the Disney Dream back in 2011. (There that is a better beginning.) Our itinerary was for the 4 day cruise first and then the 3 day. On the 4 day cruise we did not participate in the FE exchange. It was not a very active group here on the DIS Board, but the 3 day cruise was a very active group. So we chose to part take in that FE Exchange. So, after reboarding the dream and we got back into our stateroom I put out our Fish Extender on our fish by our door. Everything went well for the cruise. We had a GREAT time, made some wonderful friends, and as usual the cruise went all too fast. So on our last evening on board the ship, Donna and I were in our stateroom. We decided to start the necessary repacking of our clothes, to put our luggage out by the door later that evening. Upon entering our stateroom I checked our Fish Extender to see if we got any more packages. But alas, it was empty. So after we started packing Donna said, why don't you bring in our Fish Extender and pack that away. Maybe 5 minutes...........5 minutes had passed from us entering the room to me going to the door to take the Fish Extender down. I opened the door and our Fish Extender was gone. Someone had stolen it. Neither of us are very crafty so I bought ours from a very nice lady on Ebay. It was not an expensive Fish Extender, but it was the idea that someone stole it from us. I checked with Guest Services but no one turned anything in. I checked several times before we got off the ship. No luck. So, I mention this to all of you to beware and to take along some of those plastic ties to anchor your Fish Extender to the fish outside of your door. If I had done that we probably would still have that Fish Extender to this day. (But, to add a foot note here, after we got back home, I contacted that same nice lady to make us a new Fish Extender. She had changed her designs since our first one, and now we have a new and improved Fish Extender, that we like even better then the first one!!!):cool1::yay::yay::yay: Again, remember those plastic ties!!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Wow! That's insane! Thanks for the advice, will do. Soooo sad that this even needs to be done though. As another question - we have a couple of larger items (plushes for the babies on our list) - that may not fit in the extender or after reading your post, I would not feel comfortable putting them inside because they would stick out conspicuously...any suggestions?

Have a very excited 5yr old year old here. This will be our first family trip on a cruise ship not to mention traveling all the way from Australia. Our daughter can't wait to meet other kids and play with them. For shore excursions and idea on what ones a 5yr would like ?

:welcome::welcome: We look forward to meeting you!!

Hi everyone! I'm new to this whole forum and discussion board thing. Actually just found it by accident because I had justo heard of fish extenders and started researching. We will be on the Panama Canal cruise and are very excited. So I just wanted to say hi and how I love reading all this new information although I am a little overwhelmed. :cool1:

:welcome::welcome: I'm sure that 180 pages of messages is a bit overwhelming. Interested to know just how long it takes to read through all of those pages from the beginning.

Heelllloooooooooooo Everybody!!!!.........................I can't hear you.......I said Heeelllllllooooooooooooooooo Everybody!!! Ok, ok, I see some of you there in the back just mouthing the words.........and you here in the front.........who paid you to scream that loud!!!

Anyways, with our cruise coming up pretty fast now and with the Fish Extender Exchange on most everyone's mind, I want to tell you all a little story. So sit back................get your popcorn popcorn::..........get your drinks :drinking1 and sit back to read a sad but true story. (It ain't too sad.....but it is oh so true.) It was the best of times, it was the worse of times....................wait a minute, that ain't right.................it all started with our B2B cruise on the Disney Dream back in 2011. (There that is a better beginning.) Our itinerary was for the 4 day cruise first and then the 3 day. On the 4 day cruise we did not participate in the FE exchange. It was not a very active group here on the DIS Board, but the 3 day cruise was a very active group. So we chose to part take in that FE Exchange. So, after reboarding the dream and we got back into our stateroom I put out our Fish Extender on our fish by our door. Everything went well for the cruise. We had a GREAT time, made some wonderful friends, and as usual the cruise went all too fast. So on our last evening on board the ship, Donna and I were in our stateroom. We decided to start the necessary repacking of our clothes, to put our luggage out by the door later that evening. Upon entering our stateroom I checked our Fish Extender to see if we got any more packages. But alas, it was empty. So after we started packing Donna said, why don't you bring in our Fish Extender and pack that away. Maybe 5 minutes...........5 minutes had passed from us entering the room to me going to the door to take the Fish Extender down. I opened the door and our Fish Extender was gone. Someone had stolen it. Neither of us are very crafty so I bought ours from a very nice lady on Ebay. It was not an expensive Fish Extender, but it was the idea that someone stole it from us. I checked with Guest Services but no one turned anything in. I checked several times before we got off the ship. No luck. So, I mention this to all of you to beware and to take along some of those plastic ties to anchor your Fish Extender to the fish outside of your door. If I had done that we probably would still have that Fish Extender to this day. (But, to add a foot note here, after we got back home, I contacted that same nice lady to make us a new Fish Extender. She had changed her designs since our first one, and now we have a new and improved Fish Extender, that we like even better then the first one!!!):cool1::yay::yay::yay: Again, remember those plastic ties!!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Helloooooo David :wave2:. You continue to crack me up with your posts. Thanks so much for this info. I will definetly throw a few zip ties in with my door magnets to secure our Fish Extender to the fish. I made ours and I can't imagine anyone wanting one with our names on it but you never know do you :confused3. I'd rather secure it than lose it.

We got our fish extender off of eBay in 2010. It may look just like the one you got stolen. Just didn't want you to be shocked as you walk by. We have found another great use for zip ties. We take our over the door shoe holder and zip tie it to a hanger and hang it on the robe hook outside the bathroom.

Sorry the stingray park is in cozumel, then snorkling. I'm still working on cabo if anyone has any great ideas for kids, or else we may be at the beach. But honestly my husband and I would like to find something a little more adventurous for our family.
Thanks heaps for your feedback we want to put down to do a Dolphin encounter but at the moment not sure which port is best Cabo or Puerto Vallara. The idea about a snorting equipment for Bethany our 5 yr old daughter is good in America what is a good shop to buy these at ?
The one port adventure we really wanted to do that we did advance search on was at Puerto Vallarta the Pirate Boat sail and snorkel but now that we can book it's not there. Emailed DCL who say it's sold out which l find strange as all other activities that are Sold out are listed but have sold out against them. Has any one booked this excursion ?

dee slack said:
That sounds tough, but like you say, it won't be long to wait after that!

Got something else to be excited about in the meantime. We are going to the 2nd stage of Le Tour de France tomorrow as it's very close to where we live in the UK - just a 30 min train ride and we will be in Sheffield to see the finish. First time seeing it live but have watched on Tv for the past 20 years so going to brave the crowds and probably rain to hopefully get a glimpse of some of the riders:)

No still football our match against costa rica was hard but now argentinia

We have found another great use for zip ties. We take our over the door shoe holder and zip tie it to a hanger and hang it on the robe hook outside the bathroom.

What a great idea!! I wasn't even going to pack mine because I'd heard that the were frowned upon now, like the power strips, but I may need to rethink that and throw in some more zip ties.

I just wanted to let you all know how excited my family is to go on this cruise! I have literally spent ALL day today searching the internet for FE ideas. Now I am so confused on what to do but can't wait to get started and then to give them out! :-) For those of you who are DCL veterans what are some of your favorite FE gifts that you have received?

:earboy2:

Hello, my daughters are 5 and nearly 3, we live in san diego. Since our younger daughter isn't old enough for most of the disney excursions, we are planning a couple of our own. We are going to try for a dolphin encounter in puerta vallerta, swimming with rays in cabo san lucas (place I found on trip advisor, looks cool and good for kids), and we will bring our own snorkling stuff for cozumel (floaties too!) and try to find some cool spots on our own or hire our own guide. The girls are practicing their snorkling in the pool to get ready! My 5 year old is super excited to meet your daughter, she wants to know what it is like to be 5 in Australia! ha so cute Hope we can meet up! -Megan
Have just told my daughter about your daughters and she is excited to meet them and talk with your 5 yr old about life here in Australia. Yes would be great to catchup on the cruise.

Thanks heaps for your feedback we want to put down to do a Dolphin encounter but at the moment not sure which port is best Cabo or Puerto Vallara. The idea about a snorting equipment for Bethany our 5 yr old daughter is good in America what is a good shop to buy these at ? The one port adventure we really wanted to do that we did advance search on was at Puerto Vallarta the Pirate Boat sail and snorkel but now that we can book it's not there. Emailed DCL who say it's sold out which l find strange as all other activities that are Sold out are listed but have sold out against them. Has any one booked this excursion ?

This was our first choice. We were told it was not offered for our cruise because of our limited time at port.

So I'm working on our FE gifts. They're on my kitchen table and I do a couple minutes everyday. The problem I have is I'm using a fancy glue I haven't used before. So I'm like "Kimmie, don't glue your fingers together." Singing it. "Don't glue your fingers together, can't go to the ER with this injury..." Thought y'all would laugh.

So I'm working on our FE gifts. They're on my kitchen table and I do a couple minutes everyday. The problem I have is I'm using a fancy glue I haven't used before. So I'm like "Kimmie, don't glue your fingers together." Singing it. "Don't glue your fingers together, can't go to the ER with this injury..." Thought y'all would laugh.

I have changed my FE gifts a million times!

Heelllloooooooooooo Everybody!!!!.........................I can't hear you.......I said Heeelllllllooooooooooooooooo Everybody!!! Ok, ok, I see some of you there in the back just mouthing the words.........and you here in the front.........who paid you to scream that loud!!! Anyways, with our cruise coming up pretty fast now and with the Fish Extender Exchange on most everyone's mind, I want to tell you all a little story. So sit back................get your popcorn popcorn::..........get your drinks :drinking1 and sit back to read a sad but true story. (It ain't too sad.....but it is oh so true.) It was the best of times, it was the worse of times....................wait a minute, that ain't right.................it all started with our B2B cruise on the Disney Dream back in 2011. (There that is a better beginning.) Our itinerary was for the 4 day cruise first and then the 3 day. On the 4 day cruise we did not participate in the FE exchange. It was not a very active group here on the DIS Board, but the 3 day cruise was a very active group. So we chose to part take in that FE Exchange. So, after reboarding the dream and we got back into our stateroom I put out our Fish Extender on our fish by our door. Everything went well for the cruise. We had a GREAT time, made some wonderful friends, and as usual the cruise went all too fast. So on our last evening on board the ship, Donna and I were in our stateroom. We decided to start the necessary repacking of our clothes, to put our luggage out by the door later that evening. Upon entering our stateroom I checked our Fish Extender to see if we got any more packages. But alas, it was empty. So after we started packing Donna said, why don't you bring in our Fish Extender and pack that away. Maybe 5 minutes...........5 minutes had passed from us entering the room to me going to the door to take the Fish Extender down. I opened the door and our Fish Extender was gone. Someone had stolen it. Neither of us are very crafty so I bought ours from a very nice lady on Ebay. It was not an expensive Fish Extender, but it was the idea that someone stole it from us. I checked with Guest Services but no one turned anything in. I checked several times before we got off the ship. No luck. So, I mention this to all of you to beware and to take along some of those plastic ties to anchor your Fish Extender to the fish outside of your door. If I had done that we probably would still have that Fish Extender to this day. (But, to add a foot note here, after we got back home, I contacted that same nice lady to make us a new Fish Extender. She had changed her designs since our first one, and now we have a new and improved Fish Extender, that we like even better then the first one!!!):cool1::yay::yay::yay: Again, remember those plastic ties!!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

THANKS for the tie reminder. I had forgotten to put those in our staging area!

Good evening all- a few questions and if you have the answers, PLEASE jump in! If you're interested in the dining or the Cartagena tour, please message me.

1: is Julylady still on this cruise? Is she on FB?
2: it appears that we may have room for one more couple
A- at our main dining table with a few other's from here; and
B- on our private group tour of Cartagena;
3: anyone have any 10# quick loss plans for an over 50 couple?
( I know the Oreo bingeing didn't help last night. I should send all that junk home with the grandkids but kept some for next weekends visit : ( The Bluebell Red-White and Blue ice cream is looking pretty yummy too. )

Thanks and have a good night.

Good Morning fellow EBPC'ers.....

Here are a couple of pictures from our WBPC cruise last year....

Look how close we get to the locke..... :rolleyes1

"SEE YOU REAL SOON!!! ;)

Robin & Angel "D" :thumbsup2

Thanks heaps for your feedback we want to put down to do a Dolphin encounter but at the moment not sure which port is best Cabo or Puerto Vallara. The idea about a snorting equipment for Bethany our 5 yr old daughter is good in America what is a good shop to buy these at ?
The one port adventure we really wanted to do that we did advance search on was at Puerto Vallarta the Pirate Boat sail and snorkel but now that we can book it's not there. Emailed DCL who say it's sold out which l find strange as all other activities that are Sold out are listed but have sold out against them. Has any one booked this excursion ?
We bought ours at Target, Speedo brand, and they are pretty good quality for the kids (no water gets in the mask) That being said, since it is summer right now they were not to hard to find. May be more difficult in September if you want to purchase them when you arrive.

Yikes! Sorry about the FE :mad::mad: I guess even on a Disney cruise there are people that are not so honest.
I am glad that you got a new one so you will be able to be part of the fun.
Looking forward to meeting you and Donna at DL.

Good morning~
Just wanted to let the group know that we have room for one couple at our table, main seating time. If you didn't sign up on the list, but would like to join a few of us who are seated together, please message me! We have requested a table by the window. No guarantees, but hopefully we'll get our wish!

Good morning~
Just wanted to let the group know that we have room for one couple at our table, main seating time. If you didn't sign up on the list, but would like to join a few of us who are seated together, please message me! We have requested a table by the window. No guarantees, but hopefully we'll get our wish!

Sent you à message.we would like to join if still available .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter